Options

*Updated* Joshua - The Love Boat Captain

Comments

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    So happy Joshua got his song and more!! Truly special moment for us all...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

^^^ This. Sorry I missed meeting you and Joshua. Are you going to Wrigley?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    edited April 2016
    god damn I cried like a little baby when this song was played for him. I hope josh is a ok!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 151
    SD48277 said:

^^^ This. Sorry I missed meeting you and Joshua. Are you going to Wrigley?
    My husband and I will be at Wrigley both nights. Joshua will be sitting this one out. I don't think that venue would work out well for him, there's too many variables. Plus Mom and Dad have to get their PJ time in too. (Which involves a few adult beverages) haha

Everything was so crazy this trip and we had to work around Joshua's needs. But, night 1 Wrigley we are taking a limo down early to drink and hang out all day. And we will also be at night 2. Both GA. So I would love to meet up with you, even though Joshua won't be with.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Joshua basically uses his wheelchair to get around. We do have a new walking device to support him, but he's still building strength. So, after two nights of concerts, 12 hour road trip and all the things in between... To see this kid standing, with minimal assistance blows my mind. Pearl Jam is the ONLY thing that can get this kid to do this!!!

https://youtu.be/_yS-ESDkn6U
    Post edited by stina1118 on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    stina1118 said:

Joshua basically uses his wheelchair to get around. We do have a new walking device to support him, but he's still building strength. So, after two nights of concerts, 12 hour road trip and all the things in between... To see this kid standing, with minimal assistance blows my mind. Pearl Jam is the ONLY thing that can get this kid to do this!!!

https://youtu.be/_yS-ESDkn6U

Hands down LOVE that video!!! Fantastic to see you and Joshua, BOTH, rocking out. :rock_on: We will meet up at Wrigley!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    Completely inspiring. Awesome story. Thank you for sharing with us and so glad you were there to see 2 amazing shows. KORITFW Josua :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    @stina1118 - thank you so much for opening up to us strangers. Thank you so much for posting pictures and videos! Those 2 recent ones O.M.G.! I missed the Halloween costume! And the most recent video! Amazing just amazing! And the way Josh looks at you makes me cry, literally tear up and sob just knowing he has you and his dad -

I'm so beyond thrilled and what 2 great shows to be at! I hope you all got some merch and the boots are on the way :smiley:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    @SD48277 Absolutely!
    @FoxyRedLa Thank you! Thank you!! <3 He amazes me. We were very fortunate to have people donate merchandise to us, so we came home with lots of goodies. This experience has been surreal and we are so grateful!

Thank you on2legs and everyone for their well wishes, comments and support. Honestly each comment means the world to us.

We're so proud to be a part of this amazing community of jammers!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's pretty damn cool how the embraces are given and received. Even from so far away.

Enjoy the goodies, tangible and not :)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

It's pretty damn cool how the embraces are given and received. Even from so far away.

Enjoy the goodies, tangible and not :)

When we did our fan portrait... I had to use the lyric the love she receives is the love that is saved... That's exactly how I feel about this whole experience. Although the tangible merch is great, the stuff that isn't is so much better.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    LBC was so powerful it brought me to tears. We said hi to you guys briefly literally immediately after you had your tickets scanned on night 1. My uncle talked to you for a second and gave you a hug.

What an amazing inspiration your child is, every time he was on the big screens the crowd got an extra energy boost.
  • Options
    graves996graves996 Posts: 6
    My wife and I had the opportunity to sit next to you and your family at the victory pub before the concert. (It was my first PJ show ever and we asked about the buttons). Meeting you and learning about the great organization was the highlight of my night. I'm so glad our paths crossed and ill never forget it and meeting you and your son.
  • Options
    @RiotZact I remember, you guys were so sweet. Thank you for your kindness! Joshua had so much fun and still is talking about his special dedication.

@graves996 It was so nice to meet you! I hope you enjoyed your first show. It means a lot to us that we got to be a part of that. Hopefully our paths will cross again one day!
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Love love love this story!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    mcgruff10 said:

god damn I cried like a little baby when this song was played for him. I hope josh is a ok!

Best band ever. Seriously. What a moment.
  • Options
    Thank you!!

If anyone grabbed a photo or video of us on the Jumbrotron, could you send it my way? We'd like to put a video together of our trip!

Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 568
    Amazing!
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Options
    llg224llg224 CT Posts: 21
    Your story is tremendous and I hope the band gets a chance to see it. Stay strong Joshua!!!
    2016.05.02 - New York, NY
    2013.10.25 - Hartford, CT
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    Was so stoked when Ed mentioned you guys and Josh got his LBC request. When I saw you guys on the jumbo screen rockin out it brought a tear( of joy)to my eyes. So glad you had a wonderful time in Philly. Keep on rockin' and God bless you all!
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    I was so touched seeing you guys first in the stands when Ed was mentioning Given to Live and then on the jumbotron night 1 - giving a big "f yeah" because this is what it is all about...
    How cool to be next to the GTL (such a great cause) organizer night 2 in queue entering the show and briefly meet you guys and hear of Joshua's excitement finding out where he was going on the van ride :) Your excitement, love and life was apparent and I am so grateful for the opportunity to meet you. Your unexpected generosity of LBC picks stunned me- what amazing reminders of the humanity at a PJ show and your personal story. Praying for the joys to be plentiful and strength in the challenges- hoping our paths will cross again. xo
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Enjoy the Wrigley shows! See you there!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    stina1118 said:

Thank you!!

If anyone grabbed a photo or video of us on the Jumbrotron, could you send it my way? We'd like to put a video together of our trip!

Thank you so much!!

Jim Powers did. Eddie starts talking about Joshua at the 3:00 min mark, then you guys are on the jumbotron. I don't know how to embed the video, so here is the link.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=L4X_m19Z_MM
  • Options
    Thank you @RunIntoTheRain That's perfect! ❤️
  • Options
    My final blog post about our Philly road trip filled with thank you's and a recap of our experience. Thank you all again for making this family feel so special!
    https://joshuajamsblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/the-love-he-recieves-is-the-love-saved/
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    I watched this live on Periscope. What a moment.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,049
    stina1118 said:

My final blog post about our Philly road trip filled with thank you's and a recap of our experience. Thank you all again for making this family feel so special!
    https://joshuajamsblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/the-love-he-recieves-is-the-love-saved/

well thanks a lot! like i didn't cry enough thurs night and now reading this just opened up my flood gates again!! :)
  • Options
    waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    love love love a million times over!!!!!!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    stina1118 said:

Beautiful read.
  • Options
    Thank you! I had such a hard time articulating all of the positive emotions we felt into words. I'm still so emotional about this whole trip.

Joshua had to go back to school this morning. Talk about an epic meltdown. Poor kiddo!!!!