Comments

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    why? serio?
    cuz they are only on these boards cuz they need tickets, they aint fam
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

rssesq said:

IF YOU HAVE SPARES, KEEP IN MIND THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ASKING FOR IT.
    IF THEY ONLY VISIT THE BOARDS TO ASK FOR SPARES, THEY SHOULD BE AT THE BACK OF THE LINE

Why?

seriously, theres already way too many people saying "i need" every day over and over again in the threads and starting new threads. if you have extras, make a thread and give it to the first response as long as theyre not obviously a scumbag..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    abulrabulr Posts: 80

^^^^ hi this is my first post - got any GA tickets? :rofl:

HAHAHAHA - AWESOME!!!

Though, my personal favorite is...

Trade my 1 GA for Podunk (population 90,000)
    For your 1 GA MSG (Either night)

a.r.
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    Ahhh, gotta love the internet. Wasn't gonna bother but what the hell...

Guess those of us that prefer to read and lurk, and haven't spent years posting on the board haven't 'paid our dues' or aren't 'real' fans, huh?

We ALL paid to be here because we love the band. One's level of online involvement or the ability/inability to spend thousands of dollars tour chasing doesn't determine how deep that love runs. Other fans don't get to determine how deep that love runs. Nor do you get to yell at others about how they should sell their tickets. MANY fans get shut out of tix, and we ALL have the privilege to try to seek them out here without the bullying.
  • Options

Guess those of us that prefer to read and lurk, and haven't spent years posting on the board haven't 'paid our dues' or aren't 'real' fans, huh?

We ALL paid to be here because we love the band. One's level of online involvement or the ability/inability to spend thousands of dollars tour chasing doesn't determine how deep that love runs. Other fans don't get to determine how deep that love runs. Nor do you get to yell at others about how they should sell their tickets. MANY fans get shut out of tix, and we ALL have the privilege to try to seek them out here without the bullying.

i can kind of get behind this. while the internet can be really helpful in expanding access to and discussing the music we all love, just because someone has a lot of posts on a message board doesnt necessarily equate to level of fandom or expertise
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    OK, how about shows attended? does that work for ya?
  • Options

i don't think that was the point being made - at all...
    i for one have been a member for years and barely have 50 posts
    but to join the forum and then request something unrealistic rather than "would just love to see them" is what i believe i (and the person before me) were laughing at

i fully respect the board/admins having a face value only policy - it's quite commendable

but lot of things aren't of equal value

it's akin to saying - i would like to use your apartment in midtown manhattan and in return i can let you stay at my apartment in greenville (in airbnb terms that's not even close)

not sure if i get my point across here - but it is what it is....

lastly - no one was "yelling" - the emoji was ROFL
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • Options
    rssesq said:

kinda disagree with this one - with all due respect
    i would give anything to have that virgin experience again
    and am jealous of other virgins

(umm - speaking strictly in terms of Pearl Jam of course)

almost give more props to my friend whose first show was 2012, but then in the next yr went and saw them 7 times in various states/countries while i only saw them once more...

there's no metric to gauge devotion/love/fandom/etc

but there are reasonable metrics to say for example 1 Irving Plaza ticket is worth considerably more than 1 Soldier field ticket (just from a population/numbers perspective) - i hope that makes sense
  • Options
    rssesq said:

its not really a pissing contest either of who wears the badge of most deserving of a coveted ticket. someone can go to 100 shows and be an asshole or some kid who is 20 could be cool as shit and have gone to 2 shows. just find someone who's a fan and move on.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    nycrats said:

rssesq said:

its not really a pissing contest either of who wears the badge of most deserving of a coveted ticket. someone can go to 100 shows and be an asshole or some kid who is 20 could be cool as shit and have gone to 2 shows. just find someone who's a fan and move on.
    i agree with this...
  • Options
    I've posted elsewhere but looking for a pair to purchase anywhere in Wrigley 1... Have a set of reserved Wrigley 2 to trade or will straight up buy the night 1 if a trade isn't needed! Cheers and good luck to all :)
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    nycrats said:

rssesq said:

That is literally, exactly me. 20, 2 shows.

Number is going up, up, up this year!
  • Options

nycrats said:

rssesq said:

jealous! enjoy this summer

if i think of pj now @ 25, and i think of who was in that boat when i was 20 years old as far as classic rock n roll, it was like a pretty watered down stones with no real great new music and lives shows were kind of caricatures of themselves of just mega mega mega.. ah to be 20 again
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    nycrats said:

nycrats said:

rssesq said:

jealous! enjoy this summer

if i think of pj now @ 25, and i think of who was in that boat when i was 20 years old as far as classic rock n roll, it was like a pretty watered down stones with no real great new music and lives shows were kind of caricatures of themselves of just mega mega mega.. ah to be 20 again
    Thanks! You too! It's shaping up to be a very good tour year very fast. Only February and already so much excitement.
  • Options

