Options

Bonnaroo announcementJan 19

PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16

Comments

• Options
    pearl jam will be there. not sure we need an official announcement at this point ;)
    anyone wanna bet they won't be there?
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,211
    So if they are,can you get Roo tickets from 10C?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    joseph33 said:

10c usually does not have festival tickets.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009

joseph33 said:

10c usually does not have festival tickets.
    Plus, it's GA, so 10C tickets would be pointless
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    They may provide discounted tickets or some allocation for VIP sections similar to what was done at Global Citizen.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    I believe we will get this confirmed than right before the 3/10 newsletter tour announcement

That's my guess
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jimminez said:

They may provide discounted tickets or some allocation for VIP sections similar to what was done at Global Citizen.

0%
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542

I believe we will get this confirmed than right before the 3/10 newsletter tour announcement

That's my guess

Lol
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    PJArtist said:

That's my guess

Lol
    they wouldnt announce it in march with the tour supposed to be in april/may unless the entire tour was moved back haha. they are usually announced about 3 months a head of time lol
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    With every day that passes, I think more and more the tour was pushed back until summer Time
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858

That's my guess

I was actually thinking the May newsletter
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    I was at Bonnaroo in 2008, and there was a section at the front for the VIP ticket holders, so as a general GA show, you could only get so close unless you ponied up for the VIP experience. Still an awesome, awesome experience and I would definitely go again if I didnt have a 1 year old to look after!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Jimminez said:

Nope. Bonnaroo is completely different from GCF
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    RhinoJam said:

I was at Bonnaroo in 2008, and there was a section at the front for the VIP ticket holders, so as a general GA show, you could only get so close unless you ponied up for the VIP experience. Still an awesome, awesome experience and I would definitely go again if I didnt have a 1 year old to look after!

to be clear, those areas are not for the Bonnaroo VIP tix, but for festival VIPs and such. Bonnaroo VIP tix holders have the section on the hill toward the back left of the main stage area (as you look at the stage) as their 'special viewing area'. the front pits are cordoned off on either side and are emptied after each main stage act, and are available for regular old festival goers to get into, provided they wanted to wait in line for them, of course.

how about that $60 car camping pass they announced for this year? the live nation influence is in effect!
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Brief and unimportant soap box.... so the state of music today is that there are now advance declarations of when announcements will be made. Has everyone lost their mind in this industry?? LOL. It's music! It just strikes me like there is this air of self importance. Just make your lineup announcement and move on, it literally changes nothing. I understand that there is the "marketing" aspect but if timing gimmicks are needed, then maybe the product should be improved instead.

End soap box :smile:
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,793
    ^I get where you're coming fr9m, I really do. I even agree with you. Yet, here we all are like perfect little sheep herding ourselves to this thread daily (some more than others) 4 months later. Kind of the same thing.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

With every day that passes, I think more and more the tour was pushed back until summer Time

Yes!, a very reasonable thought
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103

Sure hope so. My wife is giving birth to twin girls in late April/early May.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    It's "official". Yeah to festivals ...

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6018457/#Comment_6018457

"While we don’t have specific dates and locations yet, Consequence of Sound has personally confirmed one major stopping point for the Seattle legends: Bonnaroo. We’d guess that the rest of the tour might surround that June appearance in some way. Stay tuned." – Philip Cosores
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165

Yeah, kick it off with Bonnaroo, rock out the 4th in Chicago, then hit the road.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=822295

Looks like they added flushable toilets and showers.... woohoo

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    edited January 2016
    RhinoJam said:

The Pit in front of the main stage (the What Stage) is open for everybody , not just VIP. They open the gates to the field at 12pm daily and you can line up for the headliners starting then. If you want up front you put in the time and get there. The pit is cleared out between each main stage act through out the day and before the next act, they let the line of people in for that show. At a certain point after the show is started if it is fullish, they stop letting GA wristbanded people in to the pit and save the last bit of room for the VIP wrist bands. I have been up front for several shows(BB King, Stevie Wonder, Alabama Shakes, John Foggerty to name a few) never bought a VIP pass.
    Post edited by sgtppr67 on
  • Options
    ckravitz said:

Brief and unimportant soap box.... so the state of music today is that there are now advance declarations of when announcements will be made. Has everyone lost their mind in this industry?? LOL. It's music! It just strikes me like there is this air of self importance. Just make your lineup announcement and move on, it literally changes nothing. I understand that there is the "marketing" aspect but if timing gimmicks are needed, then maybe the product should be improved instead.

End soap box :smile:

But to us the Bonnaroovian clan, announcement day is a big deal, and we are chomping at the bit for this day since we left Manchester last year. This year is extra great that my favorite band is coming back to my favorite place in the world. Give it a shot come to TN this year!
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    sgtppr67 said:

RhinoJam said:

The Pit in front of the main stage (the What Stage) is open for everybody , not just VIP. They open the gates to the field at 12pm daily and you can line up for the headliners starting then. If you want up front you put in the time and get there. The pit is cleared out between each main stage act through out the day and before the next act, they let the line of people in for that show. At a certain point after the show is started if it is fullish, they stop letting GA wristbanded people in to the pit and save the last bit of room for the VIP wrist bands. I have been up front for several shows(BB King, Stevie Wonder, Alabama Shakes, John Foggerty to name a few) never bought a VIP pass.
    Thanks for the clarification... that was my first and only time at Bonnaroo so far... I was not aware of the separate line/entrance that was available to the general population there... I just remembered when it came time for PJ to come on stage there was a barrier preventing me from getting up front... never really dug much further than that (assumed it was for VIP). At least now if I go back and for others we will know how that process works! - - I certainly recommend the ROO if you've never been before.
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    RhinoJam said:

Thanks for the clarification... that was my first and only time at Bonnaroo so far... I was not aware of the separate line/entrance that was available to the general population there... I just remembered when it came time for PJ to come on stage there was a barrier preventing me from getting up front... never really dug much further than that (assumed it was for VIP). At least now if I go back and for others we will know how that process works! - - I certainly recommend the ROO if you've never been before.

It is a little different and i would guess about half of the first timers also think it's for VIP, but it's a great system that prevents crowd crush. I wish more of the faithful here would give it a chance instead of poo pooing the idea all together.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

^I get where you're coming fr9m, I really do. I even agree with you. Yet, here we all are like perfect little sheep herding ourselves to this thread daily (some more than others) 4 months later. Kind of the same thing.

^You've definitely got a point! Haha.
    sgtppr67 said:

But to us the Bonnaroovian clan, announcement day is a big deal, and we are chomping at the bit for this day since we left Manchester last year. This year is extra great that my favorite band is coming back to my favorite place in the world. Give it a shot come to TN this year!

Oh I totally get it that it would get the fans excited and I definitely do not mean to imply that the actual event isn't awesome as I'm sure it is (never been). It's just crazy the layers of secrecy and announcements about announcements that go on these days, haha.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:

Yeah, kick it off with Bonnaroo, rock out the 4th in Chicago, then hit the road.
    I completely agree
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    Bonnaroo artists leaked onto the Bonnaroo app. According to that, Pearl Jam is NOT on the Bonnaroo bill.
  • Options

Bonnaroo artists leaked onto the Bonnaroo app. According to that, Pearl Jam is NOT on the Bonnaroo bill.

That list was missing all 3 headliners. They are there, it is happening.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,211