Digital music service?

FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
edited December 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
AT&T's Beats is no longer. I gotta find a new one. Which one?
Oh please let it rain today.
Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

Digital music service? 12 votes

Apple
33%
Get_Right2-feign-reluctancemfc2006Empty Glass 4 votes
Spotify
33%
lolobuggPJ_SoulPearl34JamPRLXJAM 4 votes
Google
0%
Other
33%
jeffbrJimmyVAmongst the Anildent42 4 votes

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Apple
    Loving Apple Music. The catalog is deep. Great playlists. When my free trial ends next year I will be paying to continue.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Apple
    Has nothing to do with my allegiance to Apple either. Though I believe they make superior products - Mac user since 1998 and yet to have a problem outside of my first 2002 iPod finally dying. I used the Spotify web player & that thing hung up too much. Same with the app on my phone. Streaming through my work PC, home Macs & iPhone I've yet to have any drops or interruptions with Apple Music.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Other
    Amazon Prime Music is the one I go to. It's a service added onto a product I was already paying for so win-win.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

Loving Apple Music. The catalog is deep. Great playlists. When my free trial ends next year I will be paying to continue.

I'm on a free trial with Apple as my Beats turned into Apple. Some what slow. I hate hate hate watching the "swirl" ugh!

Other issue with Apple is I cannot find the family option. When I switched and moved my music Apple reported they had some glitches because of the new launch to just simply change this to family in my subscription in the app - still don't have this option.

But considering staying as I'm sure Apple can upgrade me to a family subscription - and I actually just had an ipifany as I type this that I need to explore - and my music moved so I wouldn't have to re-find it all.

Thanks!
    JimmyV said:

Amazon Prime Music is the one I go to. It's a service added onto a product I was already paying for so win-win.

Reasonable price?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Apple
    I love Apple Music. Dropped Sirius I like Apple so much.

A single subscription is $9.99 / month

A family plan exists for $14.99 / month

I can get you an answer on how to get a family plan in the morning if you haven't found it. I'm off to bed, long day
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Other
    I don't use streaming services often, but when I do, it's usually Amazon prime. I use Google music too, but only for my own stuff so I can't comment on their selection. For some reason, I can listen to Google music underground when I have no signal.
    I was pretty blown away with the selection on Amazon prime though.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435

I love Apple Music. Dropped Sirius I like Apple so much.

A single subscription is $9.99 / month

A family plan exists for $14.99 / month

I can get you an answer on how to get a family plan in the morning if you haven't found it. I'm off to bed, long day

Thanks EG, but it appears I need an iOS device or MAC to upgrade and I don't have either of those anymore so Apple may be out.

I still have my old iphone. Wonder if I could use that on wifi.....?
    Well just finished firing up my old iphone and the apple music app is non existent in the store. I'm going to bed.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Spotify
    I would actually recommend just keeping your own music library so that you can keep it forever without big brother actually owning it. But if you must stream... I recently signed up to Spotify (to take advantage of the 4 month trial at least) and it's pretty fantastic.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I thought about that too. Between my husband and I it gets used. I'm still thoroughly contenplating.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Other
    FoxyRedLa said:

I'm on a free trial with Apple as my Beats turned into Apple. Some what slow. I hate hate hate watching the "swirl" ugh!

Other issue with Apple is I cannot find the family option. When I switched and moved my music Apple reported they had some glitches because of the new launch to just simply change this to family in my subscription in the app - still don't have this option.

But considering staying as I'm sure Apple can upgrade me to a family subscription - and I actually just had an ipifany as I type this that I need to explore - and my music moved so I wouldn't have to re-find it all.

Thanks!
    JimmyV said:

Reasonable price?
    Prime is I think $99 for the year. Maybe a little more. But it includes a ton of different stuff. Streaming music, streaming video including some really good original/exclusive programming, free two-day shipping on all Amazon orders, to name a few. Worth checking out if you do a lot of business with Amazon.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Other
    Big fan of amazon music as well. Less than Apple music for a year and you get the free shipping and everything else mentioned above.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Thanks Jimmy! Thanks Ani!
  • If it's strictly streaming I use Pandora. It's free.
    If I'm downloading I use Apple lossless.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Other
    PJ_Soul said:

I would actually recommend just keeping your own music library so that you can keep it forever without big brother actually owning it. But if you must stream... I recently signed up to Spotify (to take advantage of the 4 month trial at least) and it's pretty fantastic.

I use Spotify and Pandora free streaming services for checking out music or playing random playlists. But I do what PJ_Soul suggests and keep my own music library. I recently installed Plex (https://plex.tv/) on a server and have my music and videos there. I can stream it to any of my devices wherever I am. So I have access to my library at all times. I also have most of my music uploaded to Google Play for the same purpose. You can upload 50,000 songs to your Google Play account for free, so your music library can be available where you have a connection to the Internet.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Other
    JimmyV said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Thanks!
    JimmyV said:

Reasonable price?
    Prime is I think $99 for the year. Maybe a little more. But it includes a ton of different stuff. Streaming music, streaming video including some really good original/exclusive programming, free two-day shipping on all Amazon orders, to name a few. Worth checking out if you do a lot of business with Amazon.
    There's ways to get it cheaper though. They've got Amazon mom and Amazon student. I pay $50/year for Amazon student and it came with a six month free trial. The only thing you need is a .edu email.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435