Options

*** Belo Horizonte, Brazil Fanviews Here 11/20/15 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited April 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam: Estádio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte. Brazil. November 20, 2015
Show Set List

Walk On Music-None
Band Onstage 08:53
Band Offstage 11:50

{A day of hard rain and thunder and lighting. At one point in the afternoon before doors it seemed like the stage had been struck by lightning. When the doors opened the rain was pouring down. Most in the audience were wearing rain gear or plastic bags.}
Set List
01. Rain-(Lennon, McCartney)
02. Sometimes
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Go
05. Mind Your Manners
06. Once (Ed throws his mic into the audience and they sing the outro)
(Ed addresses the audience in Portuguese.)
07. Got Some
08. Rearviewmirror (rare appearance of RVM early in the first set and played as short version without an extended jam section)
09. Pilate
10. Even Flow
(Ed talks to the audience in Portuguese. He talks about the Bento Rodrigues dam disaster that resulted in at least 9 deaths, many missing and the evacuation of 600 people. The dam failure also caused devastating pollution in the river.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bento_Rodrigues_dam_disaster
http://tinyurl.com/phrhrgo
11. Infallible
12. Given To Fly
13. I’m Open (“This guitar was made by one of your countrymen right here in Brazil. It is one of my favorite things. Obrigado Sergio.” Sergio made Ed a very custom guitar and gave it to him in Brasilia.)
14. I Am Mine
(This next song is about someone I don’t believe in. It is about Satan. And even though I don’t believe in him I would tell Satan to fuck off. In the song he is trying to get me to suck….No, I am good Satan. Some band ended up sucking it but they weren’t from Seattle)
15. Satan’s Bed
(Ed addresses the band in Portuguese. He seems to be talking about his great friends in the band and introduces them)
16. Deep
17. Jeremy
18. Why Go

Encore Break 1
(…we want to keep playing for you if that is okay. This song is about a girl. This song is by Jeff)
19. Bee Girl
20. Sleeping By Myself
(Ed speaks in Portuguese. He ends by saying in English, “we will send some pictures to them.”)
21. Imagine-(Lennon)
22. Sirens-(sing along outro) {while singing the outro Ed says, “I am just thinking about the people affected by the dam accident…” After the song Ed notes that their hasn’t been a fund set up to help the families hurt by the disaster and are planning on donating money from this show in the name of the fans at the show. “We hope we can help out and do something practical))
23. Do The Evolution
24. Want You So Hard (Bad Boy News)-(Hughes, Homme) {This is a cover of an Eagles Of Death Metal song. The band was playing a show in Paris at Le Bataclan when it was attacked by terrorists on November 13. 89 people were killed at that venue alone including the bands local merch manager Nick Alexander.}
25. Corduroy
(Ed struggles a bit with his Portuguese but he lets us know that they are going to be doing Stone’s song.)
26. Mankind
27. Porch

Encore Break 2

28. Eruption-Van Halen
29. Garden (Ed says, “Happy Anniversary” during the intro of ‘Garden’)
(“over here I saw someone with child on their shoulders…and when you see something like that you know that people are taking care of each other…”)
30. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters) {the audiences does the “ ahh” shriek during the line “okay just a little pin prick there’ll be no more (ahh)…”.
31. Lightning Bolt
32. Black
33. Sonic Reducer-(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
34. Alive
35. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young)
36. Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing-(Hendrix)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.
Post edited by Kat on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,909
    Bravo Bravo! What a band! What a show! Looking forward to hearing the fan views. Because on paper that's an instant classic.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    man alive.
    looks like an amazing show.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    another odd elapsed time, 36 songs but not 3 hours. Makes me curious if Eddie is cutting down his in between jabber or something.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Very, Very Happy to see RVM played early in the set and as the short version again. Hope they do this with Porch from time to time as well. Great set list.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    ehbacon said:

another odd elapsed time, 36 songs but not 3 hours. Makes me curious if Eddie is cutting down his in between jabber or something.

