Options

Santa Barbara

sbheadsbhead Posts: 22
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Wow!!!!!!

Just got home. My wife and I rode our bikes to the show, home town Goleta, YO! Oh My God! I drank a bit more tonight that Santa Cruz, but the Arlington being my home joint, I was having fun. I got home from work about 4:00, had a couple of cocktails in the back yard then hit the road on the bike. My wife and I had dinner out front of the Arlington at Opal, yum! By the time we got inside I didn't have a care in the world to find our seats. We danced in the back isle of the balcony the entire time. No words can explain how this show has effected us both! We can't comprehend what just happened. We saw him in Santa Cruz and I after seeing he played Masters and Soon Forget in Berks, I was almost hell bent on hearing Throw Your Arms Around Me. Me wife absolutely melts every time I play it from Imagine In Cornice, and out it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Riding home Theresa said she only wished she could have calmed down enough to really enjoy it. Unbelievable, that was worth living this life right there. Huge props to everyone that was dancing back there on the balcony back isle with us. I'm not even going to attempt a set list, but can anybody say No More, Ben Harper style??? Oh yeah!!!! I'll leave it at that and let everyone else of a clearer mind have at it. And a big hello to the couple in 201 at the Santa Barbara Hotel, sorry we didn't head down after the show. I do have to be at work at 7:00.

Oh yeah, from where I was it seemed like a great crowd. Very little yelling between songs and I'm guessing the best sing-a-long No More yet.

Peace,
Mike
6/1/03 Shoreline, 7/13/06 Santa Barbara, 7/16/06 Bill Graham Civic
8/28/09 Outsidelands Festival, 9/30/09 Gibson Amp, 10/1/09 Gibson Amp
10/6/09 Gibson Amp, 10/7/09 Gibson Amp
EV:
4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
7/9/11 Santa Barbara
4/10/08 Arlington Theater, Santa Barbara
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sbheadsbhead Posts: 22
    Oh, yeah. Eddie was not very talkative tonight. He really only stopped once to talk about how his younger brother had gone to UCSB and he made a funny quip about IV, locals and UCSB students will know.
    6/1/03 Shoreline, 7/13/06 Santa Barbara, 7/16/06 Bill Graham Civic
    8/28/09 Outsidelands Festival, 9/30/09 Gibson Amp, 10/1/09 Gibson Amp
    10/6/09 Gibson Amp, 10/7/09 Gibson Amp
    EV:
    4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
    7/9/11 Santa Barbara
    4/10/08 Arlington Theater, Santa Barbara
  • Options
    What an amazing night - Eddie in my hometown, doesn't get much better than that. During the show, I was telling my husband "soak it in" just trying to absorb every moment. The entire show was perfect, I feel SO lucky to have been there!

I too went to Opal and sat outside with my husband - you guys were probably right behind me - great food!
  • Options
    I'm from Texas and I flew in to see Eddie Vedder in Santa Barbara with a friend of mine. We had 10C tickets and sat on row J, left section. Seats were great. We barely made it to the show due to air travel delays, but we were so glad to get there about 20 minutes till 8:00 pm! This was my third time in Santa Barbara. I was at the 2006 show at the SB County Bowl and another trip I was here just for fun, no concert!

I agree with the sentiments expressed here. It was a spectacular show. The Arlington is such a beautiful venue and has wonderful acoustics. Ed's climbing down the rope from the side was great. I wasn't too into Liam Finn until he came out and started playing with Vedder. The opening act was just a little "different" for me, but not at all bad! I liked the part when Vedder asked the audience how many were Santa Barbara locals. When the hands went up and cheers when out, he said he didn't know if anyone of them were aware but not everywhere is this beautiful. I'll agree that Santa Barbara is about the most beautiful place in America. Mountains meeting sea...who'd have thought that would be beautiful? I particularly enjoyed Vedder's interaction with the audience and the talking between the songs. It was a level of intimacy you just wouldn't get at a big bad Pearl Jam show. It was really touching and moving.

All-in-all, it was a great show.

I don't know of a place other than Gorge that is as wonderful to have a Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder show than Santa Barbara. It's a great place to unwind and spend a few days if you're not used to being in such beautiful surroundings! The SB locals are just awesome and the shows are so small and intimate, no matter which venue they have a show at.
    bryan. houston, tx
    favorites:
    gorge 9/1/05, 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    santa barbara 10/28/03, 7/16/06, 4/10/08 (vedder)
    monterrey, nl 12/7/05
    new orleans 8/14/2000 & 4/3/03
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    I'm from Texas and I flew in to see Eddie Vedder in Santa Barbara with a friend of mine. We had 10C tickets and sat on row J, left section. Seats were great. We barely made it to the show due to air travel delays, but we were so glad to get there about 20 minutes till 8:00 pm! This was my third time in Santa Barbara. I was at the 2006 show at the SB County Bowl and another trip I was here just for fun, no concert!

I agree with the sentiments expressed here. It was a spectacular show. The Arlington is such a beautiful venue and has wonderful acoustics. Ed's climbing down the rope from the side was great. I wasn't too into Liam Finn until he came out and started playing with Vedder. The opening act was just a little "different" for me, but not at all bad! I liked the part when Vedder asked the audience how many were Santa Barbara locals. When the hands went up and cheers when out, he said he didn't know if anyone of them were aware but not everywhere is this beautiful. I'll agree that Santa Barbara is about the most beautiful place in America. Mountains meeting sea...who'd have thought that would be beautiful? I particularly enjoyed Vedder's interaction with the audience and the talking between the songs. It was a level of intimacy you just wouldn't get at a big bad Pearl Jam show. It was really touching and moving.

All-in-all, it was a great show.

I don't know of a place other than Gorge that is as wonderful to have a Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder show than Santa Barbara. It's a great place to unwind and spend a few days if you're not used to being in such beautiful surroundings! The SB locals are just awesome and the shows are so small and intimate, no matter which venue they have a show at.

true that.
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    You guys should have waited after the show ........Ed was signing autographs