Come Back

Come back is a song that I always loved, but hit home when one of my best friends took his own life a few years ago. I heard it tonight and I wanted to be upset, but could only smile knowing the comfort the song gave me since he passed. Does anyone else hear that song or another and think of something similar? I don't mean to go to a dark place on anyone, but life can be so fucked up, and listening to that song helps me imagine that friends who have passed or moved away are by your side in all that you do in your every day life. Some people may think it is silly that a song means so much to someone, but at the end of the day everyone has a favorite song by their favorite band that makes them feel something special.

Comments

• I'm with you except it breaks me down. I lost my youngest brother 7 years ago due to an undiagnosed heart defect. It was sudden, he was 22 and five months from becoming a father. I can usually hold it together until I hear the words 'who's to say I wouldn't have lost you another way' or if I make it through that then the guitar solo tears through me. Can't ever turn it off though. Even with the grief it brings me comfort.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Music is the ultimate healer and the ultimate bond. Has been for me.

ND, this heart of mine goes to you, and to scotty (whatta first post - welcome aboard).

Man of the Hour brought me much comfort and many tears after my father died. It's odd, or maybe not, how some songs can take you from heaving with sobs to smiling at memories and time spent together.

And the beauty of notes or voice or words (if we're lucky, we get a trifecta) - no matter the genre, no matter if full band, orchestral, operatic, a capella or just someone singing their fucking heart out - it really does bring comfort.

Release resonates too, as does Tool's 10000 Days.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    It's nice to hear about the song giving you comfort Scottystickman.
    This song to me feels like a very strong and intense song about losing someone.