Options

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium Question

BezoBezo Posts: 1
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Going to the show tomorrow (7/16) :D and wanted to get some advice from anyone who went to the show tonight (7/15). I've never been to the Civic and wanted to know if anyone has advice on getting a good spot?

5-16-06 Chicago, IL
7-9-06 Los Angeles, CA
7-10-06 Los Angeles, CA
7-16-06 San Francisco, CA
________
Bezo

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    1) Get there early
    2) Go straight to the floor (i.e. do detour to the washroom or merch stands)
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Yeah make sure you get there early so you can get in and get a good spot. They made us sit on the floor after picking a spot, if you have friends have them save your sitting spot and the run to the bathroom.

DO NOT show up late and expect to be able to move up in the crowd. Once the show started I didn't see a single person move up at all. Also there was a divider right down the middle of the stage into the crowd. I was right up on that rail the whole night. Very very good time!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I got in line about six o'clock. took a piss when I got in. got a beer before sonic youth. took another piss after sonic youth.

still got a decent spot.

I suppose it all depends on what you mean by decent. if you want to be in stone's crotch, by all means, show up at 10 a.m. otherwise, just get there at a reasonable hour and you'll be able to get relatively close and see fine.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    we got in line at 4pm and were about 3rd row.

was a bit rough on the floor. a number of idiots were moshing and pushing etc. I eventually took my 15 yo and moved back to the side. I agree with the previous post. Once you get close to show time, do not leave your spot, you won't get back
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown