the crowd is great at san diego 2006

SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
i just finished listening to the 2006 san diego boot and i gotta say that the energy from the band really went into the crowd and vice versa. its such a great show- i wish all band/ fan interactions were like this.

what other shows have such a high level of enthusiasm like this?
severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I felt like Boston 1 did as well...

I was at both shows... absolutely unforgettable.
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    San Diego had a great crowd. People were so into the show and the band was really liking all the excitement. Even Stone was dancing around like crazy.

I like the Boston crowds.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I thought Cincy was a great crowd. Am I allowed to say that?
  • I thought Cincy was a great crowd. Am I allowed to say that?

Cincy was a great crowd. I was at that show and the crowd was just loud! San Diego was great but the crowd was not as loud as in Cincy.

However, the band and especially Eddie were really into San Diego. You could tell the band.. espcially Ed really wanted to be there!! Ed was a maniac being all over the place.. climbing things.. going on rambles.. dissin' the crowd the night before and the future crowd .. lol Only Eddie!! But the setlist for this show was AMAZING. Opening with Oceans? Are you kidding me, awesome. We got Brian of J... BIG WAVE for the first time!! I must say that Ed's story before Long Road was beautiful... seriously, being there and hearing that was just touching!

San Diego was an awesome show!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    I went to all of the 2nd leg shows from Denver on and San Diego is the #1 stand out for me. I also reccommend the SF 1 and SF 3 shows. Stone said he thought SF 3 was one of the best they've ever done. It's not every night that Ed goes surfing on Mike's smashed guitar like he did at SF3.
  • I felt like Boston 1 did as well...

I was at both shows... absolutely unforgettable.

Couldn't agree more - Boston 1 was the best crowd I've ever been a part of.
  • NHiding wrote:
    I went to all of the 2nd leg shows from Denver on and San Diego is the #1 stand out for me. I also reccommend the SF 1 and SF 3 shows. Stone said he thought SF 3 was one of the best they've ever done. It's not every night that Ed goes surfing on Mike's smashed guitar like he did at SF3.

I went to all the shows on the 2nd leg except Denver and I must say the SF shows were by far my favorite! SF 3 is was stellar!! Definitely the best of all 3! To think I almost missed it!! WOW, thank goodness I didn't! AMAZING SHOW!!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    i was at cincy and san diego............cincy had a great crowd but san diego blew them away by far.....it was so loud it was awsome
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam