Options

Prague Monday Nights

michaelrpcvmichaelrpcv Posts: 15
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
For those of you who will be in Prague...having spent much time in that amazing city during my years as a Peace Corps volunteer in neighboring Slovakia, I've got a great recommendation for those of you like live blues. There's a great pub called U Maleho Glena, which is located in the Mala Strana neighborhood. It's the area directly across Charles Bridge from Old Town (Stare Mesto). Every Monday night, there's an amazing blues band called Stan The Man Bohemian Blues Band that plays in the small "underground" room of the pub, beginning around 9:30. Because Stan usually packs them in (and rightly so), I'd get there by 9:00, just to mark your territory. It usually costs about 150 Czech korun; and they usually play about 3, 45min. sets, with about 20min. between sets. It's a real intimate feel there, and Stan will definitely get your soul moving with his amazing guitar licks and deep voice. And it all goes great with a Czech pivo!!
Need more info? Check it out online; should be easy to find. But if I was lucky enough to be in Prague to see Pearl Jam next week (unfortunately in Ohio now), I would surely make a point to see Stan as well... And, if those of you going would like other Prague recommendations (for anything), please let me know. I'm always open to discussing that wonderful place...
Can't wait to get the Prague boot. Should be a good one. All the best to you... Na zdravie,
Michael