I don't even know what to title this

I had my three month old son in my lap, he fell asleep while having some warm milk. He's now resting comfortably on my chest. My 2 year old is running around and watching Mickey. My oldest is practicing her cheer and and working on homework. And all I can do is fight back the tears. I read on CNN today that 2 military birds collided somewheres out by Hawaii. Assumption of zero survivors.

My kids are home. Warm. Fed. Happy. I can't thank any of you service women and men enough.

Thank you to my USA troops. I'm home relaxing with my family knowing you're out there somewhere. I pray you're all safe and not alone.

Thank you to my police officers. I work with some of the finest men and women that put there lives on the line for me every day I go to work. My appreciation can't be expressed enough.

Thank you to my firefighters. Thank you for going beyond the job description and expectations.

Thank you to my medical professionals. You have been there for myself and my family during scary and life threatening emergencies. You've saved us.

Thank you to all of my teachers/professors. Thank you for teaching our children and for setting such an example. Helping people grow and meet their potential and to know you helped mold them into the people they have become is so powerful.

Thank you to all of my skilled tradesmen and women. You keep us cool, you keep us warm, you keep life convenient, safe, easy.

The bravery. The skill. The knowledge. Amazing human beings. The way you treat and support complete strangers is amazing. Thank you for studying and doing the hard work and for being so smart and for loving what you do. And for doing what I cannot do. Your presence is known and you all deserve a raise.

I owe you more than thank you.
Oh please let it rain today.
Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Foxy, you don't need to title this; it's unneeded.

Your words hit, and your sentiments moreso.

What a gift to appreciate your small circle, that sweet personal intimate one...and then the larger ones surrounding it.

Thank you.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    And thank you to Foxy for posting this.

<3:murica:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    FoxyRedLa very nice writing of you, wonderful !

I was thinking the other day about how greatful I feel about having one of the best times of my life going to a certain super great PJ concert about two years ago, they really rock the world those guys :)
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    i wish you were my neighbor too :wink:

my youngest was 6 months old during the 2006 Indonesian tsunami, and after hearing/seeing about babies being ripped from
    their mother arms from the waters-- you're right--there's no words you can put to the value of the loved ones you have right there with you everyday, even in your arms ,

warmth and safety is underrated daily

thank you
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Thanks you guys. I think about our fellow public servants daily. I can't imagine some of the shit they see.

Lol I could obviously go on and on and on and it was already a lot to read.

Rollings that image you painted makes me - I have typed and erased and typed and erased - I have no words to describe - I pray their angels protected them from any pain.

I can barely make it through sad commercials sometimes. I'm a mess.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    You should see me when the ASPCA commercials run here ;)

It's good, healthy, to feel - even sadness, hurt for others as well as ourselves.

A life numbed isn't life.
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    hedonist said:

You should see me when the ASPCA commercials run here ;)

It's good, healthy, to feel - even sadness, hurt for others as well as ourselves.

A life numbed isn't life.

Very True !