Standing desks, anyone use one at work and like it?

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
Since doctor's are saying sitting is equal to smoking cigarettes and apparently sugar is like heroin, I am considering asking the college for one. I am a therapist, so I already do a fair amount of sitting during the work week. Anyone have one and like it? Are you able to type well?
www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• My work has started allowing half the people to get them and they swear by it. They of course converted their desks to where they can sit or stand. I stuck with sitting as I am up moving all the time and like sitting when I am actually at my desk.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I hear people love them. I guess you can also get them so they attach to a treadmill?
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Enkidu said:

I hear people love them. I guess you can also get them so they attach to a treadmill?

Some people can't walk and chew gum. Could you imagine trying to get work done while standing at a desk with a treadmill?

If I were to be in an office, I would love the idea of a standing desk. I am no longer at a desk job, though.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I have one at my desk. There is a motor on it and goes up and down. I can't use it all the time depending on what my assignment is. When I get to use it I love it. Something about burning an extra 300 calories a day. I can't say the ergonomics of it is positive to the body or posture.....

I don't think your request to the university is unreasonable - they should order you one up.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I believe long-term sitting is a problem - ie, plane trips, video-game binges, etc.

I'm frequently up and down at work too, so when I need a change from my desk I just do my stuff at one of the higher counters outside of my office. Definitely good and healthy to mix it up.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Duh. Sorry I meant to mention yes I can type just fine no issues.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.