they didn't do the extended jam on RVM
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    what a spectacular tribute and decision to cover an EODM song.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    Wow..what a nignt..raining all day..went to stadium 2 hours befkre show time,..and was fully wet
    And when eddie stsrt singing rain...the rzin stops!!was magical..just oike that the rain stoped
    Show was excelent..the setlist was away didferent i see in the past from the band..with songs played in encores or main set dont usually played..
    Crowd was better ar previous brasilian shows
    I believe black solo once again was amazing..with mike kiling it
    The solo at Comfortably numbwas 2 times better than the previous time played
    I think mike at encore 2 was on fire and gave us unique moments...
    This was my 44 show and ill say ine thing i realise
    The song i really enjoy like crazy live and i get out of my fuckin head is DEEP
    This song drives me nuts in every fuckin way..i scream like lunitic..i dont know..i fuckin love it
    And after all those raining shows here in brazil....i want to fuckin rain to all the shows im going!!haha
    Ok.....the best moment ..that will always remember tonight and for the rest of my life
    I was in front of soundbooth..when eddie start singing porch......
    A Blind guy who i didnt notice..start jumping and singing and screaking and laughing...wtf in this world....and next to him his guide try to hold him..and he didnt care he couldnt see..and he was rockin out
    And at the ylb we made a circle..and we put him with us...and all clapping and smiling and he was singing,,and then all of us start to hug him and kiss him and thank him.
    He didnt know what the fuck was happening and so many people he couldnt see tell him thank u and speak in english to him.....and his guide was wispering at his ear..no worries.they love u and want to show it to u
    And all had tears in their eyes..tears of joy..
    Thank you my brazilian friend for the lesson of life..the lesson to live every moment like is the last one..
    Thank u Belo Horizonte........thank you Beautiful horizon......if their is one city will stay in my heart for ever from brazil,,,is this one...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited November 2015
    Not sure about anyone else, but Pearl Jam covering Eagles Of Death Metal tonight is an amazing thing to do :-)
    Post edited by zarocat on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    EODM Cover was amazing moment..and really good song
    And thanks Sea
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774

Not sure about anyone else, but Pearl Jam covering Eagles Of Death Metal tonight through comprehension, is for me, the most impressive action to date,

It's definitely an honorable cover, but confused about your "action" comment.
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Wow..what a set.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Fantastic. Gets me pumped for a possible US tour! Bring it on!!! Lucky dogs, all of you who were there :smiley:
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Come back to the US. Please.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Wow. Wish I could have been there!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Surely they could have thrown in Release and Oceans to complete Ten, right? ;)
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

ehbacon said:

they didn't do the extended jam on RVM
    Also, I'm Open & Eruption ae only a minute long each. But I reckon you're right. I doubt Ed's talking as much given the language barrier.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    And the breaks between sets have been very short...
    Stephen J. Kolinski
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Excellent!!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    RXAVIERRXAVIER Belo Horizonte Brazil Posts: 3
    Amazing show, for me the best one I've ever been, mainly by the fact that people were respecting each other and even on the first rows was quite easy to enjoy show, even children were there.

All the others shows I've attended I had struggled to come closer to the stage, but here in BH was easy.

Thanks Pearl Jam!!!!
    12/02/05 - São Paulo
    11/06/11 - Rio de Janeiro
    03/31/13 - São Paulo (Lollapalooza)
    11/17/15 - Brasília
    11/20/15 - Belo Horizonte
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Wow 9 songs from Ten. Thats amazing
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    from what I saw on periscope a heck of a lot of people showed up to see pj rock out!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited November 2015
    I wasn't there (unfortunately), so I don't know.. but on paper this is their BEST setlist to date.. fuckin great.. they played appropriate covers that happen to be amazing songs.. and a bunch of their originals that I simply love (and not just because they're rare).. plus garden and deep in the same set, I think last time it happened it was at least 20 years ago.. there's just nothing in this world comparable to this band.

*and I respect Eddie for being always attentive about all the shit that happen in this world.. after all he could just shut up and play his rock show..
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Wow, these SA sets have so much variety...really really love it and hope they keep this up. These guys always raise the bar. I mean rarities from left field all mixed in so nicely.

I don't think I've ever purchased a whole tour before but I think I have no choice with these shows.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options

Wow 9 songs from Ten. Thats amazing

I was counting on them..thought they gonna play release at last encore!!lol
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714

I wasn't there (unfortunately), so I don't know.. but on paper this is their BEST setlist to date.. fuckin great.. they played appropriate covers that happen to be amazing songs.. and a bunch of their originals that I simply love (and not just because they're rare).. plus garden and deep in the same set, I think last time it happened it was at least 20 years ago.. there's just nothing in this world comparable to this band.

*and I respect Eddie for being always attentive about all the shit that happen in this world.. after all he could just shut up and play his rock show..

Toronto 2 2011. Deep and Garden played back to back
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    Ok, I will say it! Bee Girl.........
    I focking love that song!!!!!!
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    nicknyr15 said:

Toronto 2 2011. Deep and Garden played back to back
    oh, you're right, I even watched the DVD of that show a couple times, totally forgot about it!
    Still, one hell of a show this is.
  • Options
    I FELT IN LOVE WITH BELO...ALL WAS PERFECT............

