Options

Eddie Vedder's Sings 'All the Way' the Day Ernie Banks Passed Away

This has been posted yesterday (october 7th), and it's new for me, does this video circulated before or is it the first time that can be seen?
Anyway here it is (I already saved a 1920x1080 mp4 file of it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_eN1a_qPc

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    It's new to me too. Thanks!
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Nice !
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited October 2015
    demetrios said:

It's new to me too. Thanks!

No problem :)
    I guess date on this one is january 24th 2015, in some unknown venue (probably Chicago)..
    I don't know nothing about Cubs or baseball, but Tim Sheridan is a well-known name in the Cubs camp, right?
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 98
    Nice vid. It would be a bit cruel if the cubies won it this year
  • Options
    Being at Wrigley that day was a favorite memory for me too. And somehow, I think, Ernie is still watching his Cubbies, and smiling.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Thank you. Our city and fans are in an excited and fragile state right now...full of cautious hope. As a life-long Cubs fan, this song has always moved me to tears. This was a special rendition, so thank you for sharing it.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    Thanks for posting this. <3
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    I'm rooting for the Jay's, but the Sci-Fi fan in me thinks it would be pretty damn cool if the Cubs won this year :)
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Thanks so much for posting this! Does anyone know where this is from? Looks like one of the fundraisers he's done.
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I really wish Ernie was still alive to see this spectacular season the Cubs have had. I'd love to hear what kind words he'd have to say about these kids and the encouragement he would offer them. I hope he is smiling down on them tonight and the rest of October!

Thanks for posting this!!