Options

Vinyl- HBO

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Things sure are falling apart for Richie. It's not the best show on TV, but I am still really enjoying it. This era is the best.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Olivia Wilde full frontal! :grin:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214

Olivia Wilde full frontal! :grin:

Woot!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Things sure are falling apart for Richie. It's not the best show on TV, but I am still really enjoying it. This era is the best.

I agree 100%
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236
    I want a Nathan Hot Dog

That Bowie guy looked the part... It looked like Jimmy Fallon to me at first

Richie is an animal.... Fuckin Coke Dick
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

I want a Nathan Hot Dog

That Bowie guy looked the part... It looked like Jimmy Fallon to me at first

Richie is an animal.... Fuckin Coke Dick

Oh man, that was crazy how much that guy actually looked like Bowie.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    Should I get back into this show? I fell asleep halfway through episode 2 and haven't felt compelled to go back to it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Should I get back into this show? I fell asleep halfway through episode 2 and haven't felt compelled to go back to it.

It isn't the best show on TV, but I still think it's pretty entertaining. That era in the 70s is the best. And Olivia Wilde nude scenes don't hurt either.
  • Options

It isn't the best show on TV, but I still think it's pretty entertaining. That era in the 70s is the best. And Olivia Wilde nude scenes don't hurt either.
    Good song choices for some scenes as well with Crystal Ship by The Doors being my favorite.
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    I'm still digging it… Been on a T.V. break these past few weeks so I finally binge watched some shows I like yesterday and today to catch up on (Shameless, Vinyl).. I like Vinyl, cool show.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    Attaway77 said:

I'm still digging it… Been on a T.V. break these past few weeks so I finally binge watched some shows I like yesterday and today to catch up on (Shameless, Vinyl).. I like Vinyl, cool show.

and "Blacksails" too…. Like that show...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Olivia Wilde was on Seth Meyers the other day...she was talking about how everybody wears fake wigs 'down there' and she felt the need to tell everybody it wasn't her 'natural state'.

I am finding the show to be a bit jumpy and I'm having a hard time keeping with the story line.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Olivia Wilde was on Seth Meyers the other day...she was talking about how everybody wears fake wigs 'down there' and she felt the need to tell everybody it wasn't her 'natural state'.

I am finding the show to be a bit jumpy and I'm having a hard time keeping with the story line.

Wigs for Down there...

Hahahahahahhahha
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2016

RKCNDY said:

Wigs for Down there...

Hahahahahahhahha
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

As in ball!
  • Options
    The scene from last week's episode with Lester Grims showing the Bits what to do on guitar was fucking awesome. I wish they would focus more on the actual music on this show. Still enjoying it though...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,645
    Yeah, I like this show quite a bit. I've seen maybe the first 6 episodes or so. I'm surprised there are people disappointed with it actually.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anytime they show Richie doing coke, it makes me want to do coke.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I have never done coke.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

:lol: It's definitely a helluva drug.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

Same here. But I can't say that I haven't felt compelled to go back. I just started episode 2 last night.

So that building collapse did happen? Richie wasn't just hallucinating or something? I don't know what to think of that.

And which one is Olivia Wilde?
  • Options
    JTH said:

Same here. But I can't say that I haven't felt compelled to go back. I just started episode 2 last night.

So that building collapse did happen? Richie wasn't just hallucinating or something? I don't know what to think of that.

The wife of Canavale.
  • Options
    Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471

Bump
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • Options
    JTH said:

IRL the building really did crumble, but not while people were in there, it fell after the concert.

...and this is Olivia

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    love the show...awesopme ending of season!
  • Options
    Not a bad season. Not the greatest season. HBO already fired the showrunner and are bringing in someone new for season 2....probably not a good sign for the long term for this show but I'll definitely check out season 2.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    edited April 2016
    Olivia Wilde is definitely attractive. I checked her IMDB profile and I think the only thing I've ever seen her in before this is Portlandia.

So anyway now I'm 7 episodes in. I watched two episodes today trying to recover from my Lexington hangover.

Episode 6? Richie and Ernst's Excellent Adventure - damn! I'm not gonna lie. I got a little choked up when Richie pulled up at Coney Island at the end. Most likely, the hangover was a major factor there.
    Post edited by JTH on
  • Options
    JTH said:

Olivia Wilde is definitely attractive. I checked her IMDB profile and I think the only thing I've ever seen her in before this is Portlandia.

So anyway now I'm 7 episodes in. I watched two episodes today trying to recover from my Lexington hangover.

Episode 6? Richie and Ernst's Excellent Adventure - damn! I'm not gonna lie. I got a little choked up when Richie pulled up at Coney Island at the end. Most likely, the hangover was a major factor there.

I first remember seeing her as Alexandra on The OC and she was blonde then.
  • Options
    Well I guess there won't be a season 2. HBO really fucked up this show...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/vinyl-cancel-hbo-bobby-cannavale-season-2-scrapped-1201801263/
  • Options

Well I guess there won't be a season 2. HBO really fucked up this show...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/vinyl-cancel-hbo-bobby-cannavale-season-2-scrapped-1201801263/

that sucks
  • Options

JTH said:

I first remember seeing her as Alexandra on The OC and she was blonde then.
    I first saw her in House, and she was good in that.