Options

I should go a little easier on the 10 club....

2»

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I look at it this way. If on any given day, 10c does something that annoys me (no one's perfect ;)), my life must be pretty darn good if that's my biggest gripe that day. So, I just let it go.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Zod said:

TL170678 said:

Seems like Metallica has a lot of Members...All the people at the shows on the stage are fan club members right? They can tour basically every arena in America and have 3/4ths to full attendance. Not many can do that still w/o co-headliing and shit.

I'm not sure if they do. I've never had any problems getting Metallica tickets. It's always been supereasy and reading the forums it seems most fans don't have issues with getting tickets. The fact that the 10c has issues with having enough tickets, makes me think the 10c is bigger than the metclub. Either that or Metallica fans don't travel as often so there's less competition for the tickets. Metallica doesn't really mix up the setlists that much so I don't know if they have the multishow devotion amongst their fans that PJ does.
    metallica also tour the world every few years, every city in every state/province/territory. there's much less a demand for tickets than PJ.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    edited October 2015
    PJINFLA said:

It looks like the metclub will be offering long time "Legacy" members first crack at ticket sales
    before they are available to the new membership as well as making a portion of the
    meet and greet passes only available to Legacy members. What a novel concept!
    Do you hear that Pearl Jam! Long time members get advance opportunities to purchase tickets, as it should be!!!

I wouldn't want to see people 15 years+ in the ten club (which includes me) keep getting all the tickets, when people that that have been in the club 14, 10, or 5 years never get any. I think Fan Club attrition slowed to a trickle when they announced seniority seating, so it's pretty hard to gain seniority.

On the flip side U2's system doesn't seem so bad. It's pretty basic. No seniority based seating, but for online sales. If you've been in the club a few years (or one year I can't remember) you get first dibs. If you signed up in the last year (or couple of years) you get 2nd crack. If you signed up after they made the announcement you get last crack at tickets.

It doesn't separate people out who have been in the fan club from the beginning from those that have only been in a few years which I like. It does separate out people who just signed up, or signed up for tickets only.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Suziemay said:

I look at it this way. If on any given day, 10c does something that annoys me (no one's perfect ;)), my life must be pretty darn good if that's my biggest gripe that day. So, I just let it go.

Bingo!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Watch the end of Diary of A Wimpy Kid. Someday it won't matter.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    edited October 2015
    PJINFLA said:

It looks like the metclub will be offering long time "Legacy" members first crack at ticket sales
    before they are available to the new membership as well as making a portion of the
    Do you hear that Pearl Jam! Long time members get advance opportunities to purchase tickets, as it should be!!!

I think that's terrible. If 10C did that I'd be so pissed off. Probably enough to drop my membership.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul said:

PJINFLA said:

I think that's terrible. If 10C did that I'd be so pissed off. Probably enough to drop my membership.
    Me too.

The only thing I find curious about 10C is their novel approach to shipping, but that's not really a big deal.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I just ordered the 2014 "Imagine" Christmas single for $10 with free shipping and it got here in 3 days so can't complain about that.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJINFLA said:

Awesome idea! I also want a 45k gold record & to be in charge of all tour rumors.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,665
    edited November 2015

Awesome idea! I also want a 45k gold record & to be in charge of all tour rumors.

That sounds suspiciously like sarcasm.
  • Options
    Boozed up saracasm! Yeah!!!! I love this place so much better when I'm drunkedz
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    this club is still great. the people that run it have been great whenever i have had to talk to them.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    It is a great club and I appreciate the effort put into it. I'm not so much into the commercial aspects of it anymore but that's ok, that's an option.

And here we are. That's very cool. And so many good souls here. Hard to beat that!

I'm glad to be along for the ride.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.