Options

Songs you miss in a PJ concert

joyodongojoyodongo Posts: 36
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
PJ is my favourite band but, as I love them so much, I'm also very demanding with them and, there are certain things I miss on tour (I went to Dublin, Vitoria and Madrid this year).

SONGS I miss live: All those yesterdays, Light Years, Nothing Man, Smile, Save You

- Smile was for years one of my favourite songs, but the few times I've heard it live (Live on 2 legs, a couple of bootlegs), it sounds really... BAD compared with the NO CODE studio version. Where is the sharp sound of the guitar you hear in studio??? Do you agree? Maybe they realize that and this is why they don't play it. I don't know...
- Light Years: only heard in a couple of bootlegs also. Listen to the drums in the studio version and then live... it looses everything
Save You: played more often but the same goes for this one
- Nothing Man, All those Yesterdays: never heard live. I can' t understand why they never play ALL THOSE YESTERDAYS. Don't you think it's one of the best PJ songs?

Saludos
Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
Bilbao 9/7/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    wash,all or none,alone,
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Alone. Never heard it at any of my shows. But I did hear the first playing of Sad which makes up for it a little.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Tremor Christ

Breath

Sleight Of Hand

i've always missed Sleight Of Hand.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i really missed 'in my tree' and 'nothingman' on this tour....but i can't complain. :D
  • Options
    lushkalushka Posts: 8
    I really miss - Who You Are, No Way (I know that this one was played only three times, but still can't understand why), Sleight of Hand, Evacuation, and Gods' Dice.
  • Options
    Daughter.
    Wishlist.
    Brain of J.

and All or none, although it was only layed once or twice this tour.
    and I missed Dirty Frank by two nights for fuck's sake
  • Options
    Leatherman
    I wanna tell you that I love you, but does it really matter? ...first show 12-31-91 w/RHCP and Nirvana.
  • Options
    Inside Job
    Daughter
    Man Of The Hour
    In My Tree
    Sad
    Gone
    Smile
    Around The Bend
    Love Boat Captain

... and the list goes on. :D

Seriously though, I need to start saving up money so I can begin my scavenger hunt for these songs (and many more).

Does anybody know how much money one could get for selling, oh let's say, a kidney? :D:D:D
    Just put a bend in the road, I'm growing tired of straight lines...
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Smile...and most No Code songs :(
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I would love to hear All or None. Seriously. And a whole bunch of Riot Act songs, particulalry Ghost, Help Help and 1/2 Full. Also, what about Who You Are, In My Tree, Of the Girl, Sleight of Hand. Tons of Binaural. God's Dice, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years. Faithfull would be sweet too.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    of all the songs i hope to hear when i go to a concert, the only one i consistently don't hear is dissident....i've had some pretty wicked set lists though so i'm not complaining about that at all.....

and i've always longed for "otherside," but i can't really say i miss it, 'cause i never had it in the first place.
  • Options
    sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    Light years, Undone, No way, Who you are, Parting ways, Ghost and others...
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • Options
    Black,
    All those yesterdays,
    Love boat captain,
    Sad,
    Garden,
    In my tree,
    Around the bend,
    Gone,
    Thumbing my way

They have to come back soon
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • Options
    Can't Keep
    Deep
    Mankind
    Pilate
    Rival
    DGNL
    W.M.A.

^comeback more often guys!!!
    A Shared Account.
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 141
    Release
    Breath
    Pilate
    In My Tree
    Inside Job
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    What's also bad - though maybe not as bad - is attending a show and getting so caught up in the moment that you end up not realsing they've played one or two of your favourite songs. I.e, I left Pistoia and a day or two later wished they'd played 'I got i.d'. I then found out they had when I checked the set list on my return, and I''d been in the 2nd row. :eek:
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I really, really, really missed Light Years on the Euro Tour...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    I've never heard Wash live...:(
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    Well this are the songs I missed and really liked to hear 'live':
    Light Years / Nothingman / Breath / Brain of J / Love Boat Captain / Sad / Down / Faithfull / Black / Crazy Mary / Marker in the Sand / Life wasted / Blood / Breakerfall / Down / Eledery woman... / I Am Mine / Last Kiss / Long Road / Once
    / U / You Are

But Black is the one I missed the most with Crazy Mary! Black is such a nice love song......I really really really missed Black.......
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    i missed dissident at both leeds and berlin :(
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town -- heck they play it a bunch, but I missed it by 2 nights in SF, then by one night at Bridge, so I'm figuring I'll get it at my next show or so!

