And the poor kids get rained on!!

What the hell am I going to do with all this damn candy?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    It rains and the kids don't go out?

:lol: wussies...we went out no matter the weather.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

Oh, I am sure they will be out.
    But I always feel bad when their little costumes have to covered by rain jackets.
    3:30 and not one kid has shown up yet.
  • When do they trick or treat there? On the west coast it starts when it gets dark.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • When do they trick or treat there? On the west coast it starts when it gets dark.

Same here.
    Though I thought being a weekend they may start a little early.
    We usually get tons of kids here.
  • Family comes to the door.
    I throw candy in all their little bags..
    Kid looks up at me and says...
    "I smell pizza!"

Nope kid, that's stuffed chicken breasts with spinach and mozzarella.
    Hahahaha

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    I remember trick-or-treating in MN during a blizzard. I took a lap around our cul-de-sac and my neighbors gave me bags of candy because no one else was showing up....most candy I've ever gotten. On top of that schools were closed for a week afterwards.

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

Fuckin a, RK. Neither rain nor hail nor....

oh wait =)

Speedy, you could pelt them with candy through a foot-length of open door.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,179
    Yeah panicked this morning went out to store for candy bought 36$ worth a few kids have come by but I'm sure I'll have plenty of candy left over ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I hope none of the kids were looking for Butterfingers. ..

I ate that bag Wednesday.
    Haha
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Raining and shitty here in mich too. Boo bummer. I am home with the 2 little ones while the hubs and oldest go out. I took the 2 little ones yesterday.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Oh oh!

Now I am getting 5-10 kids at a time!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    I remember years ago, after normal T/ T hours, a knock on the door, was a friend of mine with his kids. They didn't smell pizza, all you could smell was weed. I was mortified, trying to keep the kiddies on the porch. :).
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    It was suppose to rain here morning and afternoon. Nothing until about half hour before it got dark. Just late enough to mess it up for the kids
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    FoxyRedLa said:

Raining and shitty here in mich too. Boo bummer. I am home with the 2 little ones while the hubs and oldest go out. I took the 2 little ones yesterday.

People trick or treat the day before Halloween?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I don't remember the last time the weather was nice for trick or treating :(
    PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

People trick or treat the day before Halloween?
    No not really - maybe a little - I took them to my work, good turn out this year. Not many places of employment do that for their employees kids anymore.

My 2 youngest are 20 months and three weeks lol - no way I'm taking them in the wind and rain.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    edited November 2015
    A beautiful Fall evening, thankfully the rain held off. Lots of lovely little princesses, Ewoks, pirates, Minnie Mouses and Dorothys. All toting overflowing bags of goodies and the biggest smiles.

Oh the magic of being a kid on Halloween. It doesn't get much better.
    Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.

A beautiful fall evening, thankfully the rain held off. Lots of lovely little princesses, Ewoks, pirates, Minnie Mouses and Dorothys. All toting overflowing bags of goodies and the biggest smiles.

Oh the magic of being a kid on Halloween. It doesn't get much better.

Don't it make me :)
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    We did not have any little kids at our place, but did have a bunch of middle schoolers. That's fine, they were all in costume.

I was at the grocery store today, which is in a small mall. They had afternoon trick or treating so I got to see dozens of little fairies, ladybugs, and, yes, Minnie and Mickey Mouses (Mice?). Nice to see them, even if they didn't come door to door :frowning:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I stopped buying candy a few years ago. The kids only go to stores now as far as I can tell.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    likewise for me too..
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    The Halloween tradition is also celebrated over here nowdays :) it's really fun for the kids!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    same over here for me as well....
  • I separated the peanut butter cups from the rest of the stuff- the last to go.

The general idea was if there was to be leftover candy... it would be awesome left over candy. THAT... is the work of a genius, friends. Best move I've made in a long time.

I'm lying on my couch watching the Chiefs and Lions... peanut butter cup wrappers everywhere.

Lions suck, man. Terrible.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Well-done, Thirty! I hope they're the full-sized kind (the "fun-sized" ones just don't taste the same).
  • hedonist said:

Well-done, Thirty! I hope they're the full-sized kind (the "fun-sized" ones just don't taste the same).

Nope.

They're the little crappers.

All the bars were. You gotta toss in 3 to the little ghouls or it ends up being a wasted trip up our driveway. I considered trimming it back to 2 as the night progressed- trying to maintain a foothold on the peanut butter cups. Fortunately, they started to trickle in and eventually cease.
    "My brain's a good brain!"