*** Global Citizen Festival Fanviews Here 9/26/15 ***

Comments

• global citizens was by far the craziest thing ive ever done. we were in the front pen and had a pretty good view of the stage. coldplay opened up the show and they were great, ive definitely gained new respect for them. ariana grande came out and sang just a little bit of your heart and her vocals were incredible. ed sheeran was INCREDIBLE. his vocals were amazing and he really was rocking the guitar. beyonce’s set was insane and kinda nerve wracking bc the whole crowd pushed to the front. michelle obama and malala both gave really good speeches. bill gates, bono, and joe biden also spoke. and last but not least, pearl jam. they were the best. it was my first time seeing pearl jam and my mom took me which was cool. i really wanted to hear do the evolution, so that was good. overall, it was a crazy, tiring, fun experience i will never forget.

you have a cool mom :wink:
    Yes
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Fun show. Waiting in line for hours to just get into the festival was kinda annoying but everything else was cool.

Here's a the show in MP3:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2015/09/global-citizen-festival-92615-tv-rip-mp3.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • First, thanks to the three 10 Club members who made this possible for me . . . one shared a ticket on Friday at the last minute, another opened his hotel room to me at the last minute, and another always has my back in general.
    It was great to hang out and pre-game with one of the most entertaining guys I know for another year!

I went in with the right expectations, so I have no complaints about the festival. I arrived to the very back pen around 4:30 and enjoyed Ed Shereen's set. He's a good songwriter, and I enjoyed his guitar playing. Then I did what I had to do to endure the next three hours. I found a park bench off the beaten path by Cleopatra's Needle and took a rest since I had been up since 4 in the morning on two bad hours of sleep before the trip. I enjoyed Joe Biden's and Malala's speeches. The Maya Angelou dance piece during Beyonce's set was moving.

The most amazing thing happened when Pearl Jam was announced. I had been battling a headache all evening and was feeling bummed that my physical condition was going to interfere with my appreciation of their set. I swear, like magic, as soon as Colbert announced PJ, I lifted off the bench and, boom, headache gone. All the stress I had been carrying in my shoulders dropped and I felt so glad to be there.

As for the set, I felt like the chosen songs matched the theme of the day. Mind Your Manners made me think about the Pope who had just left. Lightning Bolt and all the other so called "girl songs" reinforced the message about gender equality and women's rights we had been hearing all day. I loved Ed's story about writing Unthought Known at a hotel overlooking Central Park. The lyrics now mean something different to me. And I've just got to add to the LB debate that it is one fucking great song. I love dancing to it, singing it, and it's a great tribute to the power of a strong woman.

Finally, the sound tonight was different. Someone already mentioned that Ed and the guitars were turned way up, and the balance was off. There was also a bit of an echo in the back, but what are you going to do when you're projecting a mile back and over a hill (hahaha).

Ed's voice is in great shape right now, and I hope he keeps doing whatever he's doing to protect it. It almost sounds like he's trying to do something different with his tone because it's coming from a deeper place.

Anyway, bravo. Please forgive any typos. I'm on a bumpy bus going home, revived and satisfied.
  • I had hoped for a 75 minute setlist, but knew 60 was a possibility.

All in all, I got what I expected. I knew I was going to have to sit through some music I wouldn't normally see or hear, and tried to make the most of it. I enjoyed seeing Sting, as I've never seen him before, and likely never will again.

I figured Imagine was probable considering both the theme of the song & the location of the show.
    I appreciated hearing it there as I used to spend time in that area 10+ years ago.

Redemption Song was awesome; that song has a special meaning for me, I really enjoyed the duet w/ Beyoncé. While I'm not a fan of her music, she's an incredibly talented performer and I'm glad I saw her set. That's also one of those once in a lifetime events, and I'm happy to have been there for it.

If I had to complain about something, I wish they skipped the extended jam at the end of Daughter. Can't help but feel they could have squeezed in another song if they did, but whatever. It was a great night, and I got my annual fix (6 straight years & counting!)

