Options

Who is loving Spotify?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited December 2015
    I suppose this must just be an Apple users vs everyone else thing (and I don't know enough Apple users?? But I really have heard bad reviews of it. Don't know why - I've never even looked at it myself). I personally will never use Apple if I can help it. I know Apple people are faithful so obviously Apple's got something good going on, but I don't like being so restricted by having to use only Apple products and apps for everything. Thank goodness there is Spotify as well!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    I am a pretty heavy Apple user and I hated Apple Music when I did the free trial. Spotify is a million times better. Apple Music looks just like the iTunes store. It's layout is clunky and the organization is just not there. It is hard to find things. Spotify groups everything just right for me and I never have problems when searching for something.
  • Options
    I've become a fan of iTunes Match. Just cancelled Spotify for it.

I love that it's MY library! All my Neil young albums, random indie bands, PJ live boots etc...

I usually buy vinyl that includes digital copies. So any new albums or boots I get, I throw it in my library, and it's immediately on my phone when needed. And it's only $25 a year.
    here for the music...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, I love Spotify for surfing around and finding new music, but I'm certainly not going to rely on it as a music library. It could disappear anytime and then I'd be left with nothing! I will be sticking with good old Windows Media Player when it comes to my library. As you said, it's MY library. It's one of my most treasured possessions, so I'm not about to hand it over to Spotify. Still, I'm considering paying for it just for finding music in the first place so that I know what to put in my own library.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Artists definitely do not like it. Very low income from plays.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    PJ_Soul said:

I suppose this must just be an Apple users vs everyone else thing (and I don't know enough Apple users?? But I really have heard bad reviews of it. Don't know why - I've never even looked at it myself). I personally will never use Apple if I can help it. I know Apple people are faithful so obviously Apple's got something good going on, but I don't like being so restricted by having to use only Apple products and apps for everything. Thank goodness there is Spotify as well!

My Apple products have Spotify too.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Yeah I have no loyalty to Apple, like I said... I used Spotify for a longgg time and recently switched. I think I downloaded Spotify in late 2010 or early 2011.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Anyone else disappointed that Anthology isn't included in the new Beatles catalog?

LIB Naked, Live At BBC, Love and their mono recordings aren't there but the Anthology is the most disappointing omission.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What I now find awesome about spotify premium is the "Mixed tape" that it makes for you every week. I guess they base it on what you've been choosing to listen to, and then compile a list of 30 or so songs/artists weekly that it thinks you might like but haven't listened to before. The choices are mostly pretty awesome! I am discovering a LOT of artists because of the mixed tape, which I love.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Still shitty connection issues on the phone app version. Side by side comparison. Went for a 30 minute run with Apple Music streaming and had no drops. Spotify last night? 3-4 including one that lasted like 5 minutes.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Still shitty connection issues on the phone app version. Side by side comparison. Went for a 30 minute run with Apple Music streaming and had no drops. Spotify last night? 3-4 including one that lasted like 5 minutes.

Odd. I've never had a drop. Not once. You're using an iphone? Maybe it's an issue with Spotify on iphones. Wouldn't be surprised. I've always found apple to cause difficulties when it comes to compatibility with non-apple stuff. It's why I wrote off Apple.