Options

RIP Forest Hills

2»

Comments

• Options
    mca47 said:

Gonna take them back to the shirt store today and see if I can get some money back! You should have seen the guy who works there when I explained to him a) Why I needed 5 boxes of PJ-Forrest Hills Movement teeshirts and b) What PJ-Forrest Hills Movement was all about. Turns out he's a big PJ fan. We got to talking some shows we've been to...
    Anyways he hadn't heard of the movement...and he said he didn't think in a million years they'd play this show and just because the Foo Fighters did it, didn't mean PJ would. I bet him $20 they would. Ugh!
    I can just see the look on his face when I back my car up to the shop with all those boxes...and the look when I fork over the $20! :angry:
    This whole thing has been a disaster!

You can't be serious.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885

mfc2006 said:

It was a fun idea it seems. Did they face backlash from the psychos in the community or were they part of it too?

Yeah, I don't think you remember that the organizer came on here & got really defensive when asked legitimate questions. It got ugly in a hurry & he ended up having all his threads shut down as a result.

yeah...it got a little...messy.
    Yes he was defensive but he was also attacked pretty immediately.
    Mainly because he refused to answer some very logical questions...? ;)
    That could have been it :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    rival. said:

oh no.

and the mets choked in the world series. tough few months for the forest hills crew, eh?

Least the Mets made it. How the cubs do this year? Oh and speaking of chokes, Steve Bartman game ring a bell? The cubs are the kings of choking.

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,906

rival. said:

oh no.

and the mets choked in the world series. tough few months for the forest hills crew, eh?

Least the Mets made it. How the cubs do this year? Oh and speaking of chokes, Steve Bartman game ring a bell? The cubs are the kings of choking.

Just some food for thought:
    Next year mets fans will be celebrating the thirty year anniversary of the last time they won the World Series.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Zod said:

MayDay10 said:

I expected there to be a fan-movement show request, but I always imagined it as more of a vast nation-wide community effort and a destination venue such as Red Rocks or Gorge.

This always just felt like a couple fans rushing it out there to be first, not thinking it through or managing it well, and trying to hold a show in their 'backyard'/special place... meanwhile turning off potential backers and probably band management with kind of a crappy public attitude.

I think the Foo Fighters accepting and doing one made it look easier than it was. I'm guessing the Foo Fighters did it because it made great publicity (I'd be interested to know how many Foo Fighters kickstarters have failed since that we never heard about).

When a band tours, they're focus is on the tour. Everything get's taken care. Some company takes care of renting the venue, handling security, making sure the arena is staffed, ticketing etc.... The band knows exactly how much they are getting paid, has their road crew who comes in and sets everything up, then they come in and play the show.

It turned out pretty bad in '95 when PJ tried to do all of this on their own. By avoiding TM, they had to find their own venues and do everything from the ground up. From what we know this exhausted them and that tour imploded when Eddie got sick.

I guess if you booked a big enough venue, got enough ticket revenue to pay the band (500k?), and had enough left that you could organize the venue (pay the venue, pay it's staff, and pay for security), and you organized it all. Basically you did it like any other promoter, IE here's 500k, come play, we've taken care of the rest. Then maybe you'd have a shot? Assuming you can talk the band into doing a one off show (where usually it's more efficient to play a string of dates).

I still blame the Foo Fighters. FF probably took a massive paycut to play the Virginia show, so it was probably more of a promotional thing. I was actually curious if this ignited other campaigns, and apparently someone crowdfunded one for Birmingham, but it failed, because Foo Fighters management wouldn't response...lol...
    Definitely agree the ff did it for publicity. They love publicity. Imo a lot of what ff do is publicity
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

rival. said:

oh no.

From NJ, Yankee fan living in Chicago. So yeah...

But kudos for bringing up Bartman, an incident that happened 12 years ago. I'm sure if I were a Cubs fan, an incident that happened that long ago would still make my blood boil /sarcasim
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    This crowd fund is like the pink slime from Ghostbusters 2 that makes everyone angry and fight
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

rival. said:

oh no.

Wow you're not bitter about the world series at all are you?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    MayDay10 said:

This crowd fund is like the pink slime from Ghostbusters 2 that makes everyone angry and fight

:lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Now would be a good time to start this again. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    Does this mean I can no longer put in for a box of trading cards?
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

GB2 is solid.
  • Options
    I would recommend maybe some corporate sponsors, maybe a charity, with a side of Bradley Cooper and Taylor Swift.
  • Options
    Well this is disappointing. The best I can do is get the washed up SNL cast members....

• Options
    Still needs to be a benefit show. That'll do it.
  • Options
    Fine. Obama will be my +1.
  • Options
    Now this thread is fucked.
  • Options
    Are guests not allowed? That's fine, he can listen in outside.