The sound was amazing from where I was standing in VIP2, it was the best live mix I've heard in a long time.

Bring on PJ25 & a 2016 US tour!
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited September 2015

5) I don't want a picture of Bill Nye dancing with Pearl Jam. I NEED a picture of Bill Nye dancing with Pearl Jam!

I don't know why a GIF image of Bill Nye cooling Stone's strumming isn't a thing yet...

2.40 minute mark

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0B1svxrLBiU
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    I just saw the songs that were broadcast on MSNBC.

The three that I liked the most were The Redemption Song, Unthought known, and Lightning bolt.

It was so fun to get to see part of a concert on TV. I'm glad it was only delayed!!!!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • tickiticki Posts: 25
    CROJAM95 said:

Def not anywhere near a typical show.... I still had fun in vip3

Obviously selfish me wanted 30-40 more minutes

Stoping at 10:15ish is odd on a Saturday night in NYC

Just got back from show....stupid me forgot to add extension on dvr.... Only like 3 songs taped

I was trying to record it from the show on the FIOS app but it kept crashing. I forgot to add time too when I was finally able to do so during Beyonce. MSNBC really chopped it up from what I saw. Plus they got screwed out of time due to all the speakers. Glad I was there in front!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,220
    Typical post Pearl Jam show euphoria! Of COURSE it was awesome!! Hahaha!! Why people worried ahead of time is beyond me. And Davirtios, dude, get a grip. You have the means and lifestyle to go to an event like this in NYC of all places? You poor guy! C'mon!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,100
    edited September 2015

5) I don't want a picture of Bill Nye dancing with Pearl Jam. I NEED a picture of Bill Nye dancing with Pearl Jam!

I don't know why a GIF image of Bill Nye cooling Stone's strumming isn't a thing yet...

2.40 minute mark

;)
    http://imgur.com/ncVrGzc
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    FrankieG said:

2.40 minute mark

;)
    http://imgur.com/ncVrGzc
    awesome, thanks
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• tickiticki Posts: 25
    You are awesome! People like you make the Internet great!

Thanks!
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2015

Thank you! That is perfect!
    Post edited by RunIntoTheRain on
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Exhausting but fun day yesterday! Having been to the festival in previous years, I knew what to expect in terms of lots of speaking, short sets. Of course I wanted more PJ, but for what it was, I am grateful! Went with my younger sister, so it was a cool line up in the fact we could both see some of our favorites, as well as artists we actually both liked (which is rare...thanks Beyonce and Coldplay)! Took us nearly 3 hours to get in, got in line on the East side around noon, and got in 10 minutes or so before 3...jeez! Ended up in the 4th pen, which was fine with me. When everyone moved forward, we moved back to get some space. Coldplay was a perfect way to start off the evening (oh god, minus that Sky Full of Stars song...I can't stand it!), and while not a fan of Ariana Grande, can't deny she has a nice voice. And part of the fun of the day is seeing all the collaborations and such! Ed Sheeran was such a surprise for me...I went in not liking him/his music and walked away so impressed. Beyonce was magnificent, she is such a show woman, and her songs are so fun to sing and dance along to. Seeing my sister so excited about music--which doesn't happen often, those genes went to me!--made me beam. Cool to share in that with her. PJ was great, though it's always awkward when you're the only one going nuts in a crowd of people :lol: It was awesome to see how excited Ed and the guys were to be there. Given to Fly dedicated to Malala, the story of Unthought, and RITFW were highlights. But the main highlight was Redemption Song with Beyonce...I can't believe just how well their voices went together! It was seriously beautiful and a special, special moment. Now I've seen PJ collaborate with Beyonce AND Jay-Z...guess Blue Ivy is next? :lol:

Overall, a great day. Can't beat free Pearl Jam in my home city!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,513
    edited September 2015
    i had tickets in VIP 2 with my boyfriend. we showed up around 7 pm because neither of us cared to stand there all day. we ate at st. james gate on amsterdam ave beforehand. while waiting in line for the bathroom, this guy gave me a PJ fan made sticker for the festival, which was awesome. if you're reading this, thank you! :rock_on:

we strolled right in. i thought the vip pens would be a little bit more organized. it was kind of a clusterfuck in all honesty. we weren't as close as i thought we were going to be, and i wasn't about to squeeze my way past and piss off everyone who was there before me just to try and get closer. we all paid our money to get VIP, i could have shown up at 12 in the afternoon and gotten close but we just wanted the day to relax before seeing the greatest band in the world. :)

hearing malala speak gave me chills. that's what this whole thing is about. a lot of people seem to forget that last night. and it was neat to see the first lady too.

hearing sting with common was pretty cool. beyonce was...beyonce. i was born in 1990, so i kinda grew up with her (and all the other pop artists - before i got into rock lol) so i did enjoy seeing her and knew some songs. my bf not so much :lol:. quite a commotion in the half hour or so it took for PJ to get on stage. some "fans" around us didn't deserve to be there with the way they were acting. kind of embarrassing.

but once PJ took the stage...we all lost our damn minds. me especially. could not stop dancing and rocking out. MYM -> DTE was fucking amazing, and right into GTF...i fucking lost it. cried quite a few times. it's been 2 years since my first tour, and they are still every bit as amazing live. elderly woman -> LB -> daughter were great singalongs. it was so cool to hear the story behind unthought known. then better man, a classic, into alive. fucking amazing. of course they gotta tease us a little for the encore. it was well worth it. you knew it was going to happen but i couldn't believe i heard imagine live. so so so good. and redemption song with bey was great. and we all knew RITFW was gonna close it, and oh man, everyone on stage was hysterical. everyone looked like they were having a blast. i sure did!

don't care that they only played an hour, i can't believe i saw pearl jam in central park. beautiful amazing experience. thank you, thank you, thank you.

now, ANNOUNCE A NORTH AMERICAN TOUR! :smiley::lol:
    Post edited by nothinasitseems on
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I knew I liked Unthought Known for a reason.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Couldn't go to the show but watched on TV. They honestly sounded really, really good, especially Eddie. He killed it. To be honest, he sounded better there than at a lot of the shows on the LB tour. That was one of the best GTF versions I've heard in a looooong time. Unbelieveable. See you in 2016.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Also, surprised EV remembers the words to that first part of Better man. Can't think of the last time I've heard him sing it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • When I bought the VIP 3 tickets months ago, I assumed I would be seeing a normal headlining festival set. Fortunately, between seeing that PJ radio on Sirius would start streaming at 9:15 and checking setlists from past years, I had my expectations adjusted prior to getting there. I agree with previous posters who thought VIP3 was predominantly PJ fans. But it definitely didn't describe everyone: I overheard one person ask her friend whether Pearl Jam was a person or a band. Mind Your Manners and Do the Evolution was probably an aggressive introduction for those not familiar with the music. MYM, which I don't particularly care for, sounded fantastic; I thought it was much less abrasive than the arena version I heard a few times in 2013.

Overall, I thought they sounded great. While I'll always prefer an experience where the whole crowd is into it (Hartford 2013 or seeing Wilco in Ithaca on Wednesday), I had a good time. The highlight was probably Given To Fly or Unthought Known. I think Ed mentioned 4 or 5 years ago for his story regarding Unthought Known, so he must be off by a year or two.

We were also there for the rest of the festival and had a good time. Like others mentioned, I could've done with more music and fewer speakers. I knew who Ed Sheeran was going in, but didn't really know his music. My wife was looking forward to him and I really enjoyed his set and the use of a machine to loop himself (though the guitar slaps created a bit of an echo). I'm not huge into Beyonce but she's an incredible performer and I enjoyed it. She was definitely the reason for at least a few people near me to be there. Coldplay and Common (plus Sting with lumberjack beard) were also good. I missed some of the performers who had shorter sets due to bathroom breaks and food lines (minor complaints: no beer and the food wasn't amazing -- the taco place seemed to be the consensus choice, but they ran out of food).

