Options

Encore! 2006. The Best of the 2nd sets and after.

HazzaHazza Posts: 17
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Whats the deal? Try and nail down the best 2nd/3rd sets (Or Encores, if you will) for a handy cd listen.

Other objectives? What was the best Alive? Best Betterman? And best Led Better. People don't dig these songs as much, but when they get them to cook infront of a great crowd, they sure do cook.

My suggestions:

Save You - Vitoria. We didn't get THAT many Save Yous this year (Not suprising as they played it every show at the Riot Act tour, or so it seemed), but to me, this one cooked.

Last Kiss - Adelaide 1. The song about the car crash, the crowd got into it, atleast more than Gorge (or so it seems on the recording.)

Don't Gimme No Lip - Adelaide 1. Okay bias here, but "Let stone sing" comes to fruition.

Leash, and Baba O'Riley -> Dirty Frank - Gorge. I havn't head the other Leash recording, maybe that's a better one? But the whole Baba O'Riley -> Dirty Frank song speach ("Incredibly shitty songs like this one) -> Dirty Frank kills me each time.

Allright, now for everyone else's 2c.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    For encores Dublin was pretty special....
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    1st encore: E. Rutherford 1
    (reprise-man of the hour-comeback-footsteps-once-alive)

2nd encore: E. Rutherford 2
    (reprise-life wasted-lukin-leash-don't gimme no lip-why go-leaving here-alive-yellow ledbetter)

yeah, there's an extra 'reprise' and an extra 'alive',
    but really - wow.
    loved it.
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Options
    msuthymsuthy Posts: 18
    UKDave wrote:
    For encores Dublin was pretty special....
    Agreed Dublin was great and 'The Boys Are Back In Town' was so much fun.
  • Options
    msuthy wrote:
    Agreed Dublin was great and 'The Boys Are Back In Town' was so much fun.

encore 1: Indifference, Black, Crazy Mary, Alive
    encore 2: Boys Are Back In Town, Leash, Fuckin Up

maybe not as long as some of the other encores but feel the quality of that little lot.... ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    UKDave wrote:
    encore 1: Indifference, Black, Crazy Mary, Alive
    encore 2: Boys Are Back In Town, Leash, Fuckin Up

maybe not as long as some of the other encores but feel the quality of that little lot.... ;):D

Yup! But now just imagine Porch, Comotose and Ledbetter were in there. These were on the original set list apparently. They were just cut short by the morons who run The Point.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Yup! But now just imagine Porch, Comotose and Ledbetter were in there. These were on the original set list apparently. They were just cut short by the morons who run The Point.

:eek: oh fuck....... :(
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Prague enc 1: dead man, man of the hour, nothingman, leatherman, betterman, alive.

First of all just to hear nothingman, was enough. Then it´s a fun thing to hear all 5 man songs. and strong finsih with Alive, wich made me go crazy
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:
    Prague enc 1: dead man, man of the hour, nothingman, leatherman, betterman, alive.

First of all just to hear nothingman, was enough. Then it´s a fun thing to hear all 5 man songs. and strong finsih with Alive, wich made me go crazy

Hmm... may have to check this boot out... :rolleyes: :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    first encore: Thumbing My Way, Masters Of War, Footsteps, Crown of Thorns, Alone, Even Flow.

Game, Set, Match, Newcastle.

It's not just the songs. It's also what was said. Ed's little spiel before Crown of Thorns is just absolutely the best icing on top of this very fine cake.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    first encore: Thumbing My Way, Masters Of War, Footsteps, Crown of Thorns, Alone, Even Flow.

It's not just the songs. It's also what was said. Ed's little spiel before Crown of Thorns is just absolutely the best icing on top of this very fine cake.

:rolleyes: yeah the man got a point, especially as the first 3 of those are on my wishlist for wembley... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    boston 2

encore 1 Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Parachutes, Black, Alive

Encore 2 Why Go, Life Wasted, Smile, Indifference, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:

Oh, the memories. I was there too, this was such a perfect 1st. encore!!!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    UKDave wrote:
    :rolleyes: yeah the man got a point, especially as the first 3 of those are on my wishlist for wembley... :o
    Thumbing My Way was sweet, but with each successive song, it's like they were trying to see if they can get our jaws to drop any lower than it did in the preceding song.

And they did.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Thumbing My Way was sweet, but with each successive song, it's like they were trying to see if they can get our jaws to drop any lower than it did in the preceding song.

And they did.

I've got the boot, it is one of my favourites just never enough time to listen to them all :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Hinny wrote:

Don't forget the MONSTER full band little wing tag on ledbetter which is just so cool.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    Grand Rapids 1st encore.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    San Diego

Encore 1: Long Road, Come Back, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Crazy Mary, Crown Of Thorns, Alive

Grand Rapids

Encore 1: Sleight Of Hand, Off He Goes, Around The Bend, Parting Ways, Hard To Imagine, Crazy Mary, Alive
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Hey I like these ones ´cause they are pretty unique:

Adelaide I
    Last Kiss, Don't Gimme No Lip, Sad, Last Exit, Jeremy, Baba O'Riley

Grand Rapids
    Sleight Of Hand, Off He Goes, Around The Bend, Parting Ways, Hard To Imagine, Crazy Mary, Alive
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.