Options

*** Bogotá, Colombia Fanviews Here 11/25/15 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited April 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam: Parque Simón Bolivar, Bogotá Colombia
Nov. 25 2015. Show Set List

Opening Bands: The Hall Effect, Spoon.

Walk On Music-
Band Onstage 08:32
Band Offstage 11:12
Hard Curfew at 11:30

(During changeover while Pearl Jam’s monitor engineer, Karrie Keyes, is ringing out the vocal mics the Colombian audience cheers every time she speaks.)
Set List
01. Pendulum
02. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
03. Mind Your Manners
04. Do The Evolution
05. Animal
(Ed addresses the audience in Spanish, He greats Bogotá. He says something else and stops to note in English, “they don’t know what I am saying.” He continues anyway. I think it has something to do with being here for the first time.)
06. Low Light
07. Corduroy
(Ed in Spanish. Something about stars and the next song)
08. I Am Mine
09. Ghost
(After “Ghost” Ed says, “that was for the Greek, with our apologies.” This refers Dimitris. A very active Pearl Jam fan club and forum member who attends countless shows and is from Greece. (He probably has counted them). Dimitris had requested Ghost be played in Brazil.)
10. Wishlist
(Ed thanks the opening bands ‘The Hall Effect’ and ‘Spoon’. He notes that the band Spoon is from Texas and spoon translates to cuchara in Spanish. While Ed doesn’t mention it research indicates that cuchara is also a vulgar slang term. Ed says the next song is called Cuchara.)
11. Even Flow
(Ed sees a lot of women in the front rows and says he knows that means that it is a safe space. He praises the strong women and strong men looking out for each other. He also notes that the stage has been bouncing a lot and that there is nothing connecting the stage to where the audience is except the ground itself so the audience is moving the earth.)
12. Daughter/WMA (Ed sings “protect my mom, protect my daughter, protect my seed, protect my sister, they protect themselves”.)
13. Deep
14. Jeremy
15. A Sort Of Homecoming-(U2). {first verse and chorus only. Ed only vocal and electric guitar. played as an intro to MFC much like “Untitled”)
16. MFC
17. Life Wasted
18. Given To Fly
19. Rearviewmirror
Encore Break 1
(Ed tells the audience they look great and notes that the ‘muy guapo’ guy down front knows he is muy guapo. He then speaks in Spanish indicating that it isn’t too cold to continue playing.)
20. Around The Bend
21. Footsteps (after the harmonica solo Ed tosses the instrument to a women in the front row)
“That song right there, amongst so many good songs on the first record…Stone Gossard right there.”)
22. Mother-(Waters)
23. State Of Love And Trust
24. Unthought Known
(In Spanish Ed talks about what is being done to help eliminate violence against women. November 25th is International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.)
25. Better Man (crowd sings the opening verse)
26. Porch (Boom and Ed both wear orange t-shirts advocating the end of violence against women in Colombia. They say “por una colombia libre de violencia contra las mujeres”
The shirts are part of the #orangetheworld 16 days of activism against gender based violence)

Encore Break 2
(now the entire band are wearing orange t-shirts that read “por una colombia libre de violencia contra las mujeres”)
27. Black (Ed sings both esta bien and it’s okay)
28. Alive
29. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
(Ed asks about playing one more song. He thanks the audience for the Colombian flags noting that didn’t have any before)
30. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.
Post edited by Kat on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 673
    I was hoping Dimi got his request! Good set!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited November 2015
    Glad bogota got a grest first show..
    Is amazing see the band for the first time in your country..i know the feeling
    Glad to see Ghost played,even i wasnt lucky to be there cos my last show was Rio de Janeiro
    Thanks the band and eddie for mention me..means alot
    I hope ill be lucky next time
    Thank you Sea!!!
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Fantastic! Thank you to Ed and the band for advocating in support of women. And I'm glad Dimitris got "Ghost"!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    edited November 2015
    I'm glad I made the trip now that made it back to the hotel safe. Great set for a first time in a new country. The crowd was full of energy and truly appreciated every second. Ed sounded awesome for Mother. Mike looked like he had a few orgasms on stage. Around The Bend for me to complete No Code was a pleasant surprise. I want my trophy!!! I have less shows the Demi and got Ghost for a fourth time tonight... but then it did take me 20 something shows to get Release soooo maybe next time Dimi :).

Top 3
    Deep
    Around the Bend
    Footsteps
    Post edited by Mike's Side on
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    PJ be trolling, funny stuff
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 768
    Lets start "play Ghost in Amsterdam" thread
  • Options
    13 show, great mood, tks to all the colombians and the peruvians team

Around the bend, mfc, ghost first time

Rvm and betterman highlights for me
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Wonderful.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    Bogota - you win.

I have seen lots of shows and many of the recent classics (Berlin, Milan, Charlottesville, Rio) but last night just topped them all.
    I have never heard the sound so good - really really loud and crystal clear, never noticed how good the lights were, and the setlist was a great combination of classics and some rarities.