have 1 msg1 TM section 105, low row, aisle seat
    need 1 msg1 GA

help!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    dw545589dw545589 Utica, NY Posts: 9
    Now it looks like I'm flying solo from NY to Greenville for this show. Sometimes my friends are super f'ing lame!!!. I have an extra GA ticket for sale. Face value. Let me know
    '96- NYC- Randall's Island 2
    '98- Montreal, ON
    '98- Hartford, CT
    '00- Saratoga, NY
    '03- Albany, NY
    '06- Albany, NY
    '06-Hartford, CT
    '08- Hartford, CT
    '08- Mansfield, MA (2)
    '09- Philadelphia, PA
    '13- Brooklyn, NY
    '13- Philadelphia, PA
    '13- Hartford, CT
    '16- Greenville, SC
    '16- Philadelphia, PA
    '16- Boston, MA (Fenway Park)
    '18- London, UK (2)
    '20- NYC (2)(cancelled)
    '22- Las Vegas (cancelled)
    '23- Fort Worth (2)

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    dw545589 said:

Now it looks like I'm flying solo from NY to Greenville for this show. Sometimes my friends are super f'ing lame!!!. I have an extra GA ticket for sale. Face value. Let me know

PM sent!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    ddpjfanddpjfan Posts: 14
    edited February 2016
    I have one extra reserved 10C ticket for Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh, and Columbia. Face value for each. PM me if interested. 161xxx
    update: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh, and Columbia are sold
    Post edited by ddpjfan on
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    rssesq said:

Like a couple of others have already said, this isn't a contest of who's the better fan. For the record, I'm nearly 40 years old and they became my favorite band when Ten debuted. You know how many times I've seen them live? Twice. Nearly every time they've come around I either didn't have the $$ for tix, or something else got in the way. Hell, I even missed them in the early days due to not knowing they were playing near me. Yanno, back in the day before teh internets, when you had to scour metal magazines for tour dates or call your local venues for show listings. Until recently, I never bothered to rejoin 10c after letting my membership lapse many years ago, given that I could almost never make it to shows.

Then of course there's age. MANY current fans weren't even born when Ten was released. That surely doesn't disqualify them from being a dedicated fan. Seeing parents bringing kids to shows of the bands we listened to as teens is pretty damn cool in my book.
    abulr said:

i don't think that was the point being made - at all...
    i for one have been a member for years and barely have 50 posts
    but to join the forum and then request something unrealistic rather than "would just love to see them" is what i believe i (and the person before me) were laughing at
    it's akin to saying - i would like to use your apartment in midtown manhattan and in return i can let you stay at my apartment in greenville (in airbnb terms that's not even close)

lastly - no one was "yelling" - the emoji was ROFL

I joined this site in 2009 but didn't rejoin 10c until recently. My ISO posts were no different than the rest. Just putting the feelers out there in hopes of a little luck.
    As far as the 'value' being placed on certain locations, well, I can't help that the closest shows to me are in a very large city in which tix are apparently in higher demand. *shrug*

And the yelling part was in reference to rssesq's all caps post about who should or shouldn't get tix, not the ROFL emoji.

Anyway, I'm done derailing this thread. Carrying on my search for tix, 10c seats or not, I'll be there.

Peace.
  • Options
    Hi. looking for 1 Raleigh GA and 1 Lexington GA
    Have TC Res. Hampton and 2 TM Lexington for trade, thank you
  • Options
    Have for trade;
    1 GA Fort Lauderdale
    Need
    1 GA Miami
    How much difference does it make
  • Options
    ISO:
    2 Quebec City GA or lower 10C Reserved

FT
    2 Fenway Night 2 10C Reserved
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    jerseyjammer1jerseyjammer1 Posts: 245
    edited February 2016
    Have: Philly 4/29 pair in section 217 row 11.
    Want: Philly 4/29 lower level single ticket plus $95

This would be an even trade at face value. PM me if interested.
    Thanks!
    Post edited by jerseyjammer1 on
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Looking for two seats together for Philly night 2
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    So I had a ticket but the seller pulled out with no explanation(the refund notification is how I found out). I did get my money back so I have that going for me.
    My ticket buddy and I are once again on the hunt for two to MSG1 anywhere and I mean anywhere in the building. Thanks in advance.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Hello - I am in need of a pair to Toronto 2. Somehow I missed the ten club lottery (if there was one) and the public sale for this. I have never posted on here before! Going to the first Toronto show and want to do both! 10c member 469xxx
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    MS150304 said:

Hello - I am in need of a pair to Toronto 2. Somehow I missed the ten club lottery (if there was one) and the public sale for this. I have never posted on here before! Going to the first Toronto show and want to do both! 10c member 469xxx

There wasn't a lottery.
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    Have a Miami reserved seat (TC# 36XXXX)
    Need a GA or similar seat for either Philly 2 or Toronto 2.

PM me. Thanks!
  • Options
    BL221101BL221101 Minneapolis Posts: 56
    Have:
    10C Wrigley Night 2 GA pair

Want:
    10C MSG 1 or comparable lower level seating

Let's make a trade!
    49 and counting...
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    nycrats said:

rssesq said:

This is what I like to call sanity :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.