Options

Funny Memes

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

With all due respect to the grammy winners in the picture, how is it even possible for some of them to have that many when their careers have hardly spanned more then ten years?---that would give anyone a big head.

Time has slipped away from you

Jay-Z - 19 years since his debut
    Beyonce - 17 years since Destiny's Child debut/ 12 years since her solo debut
    Kanye - 15 years since his production debut /11 years since his artist debut

However, you're right that having that many Grammy's is pretty ridiculous. But, i think it's more the recording academy's fault than the artist since it basically devalues the merit of the award.
    And when you win all the awards from any given year (best pop album, best album, best single, best r and b album, best album by duo or group....you get the idea), its pretty easy to stack that many up. The grammys are such a farce.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    arg.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    After 4 pages, this threat still doesn't have Chuck Norris in it?! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Longueuil said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

With all due respect to the grammy winners in the picture, how is it even possible for some of them to have that many when their careers have hardly spanned more then ten years?---that would give anyone a big head.

However, you're right that having that many Grammy's is pretty ridiculous. But, i think it's more the recording academy's fault than the artist since it basically devalues the merit of the award.
    And when you win all the awards from any given year (best pop album, best album, best single, best r and b album, best album by duo or group....you get the idea), its pretty easy to stack that many up. The grammys are such a farce.

This does make a lot more sense of how many in what seems a short time. Thank you 2 for explaining it more for me. It just seems like there are some older artists who have been around for decades who still don't have that many grammies, yet have more classics and beloved hits on mainstream radio then Jay Z and Kanye---that's why I was so suprised to see those numbers. For me it was more like a respect your elders sort of thing. Beyonce, in my eyes, deserves every single one of those grammies. Go on girl!
  • Options

Longueuil said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    :lol:

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited November 2015
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options

This does make a lot more sense of how many in what seems a short time. Thank you 2 for explaining it more for me. It just seems like there are some older artists who have been around for decades who still don't have that many grammies, yet have more classics and beloved hits on mainstream radio then Jay Z and Kanye---that's why I was so suprised to see those numbers. For me it was more like a respect your elders sort of thing. Beyonce, in my eyes, deserves every single one of those grammies. Go on girl!
    Okay so I don't want to kill the vibe of all your funny memes here, but I have to make amends. I am sure Jay Z and Kanye deserve every bit of their grammies also. I guess my surprise just lies in how many grammies an artist can have after only a few or so awards shows--like Taylor Swift for example. It really does add up and can be a bit much. So Congrats to Jay Z and Kanye and Taylor! You've all earned your awards.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

Okay so I don't want to kill the vibe of all your funny memes here, but I have to make amends. I am sure Jay Z and Kanye deserve every bit of their grammies also. I guess my surprise just lies in how many grammies an artist can have after only a few or so awards shows--like Taylor Swift for example. It really does add up and can be a bit much. So Congrats to Jay Z and Kanye and Taylor! You've all earned your awards.

I'm also a little surprised but I don't know much about their music. Beyoncé and Taylor is great though.
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited November 2015
    Annafalk said:

I'm also a little surprised but I don't know much about their music. Beyoncé and Taylor is great though.
    Thank you, Annafalk. :) I agree, Beyonce and Taylor are great. Girls have it so much harder in that industry. They have to dance in heels and look like a model and sound amazing every night. I have a lot of respect for that.

Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Hobbes said:

I love you, Hobbes. :heart:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Hobbes said:

Ian and Henry 4ever!

:plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited November 2015
  • Options
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    ^^^^ Excellent :plus_one:
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    rollings said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is FANTASTIC!!!

I laughed my ass off!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7