Someone above mentioned a CEO getting booed. I think that was Tim Armstrong from AOL. If you Google "Tim Armstrong baby," you'll see one possible reason why.
  • JDjrJDjr Posts: 91
    GREAT show! Pearl Jam was the highlight, but a great line up of "warm up" bands brought some pleasant surprises. Eddie's vocals were rock solid and the boys just blew the place away. It's a great cause with a lot of important messages - I hope they can get a groundswell of activity and awareness. Just love this band - can't imagine a world without Pearl Jam! Thank you Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff and Matt for giving me a little "fix" while waiting impatiently for the next US (East coast!) tour!
    A lifer.
  • I was away, didn't know it was on TV, any where I can find it On Demand?
  • lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222
    Boy, was Saturday a great day! So many highlights, some lowlights, some other stuff. Got in early with friends and secured our bubble on Mike's Side rail in VIP2. Not nearly as close as we would have liked, as we had the VIP1 pen right in front of us - this was definitely a low light... Sitting and watching the 1% come and go as they pleased was somewhat of a downer, but we did spot some "celebs" and muckity-mucks (Aaron Paul, Craig David, Zach Braff, Michael Chiklis, Jaden Smith, Olivia Wilde, corporate execs, dignitaries from various countries, etc. - sad that I know the celebs' names but not the dignitaries'). In addition to PJ, I was looking forward to seeing Coldplay and Beyonce. I wasn't NOT looking forward to seeing Ed Sheeran, I just didn't really know him as well, however, I was definitely blown away by his set. Tori Kelly was a definite highlight as well! Beautiful voice! You could tell she was nervous as $#!t during her first song, but she calmed down and rocked it. Coldplay's set was the most disappointing, but it was meant to be short. I'm not sure why they closed with a brand-new, slow-ish song that nobody knew... Beyonce's performance was fun, as I expected it to be. Five to One?? Wish she had done the whole song!! Seeing/hearing Malala speak gave me chills. That young woman is going places, and I hope she takes all of the other girls on stage, and few million others, with her! Common with STING?!?! Yeah, man!! That was a total shocker.
    The speeches were hit or miss, I feel like. Don't get me wrong, we knew why we were there at this festival - it was nice to be a part of it, but, to be honest, it got a bit old. All these celebs and execs, etc. with tons of $$ lending their voice and face - are they throwing their own money into these 17 goals? I'm sure some are, like the Gates'. Speaking of.... I'm pretty sure that the crowd missed a cue to clap/cheer while they were onstage. I was spacing, looking for the boys in VIP1, and then snapped back to radio silence - Bill and Melinda just standing on stage, waiting, not speaking, seemingly expecting some crowd acknowledgement. They didn't get it, so moved on. LOL.
    Anyway, let's get to the point - PJ!! Awesome set! Short, but very sweet. Full of energy. All the guys were super into it. Sounded good, looked happy as shit. Awesome version of Lightning Bolt. Imagine was an obvious choice - I actually thought that would be the song that everyone else came back out to and joined in on. Redemption Song with Bey was amazing!! Loved it so much. RITFW was super fun! Bill Nye fanning Stoney!! So fun...
    All in all, great day. Would I do it again? Probably not. Once is enough for me, but I'm glad I got that chance. :-)
    (P.S. - this is my first fanview ever. Thanks if you got through it!)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited September 2015

The most amazing thing happened when Pearl Jam was announced. I had been battling a headache all evening and was feeling bummed that my physical condition was going to interfere with my appreciation of their set. I swear, like magic, as soon as Colbert announced PJ, I lifted off the bench and, boom, headache gone. All the stress I had been carrying in my shoulders dropped and I felt so glad to be there.

