what ruined your day and mine

...went to open a box of honey smacks and there weren't any...

Comments

• missing degenerates
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    no ferrero in the fridge that naughty bad fridgedere
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    My AFC Chargers are losing and my NFC Rams suck.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Working the whole day and stuffing my face because tomorrow poop-and-vom-geddon could hit me like it did with my poor husband yesterday.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

Working the whole day and stuffing my face because tomorrow poop-and-vom-geddon could hit me like it did with my poor husband yesterday.

:frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Clicking over to AMT.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Aw dankind. Most of us are alright (as are you).

Please don't let bared teeth and the random assholes run you off :monkey:

Leeze, hope your fella's doing better.

edited October 2015
    Stomach bugs don't play, Leeze! You should tell your man you love him and go stay with a friend for 48 hours. (Sorry, Cav.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Stop trying to make president Lohan happen. It's never gonna happen!

gawker.com/lindsay-lohans-presidential-campaign-is-off-and-running-1737221033
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    hangover from last night.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901

My AFC Chargers are losing and my NFC Rams suck.

who's your NBA team....if you have one.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Seeing threads closed, WTF?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    dankind said:

Stomach bugs don't play, Leeze! You should tell your man you love him and go stay with a friend for 48 hours. (Sorry, Cav.)

:lol:
    I think the worst is over for him, thankfully. I feel fine still. My hands are getting rough from washing so much. Let's see what the night brings. Another person from his workshop has called in sick...

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    mirco-managing
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    SD48277 said:

mirco-managing

Ugh, that's the WORST.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    opening the larry king thread hasn't helped matters much, i'll tell ya that
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    The most annoying and incompetent person at work snitching on me and others and me with his complex persecution complex today. This punk should have been fired months ago. The job coaches need to stop being soft on him.

I swear, I feel like Frank Grimes in that Simpsons episode.
  • Cubs losing and getting Back to the Future wrong
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

The most annoying and incompetent person at work snitching on me and others and me with his complex persecution complex today. This punk should have been fired months ago. The job coaches need to stop being soft on him.

Oh, Grimey.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I was taking stuff to my car to bring to the office and walking back to my boss's place to get more stuff, my hands were full so I decided to walk over her dog's x-pen. One leg makes it then the buckle on my boot grabbed the top of the fence and brought it with the boot as I'm trying to step over it, the entire x-pen is now an out of control heavy fence that falls into my knee, knocks me over...for some reason I knew it was going to happen, so I didn't even put my hands out to catch myself, I just let myself fall...into the wet grass.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    hedonist said:

Oh, Grimey.
    Except I'm not as gullible as him to do that and aren't a humorless prick like him. It's all about balance at work. Don't be a sourpuss but stay focused at the same time. This aforementioned idiot is incapable of it.
    RKCNDY said:

I was taking stuff to my car to bring to the office and walking back to my boss's place to get more stuff, my hands were full so I decided to walk over her dog's x-pen. One leg makes it then the buckle on my boot grabbed the top of the fence and brought it with the boot as I'm trying to step over it, the entire x-pen is now an out of control heavy fence that falls into my knee, knocks me over...for some reason I knew it was going to happen, so I didn't even put my hands out to catch myself, I just let myself fall...into the wet grass.

Did any surveillance video catch this?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

no, but my boss saw it. now her dog is afraid of me...or maybe the fence.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Hey, at least it didn't happen on the stairs up the Space Needle. :relieved:

Perhaps we all should've been more worried about you that day, though. :worried:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    That made me laugh, dankind (not at your expense though, RK!)
    =)

For some reason, RK's boss reminds me of Lisa's (ha!) overly demanding boss from Six Feet Under, portrayed by the lovely and talented Catherine O'Hara.
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Hey, at least it didn't happen on the stairs up the Space Needle. :relieved:

Perhaps we all should've been more worried about you that day, though. :worried:
    I didn't drop anything that I was holding! other than that, it was an alright day.
    hedonist said:

That made me laugh, dankind (not at your expense though, RK!)
    =)

For some reason, RK's boss reminds me of Lisa's (ha!) overly demanding boss from Six Feet Under, portrayed by the lovely and talented Catherine O'Hara.

I haven't seen 6 Feet under...though when I went to the office, I asked the new girl how it was going, and she said the boss was being 'micro-managey'...I did warn her about it...we had some good laughs.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    OK first RK, you know those fences in city parking that open wide and fold back against another part of the fence until they're padlocked at night. One time the fence was shut and I leaned my hand against it but it wasn't locked. That fence was so heavy it dragged me halfway across the parking lot till the only thing I could do was slam my foot toe first to the ground to stop the momentum. Ended up fracturing a bone in my foot but I was more mortified than anything. And it was witnessed by a few coworkers. So embarrassed.

As for today, passed my competency with flying colors, high praise all around, only to return to find email that I missed something very important on something I handled earlier in the month. Talk about a let down. But my supervisor said don't let it get you down, the way it was presented was ambiguous so although it's still an issue, it can explained.

Still, F ME. Hate f'ing things up. Fixed it but still :(

OK first RK, you know those fences in city parking that open wide and fold back against another part of the fence until they're padlocked at night. One time the fence was shut and I leaned my hand against it but it wasn't locked. That fence was so heavy it dragged me halfway across the parking lot till the only thing I could do was slam my foot toe first to the ground to stop the momentum. Ended up fracturing a bone in my foot but I was more mortified than anything. And it was witnessed by a few coworkers. So embarrassed.

As for today, passed my competency with flying colors, high praise all around, only to return to find email that I missed something very important on something I handled earlier in the month. Talk about a let down. But my supervisor said don't let it get you down, the way it was presented was ambiguous so although it's still an issue, it can explained.

Still, F ME. Hate f'ing things up. Fixed it but still :(

P&E, I know what you do for work...I admit, I'm snickering. Because I'm imagining you as being a sassy kinda person (in a good way), and can imagine you cursing the fence...as it drags you along.
    Sorry you broke a bone in your foot, that has to suck.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    Not sassy, I'm a people person, need more of us in the world. People fascinate me. :).

But that fence, probably pulled me 30 feet, the whole time my body was getting closer and closer to being dragged to the ground. I can laugh at myself, its cracking me up now, but I definitely let out a few MFers immediately after.

hedonist said:

Oh, Grimey.
    Except I'm not as gullible as him to do that and aren't a humorless prick like him. It's all about balance at work. Don't be a sourpuss but stay focused at the same time. This aforementioned idiot is incapable of it.
    FYI, this episode is on right now. This and the Cape Fear eps are my favorites!

Agree on the balance, by the way.