04/17/'94

Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
edited January 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Was anyone at this show? I've always been interested in it - that's the day I was born! I believe that was also Dave A's last show with the band and he's my favourite PJ drummer. Another cool thing is that it was played in NYC at MSG which is an important place to me being a big rangers fan (EDIT - actually played at The Paramount in NYC. MSG logo on ticket stub fooled me). So I've been wondering if there's any sort of bootleg for it or if there was a tour poster (or maybe at that time it was just 1 poster for multiple shows - PJ Tour page just shows a ticket stub), I think memorabilia from this show would be cool for me to add to my PJ collection. Cheers!
Post edited by Mignelli14 on

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Posts: 2,640
    Theres no official boot but there is a pretty good sounding audience recording.

http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2015/10/paramount-ny-041794-audience.html

I dont believe there was a poster for that leg of the Vs. tour
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    https://youtu.be/NbQanPqrZQY

This is all the video footage to surface from the show.

There is a 1994 tour poster, but it doesn't include New York.
  • RS151862RS151862 Posts: 2,640
    Still reeling from the fact that you're looking for a show from the day you were born.... And I was in high school. But this old timer hopes you enjoy the boot. I'm glad the band's greatness has carried on to the next generation.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• ^ Yeah, thanks for the help guys! I'm about a generation behind in my music preference, 90s music is probably the most bountiful era in my library. But I love that this band crosses many generations and takes bits and pieces of older stuff and puts it in theirs. Cheers!
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited January 2016

So I've been wondering if there's any sort of bootleg for it...

http://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Last-American-Heroes/release/5447534
    ..and there's another one called 'New York 1994', same source/sound quality but different artwork..

I'm in no way promoting unofficial bootlegs.. if this will be released one day as a vault release I will be the first person to buy it.. but I don't think there's a pre-bootleg aud source for this particular show, so if you want memorabila from this show the unofficial thing may be cool (sound quality on this is a straight A/A-, excellent audience recording...
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Wow! Pretty sweet find, thanks. They're a little steep on the discogs marketplace but at least now I know they're out there
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404

Wow! Pretty sweet find, thanks. They're a little steep on the discogs marketplace but at least now I know they're out there

There s one on eBay for $35 usd.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,596

..and there's another one called 'New York 1994', same source/sound quality but different artwork..

I'm in no way promoting unofficial bootlegs.. if this will be released one day as a vault release I will be the first person to buy it.. but I don't think there's a pre-bootleg aud source for this particular show, so if you want memorabila from this show the unofficial thing may be cool (sound quality on this is a straight A/A-, excellent audience recording...
    That "New York 1994" 2CD Unofficial Bootleg is one of my favorites. Even though I paid $65 bucks back then from Taz Records over a decade ago for it.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    demetrios said:

That "New York 1994" 2CD Unofficial Bootleg is one of my favorites. Even though I paid $65 bucks back then from Taz Records over a decade ago for it.
    Well i still pay some money for them, even nowadays.. all of them would be available online for free, but the real thing.. is the real thing
  • cockagecockage Posts: 457

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    This was my 2nd show. I had seen them only a week or so earlier in Springfield Ma then heard that the local radio station had a contest to win a pair of tickets to this and I called in and won! What a difference between those two shows. Springfield = all raw energy crazy moshpit, Paramount = plush red velour seats and subdued vibe due to the recent passing of Kurt. I don't remember too much about the setlist except that at one point Ed stopped the set to talk about the importance of relationships, saying it was his & Beth's 10yr anniversary and this bald douchebag a few rows in front of my kept yelling "shut up and sing" I was thinking that was the same sentiment that killed Kurt so I welled up a nice goober and spit on him hitting him right on the back of the neck. He turned around like he was gonna kill someone but no one around us knew what happened &being a girl he didn't think it was me. I was young and way more punk back then but he deserved it.
    The other cool thing is a few days later in the mail the radio station sent me two Cd's - bootlegs of the Fox theater show in Atlanta from earlier in the tour. My 1st ever PJ bootlegs. I had that show on continuous repeat for months.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    cockage said:

that is so freaking cool! I wish they would do those types of shows again.
    URthekey: awesome story!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cockage said:

Really cool to look at, thanks for sharing! i'll have to grab that bootleg sooner or later then
    URthekey said:

This was my 2nd show. I had seen them only a week or so earlier in Springfield Ma then heard that the local radio station had a contest to win a pair of tickets to this and I called in and won! What a difference between those two shows. Springfield = all raw energy crazy moshpit, Paramount = plush red velour seats and subdued vibe due to the recent passing of Kurt. I don't remember too much about the setlist except that at one point Ed stopped the set to talk about the importance of relationships, saying it was his & Beth's 10yr anniversary and this bald douchebag a few rows in front of my kept yelling "shut up and sing" I was thinking that was the same sentiment that killed Kurt so I welled up a nice goober and spit on him hitting him right on the back of the neck. He turned around like he was gonna kill someone but no one around us knew what happened &being a girl he didn't think it was me. I was young and way more punk back then but he deserved it.
    The other cool thing is a few days later in the mail the radio station sent me two Cd's - bootlegs of the Fox theater show in Atlanta from earlier in the tour. My 1st ever PJ bootlegs. I had that show on continuous repeat for months.

Pretty rad story. Thank you for taking one to the hecklers, I've never had the courage to do something like that but frig I hate that kind of person in crowds.
  • I've just stumbled on this thread,so many great stories. Thanks for sharing everyone :)
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,348
    This was my first show! I bought a bootleg on cassette tape that summer from a street vendor in the village. The show was amazing and announced last minute while they were in town for SNL the night before. Tickets went on sale via Z100 that Friday for the Sunday night show. I redialed hundreds of times to get through and so did my brother and some friends. 5000 seat venue with PJ peaking and tearing through an awesome set. I had bought Vs. on release day the fall before and just turned 14 in February. When the show was announced it had only been a week or two earlier when I stayed up late on a school night to record their live radio broadcast from fox theater in Atlanta. Z100 also shipped a 2-CD copy of the Atlanta live show to the fans that got through to buy tickets to the show at the Paramount. Tix were $18!!!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24