Lunch Meats and Cheese: thick or thin?

Does anyone really like lunch meat and cheeses cut thick? why do deli's have this setting? it's disgusting. I don't get it. Now granted I only get cheese, ham, and turkey mostly but I can't stand it when they cut it thick. Who likes these cut thick? and I shouldn't have to ask to have it cut thin...it should be the norm! ah wtf...rant over.

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Thin:

Roast beef
    Turkey
    Ham

Thick:

Bologna
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • I don't mind thick cheese....I'll eat cheese in pretty much any form. But the thick slices of lunch meat are no bueno.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'm with Empty (though I rarely eat Bologna and even then, just Oscar Meyer).

Now cheese! On a sandwich, always thin-sliced AND with the proper ratio to meats, bread, condiments.

Goddammit I'm hungry now.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Thin. And not too much on there either.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    When I was in high school/college, I worked at a grocery store. I would cover the deli for the ladies when they took lunch. I would always end up with the woman who needed pickle pimento loaf sliced a certain way and only three slices. I found that old people were the ones really finicky about the cut. I don't know that anyone else cared.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Thin you savages! No self respecting person eats thick cheese slices…Except Indifference71, lol.
    deadendp said:

When I was in high school/college, I worked at a grocery store. I would cover the deli for the ladies when they took lunch. I would always end up with the woman who needed pickle pimento loaf sliced a certain way and only three slices. I found that old people were the ones really finicky about the cut. I don't know that anyone else cared.

We need Rob to answer then
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Does empty like his thin roast beef spilling out of the bun?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Thin you savages! No self respecting person eats thick cheese slices…Except Indifference71, lol.

I don't prefer the thick, I just love cheese so much that I'll take it any form!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I prefer both cut thin as well...my hubby likes his cheese cut thick though, and I'm just like EW!!! I made him buy me a new cheese slicer so I could have thin cheese because I can't cut ti thin with a knife, it's impossible....lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited October 2015
    I like it paper thin (and just use more slices). I spent a lot of money on a particularly good cheese slicer just to make sure I could get it thin enough, and I make a special request for super thin meat at the deli. I don't know why, but it tastes better that way. I think Kramer's theory on this one was probably correct, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am an expert at cutting the cheese...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I typically don't eat lunchmeat, if I get a sammich it's usually veggie or a BLAT-i LOVE extra thick cut bacon. On the rare occasion that I do get a sammich, extra thin sliced meat and more cheese than meat...like 3 slices of meat and 6 slices of cheese. if they are slicing the cheese, I want it thick cut.
    Cut that sammich on the diagonal too.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    rick1zoo2 said:

What about hiding the salami?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I love chicken or roast beef with avocado and thick Camembert cheese mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 said:

who's the new guy? ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    RKCNDY said:

I typically don't eat lunchmeat, if I get a sammich it's usually veggie or a BLAT-i LOVE extra thick cut bacon. On the rare occasion that I do get a sammich, extra thin sliced meat and more cheese than meat...like 3 slices of meat and 6 slices of cheese. if they are slicing the cheese, I want it thick cut.
    Cut that sammich on the diagonal too.

Oh, yeah. That's the one exception. I only get thick cut bacon. It's so much better!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    dankind said:

rick1zoo2 said:

What about hiding the salami?
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2015
    Why the hell are you people calling cold cuts "lunch meat"? Lunch meat... That just sounds wrong. And gross. What are you, Sims?!

And thin. Always thin. I hate when they layer the cheese wrong so you lift the slices up and they break apart in pieces! I prefer thin bologna. Liverwurst is better slightly thicker but not too thick.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435