A
    L
    L
  • Options
    JimmynixJamsJimmynixJams Posts: 5
    edited December 2015
    This was my 1st visit to Brazil and a little intimidating because I don't speak Portuguese. I arrived in Belo Horizonte from Medellin Colombia the day before the show. Because of the rain I decided to leave about 5:30pm from the hotel and it was a miserable bumper to bumper 90 minute ride to the stadium with only one Jack and coke to keep me going. Although I have been a fan for many years I have never seen the band other than Eddie live. I stepped out of the cab and bought a rain poncho and made my way through the streets filled with Brazilian Pearl Jam fans. No cool bars to pop into and get out of the rain were available so I walked the street and managed to find a local vendor cooking some chicken on the grill so I grabbed some quick grub and then wandered around trying to sell my extra ticket. I was nervous selling the ticket not knowing what to expect and finally ending up selling the ticket to a local for about half price. For some reason probably because I was by myself I was a little nervous in the crowd and the weather prevented me from relaxing fully. I finally decided to enter the stadium and once inside discovered i was 3/4 of the way back just off the field. I've been going to concerts since I was 14 and this seat was just not acceptable for my 1st Pearl Jam show. I walked outside the stadium and around the perimeter until I found an elevator. I hit the button and went to the 1st floor. When the doors opened I saw nothing but security so I gave them the lost gringo face and quickly pushed the 2nd floor button. When the doors opened again I was on the Corporate Suite floor which was sparsely filled so I walked down the hallway and spilled out into a larger room where there was a DJ, a T shirt booth and a bar serving only Heineken. I tried to pay for the beer but the Brazilian server explained it was free.......well ok now we're makin' progress. Started to ogle some of the lovely Brasilian women in the VIP section but most of them were taken so it was just me the Heineken and lot's of good music to come. I made several trips to the Heineken stand before the band came out and started to loosen up a little. I sat on the edge of my seat and looked up at the rain still gently falling into the stadium although at this point I was not exposed. I felt very lucky to be an American in a large city about to experience some maximum rock n roll.......did I mention it was Friday night! When the band came out the crowd went ape shit and I had no idea what to expect. When I heard the first few chords of the opening song and recognized that it was Rain by the Beatles I literally floated out of my skin for a minute. Are you fucking kidding me????????????? You guys are so cool to take a classic song by the Beatles and open with it on a rain soaked night???? Absolutely blew my mind. I don't remember such a spontaneous joyous concert moment since the Who played "Born on the Bayou" for an encore at Alpine Valley I think in 1989. I'll never forget that. My anxiety instantly disappeared with the conclusion of Rain and I sat back and enjoyed the rest of your excellent show, I must admit I took full advantage of the free Heineken all night and sang my honkey white ass off with the rest of the crowd that was totally into the show. Fuckin' A Pearl Jam Fuckin' A................YOU ROCK!
    Post edited by JimmynixJams on
  • Options

This was my 1st visit to Brazil and a little intimidating because I don't speak Portuguese. I arrived in Belo Horizonte from Medellin Colombia the day before the show. Because of the rain I decided to leave about 5:30pm from the hotel and it was a miserable bumper to bumper 90 minute ride to the stadium with only one Jack and coke to keep me going. Although I have been a fan for many years I have never seen the band other than Eddie live. I stepped out of the cab and bought a rain poncho and made my way through the streets filled with Brazilian Pearl Jam fans. No cool bars to pop into and get out of the rain were available so I walked the street and managed to find a local vendor cooking some chicken on the grill so I grabbed some quick grub and then wandered around trying to sell my extra ticket. I was nervous selling the ticket not knowing what to expect and finally ending up selling the ticket to a local for about half price. For some reason probably because I was by myself I was a little nervous in the crowd and the weather prevented me from relaxing fully. I finally decided to enter the stadium and once inside discovered i was 3/4 of the way back just off the field. I've been going to concerts since I was 14 and this seat was just not acceptable for my 1st Pearl Jam show. I walked outside the stadium and around the perimeter until I found an elevator. I hit the button and went to the 1st floor. When the doors opened I saw nothing but security so I gave them the lost gringo face and quickly pushed the 2nd floor button. When the doors opened again I was on the Corporate Suite floor which was sparsely filled so I walked down the hallway and spilled out into a larger room where there was a DJ, a T shirt booth and a bar serving only Heineken. I tried to pay for the beer but the Brazilian server explained it was free.......well ok now we're makin' progress. Started to ogle some of the lovely Brasilian women in the VIP section but most of them were taken so it was just me the Heineken and lot's of good music to come. I made several trips to the Heineken stand before the band came out and started to loosen up a little. I sat on the edge of my seat and looked up at the rain still gently falling into the stadium although at this point I was not exposed. I felt very lucky to be an American in a large city about to experience some maximum rock n roll.......did I mention it was Friday night! When the band came out the crowd went ape shit and I had no idea what to expect. When I heard the first few chords of the opening song and recognized that it was Rain by the Beatles I literally floated out of my skin for a minute. Are you fucking kidding me????????????? You guys are so cool to take a classic song by the Beatles and open with it on a rain soaked night???? Absolutely blew my mind. I don't remember such a spontaneous joyous concert moment since the Who played "Born on the Bayou" for an encore at Alpine Valley I think in 1989. I'll never forget that. My anxiety instantly disappeared with the conclusion of Rain and I sat back and enjoyed the rest of your excellent show, I must admit I took full advantage of the free Heineken all night and sang my honkey white ass off with the rest of the crowd that was totally into the show. Fuckin' A Pearl Jam Fuckin' A................YOU ROCK!

That was great review
    I drikkin love belo horizonte!!