**Binaural and Yield Full Covers Done!** Which album is next?

2»

Comments

• VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    I can't help you with chords, but after 20 plus years in broadcasting I can help you with the guitar cable! "Over / under cable coiling" creates a memory in the cable that will prevent knotting. If you're interested let me know. No more kicking knotted cabling out of the way!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    When I was your age my favorite album to jam along to was Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell. So many big chugging riffs and you can pretty much go into your own solo all over the place and it works. An awesome backing rhythm album for guitar blazing.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    edited January 2016

Only watched brain of j so far.. I actually think most of pj songs would sound weak with one guitar, they all play simple parts, but together they create a wall of sound..
    Brain of j, stone plays standard tuning, mike is open d.. you seem to be in drop d, am i right? Plus, that chords you play in the chorus are way off.. that line is played by jeff on bass (studio version is so thick it may appear like power chords, but It's just the bass).. both stone and mike are playing a C chord (both in a different way)..
    This is just a heads up, good to see fresh blood enjoying pj music..

I learned most of the songs by ear, and the thing with brain of j is that for me at least it is really difficult to differentiate the chords during to chorus, due to the heavy gain and more prominent bass and lead.

Thanks for the critique, that is very valuable to me at a young age in my playing.

And thank you all for the kind words! I really had a great time doing this

Edit: Volare you are the real MVP!

Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • I remember jamming to this record in my dorm room at MU back in 98'
    Love your work!
    www.cluthelee.com

I remember jamming to this record in my dorm room at MU back in 98'
    Love your work!

thanks so much!

How are you playing Given To Fly? Sounds good but looks different to the normal tabs I've seen

it's basically the same, minus a few small things. It was just much more comfortable of a position for me when I first learned it awhile ago (that was one that I knew before the project started)
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,927
    Yield
    Sounds great dude. Very impressed with your playing and courage.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743
    Riot Act
    Wow! That you learned all of those songs and pulled it off so well- I don't know what to say! I've been playing since 1967 and have never gotten close to that kind of accomplishment. Nicely done!! I voted for "Riot Act" because it has some great guitar parts and is one of my PJ favorites. I can picture you doing "Save You" would be particularly cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

Wow! That you learned all of those songs and pulled it off so well- I don't know what to say! I've been playing since 1967 and have never gotten close to that kind of accomplishment. Nicely done!! I voted for "Riot Act" because it has some great guitar parts and is one of my PJ favorites. I can picture you doing "Save You" would be particularly cool!

cheers man I have actually recorded Save You for a video in the past if you want to check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc99Q5CRY5Q
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743
    Riot Act
    ehbacon said:

brianlux said:

cheers man I have actually recorded Save You for a video in the past if you want to check it out!
    Nicely done
    ehbacon said:

brianlux said:

Nicely done ehb! You nailed that odd little step in that riff right around 0:34. It all sounds great. Nice tone too! :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Great job!!!
    As a Yield lover, it was cool to listed and watch you play the album. Well done man!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    edited March 2016
    just a heads up, I have 6 songs of 13 down from Binaural. On spring break, watch out for another vid :sunglasses:
    first successful run through of the full Binaural took place today, it's happening!
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam Posts: 1,102
    Vs.
    ehbacon said:

first successful run through of the full Binaural took place today, it's happening!

Awesome! Can't wait to hear it, bud!
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Riot Act
    another top effort, well done. this is awesome.