YOGI BERRA Passes Away At 90

g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
edited September 2015 in All Encompassing Trip

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/09/23/yogi-berra-passes-away-yankees-hall-fame-catcher

Ted Williams once said the Yankee player he most feared was not Mantle or Diamaggio it was Berra.

Peace rest in it.
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by g under p on

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Waiter: Yogi, do you want the pizza cut in 6 slices or 8?

Yogi: 8, I'm hungry

#RIP
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Might I add his military contributions for the Navy in WWII. Just an amazing career.....for me I think he's the 5th greatest Yankee ever. Also a tie as the greatest catcher ever with Johnny Bench.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    RIP indeed. the man had quite the career, quite the life.

personally, i have him as the 6th greatest yankee.
  • RIP Yogi. My favorite quote from him:

“You should always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise, they won’t come to yours.”
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Didn't expect to wake up to this, but he was getting up there. Hell of a life. Have read a few things on him today, and I feel like this is one of the best.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/09/23/yogi-berra-more-than-malapropisms-more-than-rings/

My favorite picture from the last game at the old stadium

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

The world loved Yogi Berra
    Bob Nightengale, USA TODAY Sports 11:59 a.m. EDT September 23, 2015

USA TODAY Sports'

It was years ago now, and Carmen Berra, Yogi’s wife, looked at him sternly, and asked a simple question.

“Yogi, where would you like to be buried?’’

They were getting up in age, Carmen explained, and it was a question they needed to ask themselves.

Yogi put his hand to his chin, thought for several minutes, and told Carmen that it was a tough question, and he needed to sleep on it.

The next morning, Yogi woke up, and Carmen asks him if he reached a decision.

USA TODAY
    Yogi Berra, Hall of Famer and Yankees great, dies at 90

“Yeah, when I die,’’ Yogi said, “just bury me where you want.

“Surprise me.’’

That was Yogi Berra, the man who was quoted more than Winston Churchill, and more than most U.S. presidents.

Yogi died Tuesday evening at the age of 90.

His real name was Lawrence Peter Berra.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/09/23/yogi-berra-dies-yankees/72667632/

Peace

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    before my time (if you can believe it) but I guess old Yogi was a hell of a ballplayer. sadly, I always just thought of him as a lovable goof.

"no one goes there anymore; it's too crowded"

RIP Yogi.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    My 94 year old father has been a Yogi Berra fan for as long as I can remember and more. His stories about seeing Yogi play stirred my imagination and helped form my love of the game.

R.I.P. Yogi Berra. One of a kind and a legend.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

My 94 year old father has been a Yogi Berra fan for as long as I can remember and more. His stories about seeing Yogi play stirred my imagination and helped form my love of the game.

R.I.P. Yogi Berra. One of a kind and a legend.

He certainly lived a charmed life. R.I.P.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Angels fan of 26 years and baseball fan paying respect to a class act. RIP Yogi. Say hi to the late Jim Fregosi, Nick Adenhart and other greats that passed on for me.