Mike/Stone dual guitar solo duel?

Having seen PJ a measly 8 times, I'm wondering whether Mike and Stone ever jam (dueling guitar solos) the way Mike does with Boom during Crazy Mary? It's the one ingredient I find missing from their live show. I think they're both great guitarists and would love to see interplay. Anyone have any insights/boot recommendations?

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    Good question but unfortunately I can t think of any times they dual. That would be kick ass live!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Porch Chicago 1995, any Porch during the 2013-2014 Lightning Bolt tour.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403

Porch Chicago 1995, any Porch during the 2013-2014 Lightning Bolt tour.

you would call that a dual? i 'll give another listen to these .
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    I know one just let me find it.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • deweildeweil Posts: 245
    ehbacon said:
    Thanks for the video! Man, that was an epic RITFW. More of the Neil/Mike jam, but Stone, timid as he is, through in a few licks near the end. That's just the kind of interplay I want more of! Dylan used to have two fierce lead guitarists that would go crazy on songs like Watchtower, Masters of War, and It's All Right Ma, and I really miss it. Good thing Drive-By Truckers are still around, now that the Allmans are gone...

Porch Chicago 1995, any Porch during the 2013-2014 Lightning Bolt tour.

Will check Chicago out, although I caught 4 Porches during that tour (PHL/NYC) and none of them had any jams as I recall.
  • Columbia 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQZQH6jG58
    Porch starts at 1:26, but Mike and Stone physically facing off begins at 1:49. Stunning, really.
    Portland Meadows 1993
    Columbia SC 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    Missoula 2018

Columbia 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQZQH6jG58
    Porch starts at 1:26, but Mike and Stone physically facing off begins at 1:49. Stunning, really.

Nice! Thanks, this is exactly what I've been looking for...hope we get it on this tour!!
    ehbacon said:
    Last night, in lieu of Smile, one of my favs, they played Throw Your Hatred Down, with Stone and Mike dueling! It was so great, I was grinning like a little kid on Christmas morning.