R.I.P. LEMMY

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
edited December 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
Found out 3 days ago he had an aggressive cancer according to reports.
Was 70 yrs old
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/29/lemmy-lead-singer-of-motorhead-dies-at-70-after-battle-with-cancer?CMP=fb_gu
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• "We want to be so loud that if we moved in nextdoor to you your lawn would die." -Lemmy

You'll have to kill our lawns from the otherside now Lemmy. :rock_on:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    How does anyone process that?

Three days, wish he'd had longer.

R.I.P. Lemmy.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    hedonist said:

Actually only 2. Diagnosed on the 26th.

Somehow though , it fits for him. No time to get all freaked out etc. Time enough for one last bottle or two maybe make a few calls.

Dude lived on his terms.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I thought the same, mickeyrat. I hope he did not have to suffer long before either. His birthday was on the 24th, I think, too. He was a cool guy.
    Download the WTF app. Maron sat down with him a couple months ago. Pretty good interview with a bit of history of rock and roll lesson to boot.

• I saw a docu about him, LEMMY, a couple of months ago, too. It was pretty good.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    mickeyrat said:

hedonist said:

Actually only 2. Diagnosed on the 26th.

Somehow though , it fits for him. No time to get all freaked out etc. Time enough for one last bottle or two maybe make a few calls.

Dude lived on his terms.

Lemmy was a true rock star
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • lemmy is drinking jack with coke in hell right now..they are in trouble up there
    he will fuck upthe place...\]rocknroll can never die..same Lemmy!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I always wanted PJ to cover one of Motörheads tunes.

RIP
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764

I always wanted PJ to cover one of Motörheads tunes.

RIP

Stone did Ace of Spades. Although I don't know why it was titles Aces of spaces
    I miss igotid88
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Motorhead on The Young Ones... :rock_on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOAz4nPNvLI
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    omg...The Young Ones!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    That one's sweet, Dimi.
    Lemmy tribute on ozzys boneyard ch. 38 sirius/xm. All kinds of folks calling in including rock stars.

• That answers my question of why my local music retailer were playing Motorhead yesterday. I found out later yesterday.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    Heard about this yesterday (posted in Other Music). Besides the better known Motorhead, Lemmy did great work previous to that with the mighty Hawkwind. Check out "Space Ritual Vol 1" and "Doremi Fasol Latido". Magnificent. Lemmy rocked the planet.

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.