Twilight Zone Marathon

Are we the only ones that this has become our New Year's tradition? My kids love it.

This year SyFy is doing every episode in order through Sunday.
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Edson, I just came upon the marathon (and also bitched about the channel's name change from SciFi to SyFy).

Love it every year (though am skipping through the current one).

Rod Serling was THE fucking man.

Happy new year!
  • Ha ha. Yeah me too on channel name.

Rod Serling is a genius.

Great part of way they are doing it this year is I'm seeing some I haven't seen in years and some of the great ones are mid-day scattered throughout.

Worst part about this year's - they are actually breaking from 8-10 tonight to show wrastling. Eh, so football can go on main tv for that time.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Not watching, football playoffs, but Rod Serling is from my town and the best man in my wedding lived in his house.
  • Not watching, football playoffs, but Rod Serling is from my town and the best man in my wedding lived in his house.

That is awesome. Do weird things happen in his house?

Watching both. Don't need to listen to announcer drivel.
  • I just watched a couple episodes. "To Serve Man" is so good.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

I just watched a couple episodes. "To Serve Man" is so good.

Tasty, right?

Slow-cooking and dousing with healthy doses of salt and pepper, always key ;)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I wish they would switch up the timing a bit...it seems I always see the same episodes when they do the marathons...if I happen to stay up late, I'll see the ones I haven't seen.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited January 2016
    They did change it this year. They are doing every episode in order. Midnight Sun wasn't at midnight. And some of the lock prime time ones aren't in prime time - To Serve Man was earlier, The pool shark one with Kligman and Winters was early this morning, etc.

Some are inevitably in similar slots, but if you're looking for some of the typical ones the next few hours, you won't see them.

(Monsters on Maple St and Real Martian were on in the very early morning hours)
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I just turned to it and the Tin Can episode was on...I've seen that one every marathon.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

I just turned to it and the Tin Can episode was on...I've seen that one every marathon.

Well, yeah. You will obviously see a bunch, but they did change it up a lot.
    I caught an ep with Harold Lloyd earlier, one I'd never seen before. A time-traveling premise.

He spoke so many words with his face alone.

I was privileged as a kid to tour his home / estate in conjunction with a fundraiser my dad was running. So pretty, all of it, and I still remember how his children's bathrooms had these lovely whimsical tiles, art-deco era. I wanted that!
  • Nightmare at 20,000 feet on now. Living Doll in a little over an hour.