Fuck you Ky.

Very poor response to this storm. Currently shut down on 75 northbound in my truck. 50 - 60 miles of single lane traffic. Stopped. Seen 3 southbound plows in 3 1/2 hrs since I have been stuck. Not a single northbound plow. No temp signage/message boards. Not a goddamn thing by way of useful info.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Phew. Thought this might be a...umm...jelly thing =)

Please please keep safe out there mickey.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    That would have been titled KY
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    That too is the state abbreviation...at least when I'm addressing letters.

No matter and apologies for my apparently poor attempt at a joke! Just wanted to wish you well.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you're a driver. easy go does it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • An offensive thread title on an all ages forum?
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    This storm seems scary I hope people are staying of the roads and keeps as safe they can.
    Could have declared snow emergency and shut it all down.

Irks the fuck out of me that there is no info that I can find on any state website. Updates on progress, possible opening times etc.

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Hope you're okay, Mickey. Where I grew up in western VA (interstate 81/64 - I bet you know those roads) they took care of snow really well. It sucks KY did nothing.
  • TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422

An offensive thread title on an all ages forum?

As George Carlin always said how can a word be offensive?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    That's just crazy. We had some really bad storms the two winters I spent in western NY state but they kept up on the snow fairly well- probably due to lots of experience with it. The only time it was really bad was when an ice storm hit so fast it took a little while to get the word out. Luckily I was home but during those minutes before word got out I could hear cars crashing into shit outside.

Good luck out there, Mickey. Stay safe!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Ok, State Police ordered us off the freeway. The exit we were diverted off is the same exit I needed to access a walmart distibution center my compmnay contracts with as a dedicated carrier for store deliveries. We have a maintenance shop here too as well as fuel, driver bathrooms with showers too. I am safe, TIRED and shut down for real now. Good thing I chose here. My truck shows two engine codes that require repair sooner rather than later. They stock the parts and will get it done before I could legally leave , assuming the roads get cleared and opened.

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Oh that's fantastic news. I seen the alert about the highway. Haha I knew what this thread was before I opened it haha too funny - not funny just funny I sort of know someone dealing with the weather.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Mickey, be safe and stay warm.
    ELITIST FUK
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    mickeyrat said:

Ok, State Police ordered us off the freeway. The exit we were diverted off is the same exit I needed to access a walmart distibution center my compmnay contracts with as a dedicated carrier for store deliveries. We have a maintenance shop here too as well as fuel, driver bathrooms with showers too. I am safe, TIRED and shut down for real now. Good thing I chose here. My truck shows two engine codes that require repair sooner rather than later. They stock the parts and will get it done before I could legally leave , assuming the roads get cleared and opened.

Be well, be safe, be warm.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Where are you at Mickey?
    I was thinking about you last night.
    I had a strange feeling you were out in the mess.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Glad you're okay - they showed KY on CNN this morning and all the traffic stuck on the interstate and I was hoping you got out.
  • Where are you at Mickey?

Are you back on the road?
    Or are you gonna be shut down for a day or 2?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Oh man, were you in that huge mess of shit? Hope you're up and running!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Our town was shut down today. No one was supposed to be on the roads unless it was an emergency.

Mickeyrat, how long were you stuck on the road? Have you made it home yet?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Rolling finally.

edited January 2016

Where are you at Mickey?

Are you back on the road?
    Or are you gonna be shut down for a day or 2?
    Was stuck in London Ky. Stopped initially right below where they ended up diverting people off at xt41.I-75. Was stopped there for 4 hrs.

Schneider hauls dedicated for walmart.they have a DC off that exit. Gained entry and shut down to restart my 10.

After roads were clear and my 10 was up the truck was stick in place. Had to dig out.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on