Then, same with Parachutes -- totally wanna hear that live! Night previous in SF and Bridge, missed it. (Don't get me wrong, if I had gotten those, Light Years and Thin Air would be right here in their place! They totally plugged in what I needed at the given moments!)

Which is a real killer, when you have that special gem in your heart just waiting to hear it, you check the boards and see they played it the night before the concert you're going to! DOH! And then they whack you upside the head with something like All Along the Watchtower (SFIII)! Or Light Years...

Dissident -- yap, good call. Would love to hear this live, one of my favs from the boots.

Sonic Reducer -- I can't believe I saw this Sacto '95. Blew me away, been in my bands setlist ever since. Even tracked down an original dead boys version of it (man is THAT guy messed up durin live shows!)

No Way -- my newest favorite song (had never owned Yield til about a month ago. Never heard No Way on a boot, basically skipped the studio Yield once I heard 'em live, gave up on studios and listened to boots until Riot Act, then filled in the back collection, and can't believe I had been missing Yield for so long!)

Immortality -- I'd love to hear them jam this out like they do daughter or crazy mary, just run with the jam for five minutes or so....

Last Kiss -- I don't need that live, would have a big shit-eating grin underneath tear-stained cheeks if they pulled that on me. Well, kinda like Light Years, or Thin Air, or Release, or Black, or....
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    At the Chicago shows, I was sure that we would get "Love Boat Captain", but to no avail. On the 1st night, I was in shouting distance of Ed, and during the first encore, I kept screaming "LBC". I've seen 6 shows since Riot Act was released and somehow missed this song.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    "Sometimes" [No Code]

All I want is for them to play this song. We got the verse back in SF II, but Eddie flubbed. Instead of carrying on like they did when they botched it back in 1997, the song just ends with "I forgot the fuckin' song". Funny, but I really, really, really want them to play this song before the end of the year. I made a pact and everything. I'm sure some of you folks are tired of Sneedy here complaining he wants "Sometimes" when some of you have gone eight years without hearing your songs. But I've gotta have it...

"All Those Yesterdays" [Yield] (still think it'd be an awesome opener)
    "Help Help" [Riot Act]
    "Undone" [Lost Dogs] (--only played this once?)
    "Smile" [No Code]
    "Breath" (--love it when it's played in the same set with SoLaT)
    "Sleight of Hand" [Binaural]
    "Parting Ways" [Binaural]
    "Tremor Christ" [Vitalogy]
    "Immortality" [Vitalogy] (--would be great to hear this extended to a 9-minute jam)
    "Fatal" [Lost Dogs]

You have songs like "I'm Open", "Push Me, Pull Me", and "No Way" that have only been played three times in the bands history. Are they that difficult to pull off in concert? Imagine a encore of "I Got Shit"/"No Way"/"Last Exit"/"Corduroy"... I listened to them in that order and thought it was a good set. For that matter, if Pearl Jam walked out on staged and opened with "No Way" (followed by "Last Exit"), the crowd wouldn't believe their own ears at this juncture. The crowd would shit themselves, and the concert would be an instant classic.

Hope springs eternal for 'the rest' of "Sometimes" in Oz or Hawaii this holiday season. I don't believe in Santa anymore but I believe in you guys, so...

please baby,
    please baby,
    please baby
    baby, baby, PLEASE...

_DON'T LET ME DOWN !_
  • Options
    I really really really missed Black.......

Same here , really , really really :)
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    HOLD ON
    Of The Girl
    W.M.A.
    Deep
    All Those Yesterdays
    Footsteps
    Sleight Of Hand
    Light Years
    The Long Road
    1/2 Full
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    W.M.A.
    I would love to see a full version of this song. Please? I've heard it on a few (very few boots) and I love it. Every time they tag daughter with it I get a little too excited. I can't even explain why I love this song so much. Oh well, maybe someday.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I missed hearing In My Tree this year, one of my favorite PJ songs.

I also miss All Those Yesterdays, especially considering how many people were requesting that for the Bridge School Benefit this year. I was so disappointed when they left the stage Sunday without it being played.

I REALLY want to hear Crown of Thorns live, missed that by one show this year. (they played it in Chicago, and I was at Grand Rapids)
  • Options
    DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    all of them