That's what happens, isn't it! I have experienced that. I had a TERRIBLE flu in Missoula 2012. I could barely even stand up when I was waiting in line to get into the venue, and I thought I might faint while Mudhoney opened. I had no voice at all either. Could barely talk. It was horrible. But then Pearl Jam came on and my flu literally went away for 2.5 hours. My voice came back, I was able to rock out (not like normal, admittedly, but even the fact that I could stand in the pit for the whole show was a miracle, so I was pretty amazed!). And then, as soon as they closed it with Indifference, my flu came crashing back and I was barely able to walk the 4 blocks to my motel without collapsing, lol. They really are magic! So anyway, long story short, I totally know what you mean. :) Maybe PJ should start playing hospitals!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222

I was away, didn't know it was on TV, any where I can find it On Demand?

YouTube
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    great show but soundcheck was better - haha!!!!
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    PJ_Soul said:

That's what happens, isn't it! I have experienced that. I had a TERRIBLE flu in Missoula 2012. I could barely even stand up when I was waiting in line to get into the venue, and I thought I might faint while Mudhoney opened. I had no voice at all either. Could barely talk. It was horrible. But then Pearl Jam came on and my flu literally went away for 2.5 hours. My voice came back, I was able to rock out (not like normal, admittedly, but even the fact that I could stand in the pit for the whole show was a miracle, so I was pretty amazed!). And then, as soon as they closed it with Indifference, my flu came crashing back and I was barely able to walk the 4 blocks to my motel without collapsing, lol. They really are magic! So anyway, long story short, I totally know what you mean. :) Maybe PJ should start playing hospitals!
    Totally can relate! Last year I was feeling pretty awful the day of the Foo Fighters' 9:30 Club not-so-secret show. Waited on line for a long time for a rail spot, and it was a looong show (or at least felt like an eternity) before the Foos actually took the stage. I remember questioning even staying, but I couldn't bail! When they finally came out, POOF! It was like magic, it all went away! I was jumping up and down, screaming my lungs out. The next day, back to feeling awful again, and I had NO idea how the night before was able to even happen. Music, man! Pretty amazing stuff.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,028
    Loved the experience overall, always happy to see PJ in any form.

We knew we were there for a rally vs/ a concert so was OK with the extended speeches and shortened music sets. In VIP3 and would have donated a $100 to charity each for 2 chairs. Too damn old to stand all day and sitting on the ground isnt really my thing either. But --- in the name of Pearl Jam? Shoot, I would do it again. Loved it.

One thing I will say? Beyonce is very aggressive in her standpoints. I didn't know her beyond some hits and my wife loves her, so she was thrilled....but I was chuckling at the repeated pounding of her message. Hey, I support strong and independent women -- love my wife! -- but every song seemed filled with video or audio messages about that same thing.

Sting is awesome so that was cool and who gets to stand there and see the VP and First Lady? Very cool as well.

Thanks Pearl Jam, so happy to have had the chance to see you this year!

Met some cool people as well.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 918
    edited September 2015
    My wife and I showed up at around 4:00 p.m. to go in at the west entrance and was at first shocked at the line outside in the street as it seemed to go on for blocks. But after finding the end of the line we were in rather quickly. I was in the farthest pen in the back on the west side but you could also freely walk to the farthest east side pen if you chose. Ed Sheeran went on right when we went in and I was overly impressed with his talent. I loved his guitar slapping as it reminded me of John Butler. I would definitely take my kids to see him in the future. The sound in the way back was better than expected but you couldn't see the stage. Watching the big televisions were fine but the audio and video was off. I Didn't really pay attention to Beyonce as I met a couple of NY's finest and was talking to them about the PJ NYPD shirt which they appreciated. I only started a conversation with NYPD because of the shirt and that I am in the same profession. I told them I was a huge PJ fan and this was the farthest back I have ever seen them. They replied that getting me to the first pen was not a problem and they proceeded to escort me and wife to the first pen. I met a really cool Secret Service agent on our way into the first pen as we had to be searched due to Biden and Ms. Obama being there. He said "you must be on the job and I hope you have a good time". I planned on staying in the back of the first pen as I refuse to make my way up close and invade people's personal space but so many Beyonce fans left when Pearl Jam came on (I am convinced Eddie played MYM and DTE first on purpose as a favor to us to weed out the non fans) I was able to get a pretty close spot. Pearl Jam's electricity was amazing and I felt they owned the festival though I am probably a bit biased. I especially loved the sky line of the city while Pearl Jam was playing and often caught myself looking behind me instead of the stage. Overall good times.
    Post edited by dlymnfld on
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • I didn't know Malala was going to be there. What an inspiration that young woman is.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    dlymnfld said:

