Sandkasten

dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
Leave your waist [sic] here.

I figured that perhaps we all need a place to unload. I know that those of us who were raised right were told by those who looked after us that if we don't have anything nice to say, then we shouldn't say anything at all. Of course, then we later hear that it's no good to hold back our emotions.

This thread, in particular, is a place to say what you want to say in another thread, knowing that if you did so there, you would either get the thread locked or yourself banned (or warned).

You've gotta be smart, though. You obviously can't address the person with whom you have an issue -- that person might even be a good friend most of the time, and you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (unless you're an asshole) -- and you probably shouldn't mention anything about the particular comment or thread with which you take exception either. Doing stuff that makes it easy to identify exactly whom or what you might be lashing out at will, again, either get this thread locked or yourself banned (or warned).

So, this is just a place to let off steam, and that steam should dissipate. We should not reply to a poster's steam. If you are curious about a poster's comment here and think you might like to commiserate/apologize/whathaveyou, then use the pm function.

In the end, this thread should read like a bunch of non sequiturs, and it should only be visited to spit and split. No one should revisit it to see if they got a reply because if we use it properly, there shouldn't be anything that warrants a reply.

I'll go first.

Why the hell would you post something like this?
I SAW PEARL JAM
Tagged:

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Where do I go if I want to reply here, but for fear of banning should post elsewhere?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    dankind said:

Leave your waist [sic] here.

I figured that perhaps we all need a place to unload.
    I know that those of us who were raised right were told by those who looked after us that if we don't have anything nice to say, then we shouldn't say anything at all. Of course, then we later hear that it's no good to hold back our emotions.

This thread, in particular, is a place to say what you want to say in another thread, knowing that if you did so there, you would either get the thread locked or yourself banned (or warned).

You've gotta be smart, though. You obviously can't address the person with whom you have an issue -- that person might even be a good friend most of the time, and you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (unless you're an asshole) -- and you probably shouldn't mention anything about the particular comment or thread with which you take exception either. Doing stuff that makes it easy to identify exactly whom or what you might be lashing out at will, again, either get this thread locked or yourself banned (or warned).

So, this is just a place to let off steam, and that steam should dissipate. We should not reply to a poster's steam. If you are curious about a poster's comment here and think you might like to commiserate/apologize/whathaveyou, then use the pm function.

In the end, this thread should read like a bunch of non sequiturs, and it should only be visited to spit and split. No one should revisit it to see if they got a reply because if we use it properly, there shouldn't be anything that warrants a reply.

I'll go first.

Why the hell would you post something like this?

:rofl:
    You sick f***.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Then you post in AMT and change your post to a '.' right afterwards.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2016
    You are all super great
    Hugs to all
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I hope you fucking ___________and ________you ____________________________.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Oooh, mad libs!
    oh, well if you wanted to play that, then I should have separated all the words out...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's a joke people. A joke.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    WTF???
    THE UG coming to the surface??????????

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:

WTF???
    THE UG coming to the surface??????????

Sometimes it is like a fart bubble in a bathtub full of water. You can try and hold that fart in as long as you can but at some point it will be let free and will go straight up. When it does it will stink 10 times worse because it came from the UG and had time to percolate on its way up.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Go drive a tenpenny nail down your peehole!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Very amused by a certain post in a now closed thread, one of those times when someone said what we've all been thinking :smirk:
  • I love god.

Very amused by a certain post in a now closed thread, one of those times when someone said what we've all been thinking :smirk:

:giggle:

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

:giggle:
    Which one?
    There are lots lately.
    #FMC
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Halts Maul FMC!

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    I'm really not sure what you are crushing in the gym
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited January 2016
    no one cares. at all. ever.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    ldent42 said:

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ldent42 said:

At least one - and pretty sure more than that, actually - does :hug:
  • #FMC

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Don't be such a f**king tool!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    That guy that goes on about what a waste it is to buy crap and wants to save the freakin' whales 'n shit and worries about the climate and bugs and owls 'n shit... oh my god, it just frosts me. I hope that guy gets hives!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

At least one - and pretty sure more than that, actually - does :hug:
    :hug: Hero

I didn't mean me though :giggle:
    brianlux said:

That guy that goes on about what a waste it is to buy crap and wants to save the freakin' whales 'n shit and worries about the climate and bugs and owls 'n shit... oh my god, it just frosts me. I hope that guy gets hives!

I hope he gets bee hives (if he wants them) and sends me some home produced honey! :wink:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Go lay your waste pipe elsewhere
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    DK, This made me smile.

#FMC made me laugh so hard that my neighbors probably heard it-- with the windows closed.

And Lolo, I wondered the same. Long live the UG! :kiss:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
This discussion has been closed.