Mike was just crazy, (clearly a little message to Ed after Ed smashed the SG in Rio - I smash the gear as he put the head of the Strat through the Marshall amps/speakers), all his solos were out of this world. Mike's night.

Bogota, this may have been your first show but I bet it is not your last.
    The band brought their "A" game and it was thrilling to be there.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    pulling69 said:

PJ be trolling, funny stuff

Playing Wishlist after too...
    Thats some bitter sweet shit right there!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Thanks, a lot of thanks to PJ. Great show, one of the best in my life. And I am really happy for hear "I am mine" because I was begging for a month for that song.
  • Options
    Many thanks Milan for your comment, I´m from Bogota and it was an amazing experience for me, makes me think that I was not wrong about my local impressions.

All of you are welcome to Colombia and keep in touch.

Best,

Michel Casas Cuestas
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gX4RxPfnyA

did Ed get younger 10 years over night? lol
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    milan said:

Bogota - you win.

Wow sounds just amazing!!!

I have seen lots of shows and many of the recent classics (Berlin, Milan, Charlottesville, Rio) but last night just topped them all.
    I have never heard the sound so good - really really loud and crystal clear, never noticed how good the lights were, and the setlist was a great combination of classics and some rarities.

Mike was just crazy, (clearly a little message to Ed after Ed smashed the SG in Rio - I smash the gear as he put the head of the Strat through the Marshall amps/speakers), all his solos were out of this world. Mike's night.

Bogota, this may have been your first show but I bet it is not your last.
    The band brought their "A" game and it was thrilling to be there.

rustedsigns
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    These shows must be so amazing. Wish I was there....
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    another nice setlist..
  • Options
    AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 139
    Not sure what song it was after, maybe Animal or Corduroy; Ed said that the stage was bouncing. He said that the only thing connecting "you" ( meaning the crowd ) to us is the earth, which meant that the crowd was moving the earth. Awesome crowd.
  • Options
    Great setlist, great people, thank you Colombia
    Thanks Eddie
    From Mexico.
  • Options
    CarolCVillaCarolCVilla Bogotá, Colombia Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    It was my very first concert of PJ (hopefully not the last), I waited so long just to see them and it was definitely the greatest experience I've ever had in my life...full of wonderful moments, the band totally connected with us in a perfect full moon night, great setlist, wonderful words from Ed, full energy, what else can I say? Just a Magical and perfect night, Thank you Pearl Jam Bogota loves you...!!!

http://musicshotslive.com/pearl-jam-en-colombia/
    Post edited by CarolCVilla on
  • Options
    gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82
    I posted this on Porch forum too:

Wife and I spent the week in Bogota and Cartagena. Don't know if anybody else spotted this in Bogota, but I thought I'd share it. Cool because Bogota has such a huge graffiti culture. In fact, we did the Graffiti Tour on Thursday, and if you're ever in Bogota, I HIGHLY recommend it. Oh yeah, get yourself a game of Tejo if you get a chance, too.

Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • Options
    gnaztee said:

Wife and I spent the week in Bogota and Cartagena. Don't know if anybody else spotted this in Bogota, but I thought I'd share it. Cool because Bogota has such a huge graffiti culture. In fact, we did the Graffiti Tour on Thursday, and if you're ever in Bogota, I HIGHLY recommend it. Oh yeah, get yourself a game of Tejo if you get a chance, too.

I SEE THIS REALLY NICE, GRAFFITI ALL THE CITY
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    gnaztee said:

that's an amazing shot! was there but not in that area
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    jcJamjcJam Bogota, Colombia Posts: 103
    thanks all for the great fanviews and the band for a wonderful night!!!
    my first show at home and my personal PJ20, I was on the rail between Jeff and Ed for this magical night:
    - epic Mike solos (E-flow was the best i ever see, with mike jumping into the crowd)
    - all the band was with full energy
    - the earth actually moves, when all the people was jumping
    - a sort of homecoming

Hope to see the band and all the friends again in my city
    2005: Buenos Aires 2 • 2011: Lima • 2012: Atlanta • 2013: LA x2 • 2014: Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School x2 • 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival), Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, Sau Paulo, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio, Bogota, Mexico • 2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly x2 • NYC 2 • Fenway x2 • Wrigley x2 • 2018: Rio, Sau Paulo, Seattle x2, Missoula • 2021: Ohana x3 • 2022: San Diego, LA x2, Phoenix, Oakland x2, Fresno, Sacramento, Vegas, Vienna, PragueAmsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2 • 2023: Indi, Fort Worth x2, Austin x2
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Happy i got as gift the setlist of tew show pj played Ghost for me even i wasnt there
    Thank YOU
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532

Happy i got as gift the setlist of tew show pj played Ghost for me even i wasnt there
    Thank YOU

Very cool!
  • Options

Thank YOU

Very cool!
    Yep!!good friends!!