My wife and I showed up at around 4:00 p.m. to go in at the west entrance and was at first shocked at the line outside in the street as it seemed to go on for blocks. But after finding the end of the line we were in rather quickly. I was in the farthest pen in the back on the west side but you could also freely walk to the farthest east side pen if you chose. Ed Sheeran went on right when we went in and I was overly impressed with his talent. I loved his guitar slapping as it reminded me of John Butler. I would definitely take my kids to see him in the future. The sound in the way back was better than expected but you couldn't see the stage. Watching the big televisions were fine but the audio and video was off. I Didn't really pay attention to Beyonce as I met a couple of NY's finest and was talking to them about the PJ NYPD shirt which they appreciated. I only started a conversation with NYPD because of the shirt and that I am in the same profession. I told them I was a huge PJ fan and this was the farthest back I have ever seen them. The replied that getting me to the first pen was not a problem and they proceeded to escort me and wife to the first pen. I met a really cool Secret Service agent on our way into the first pen as we had to be searched due to Biden and Ms. Obama being there. He said "you must be on the job and I hope you have a good time". I planned on staying in the back of the first pen as I refuse to make my way up close and invade people's personal space but so many Beyonce fans left when Pearl Jam came on (I am convinced Eddie played MYM and DTE first on purpose as a favor to us to weed out the non fans) I was able to get a pretty close spot. Pearl Jam's electricity was amazing and I felt they owned the festival though I am probably a bit biased. I especially loved the sky line of the city while Pearl Jam was playing and often caught myself looking behind me instead of the stage. Overall good times.

:clap::clap::clap: That's awesome!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,028
    dlymnfld said:

My wife and I showed up at around 4:00 p.m. to go in at the west entrance and was at first shocked at the line outside in the street as it seemed to go on for blocks. But after finding the end of the line we were in rather quickly. I was in the farthest pen in the back on the west side but you could also freely walk to the farthest east side pen if you chose. Ed Sheeran went on right when we went in and I was overly impressed with his talent. I loved his guitar slapping as it reminded me of John Butler. I would definitely take my kids to see him in the future. The sound in the way back was better than expected but you couldn't see the stage. Watching the big televisions were fine but the audio and video was off. I Didn't really pay attention to Beyonce as I met a couple of NY's finest and was talking to them about the PJ NYPD shirt which they appreciated. I only started a conversation with NYPD because of the shirt and that I am in the same profession. I told them I was a huge PJ fan and this was the farthest back I have ever seen them. The replied that getting me to the first pen was not a problem and they proceeded to escort me and wife to the first pen. I met a really cool Secret Service agent on our way into the first pen as we had to be searched due to Biden and Ms. Obama being there. He said "you must be on the job and I hope you have a good time". I planned on staying in the back of the first pen as I refuse to make my way up close and invade people's personal space but so many Beyonce fans left when Pearl Jam came on (I am convinced Eddie played MYM and DTE first on purpose as a favor to us to weed out the non fans) I was able to get a pretty close spot. Pearl Jam's electricity was amazing and I felt they owned the festival though I am probably a bit biased. I especially loved the sky line of the city while Pearl Jam was playing and often caught myself looking behind me instead of the stage. Overall good times.

How very cool, good for you!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved