poor u
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    PJ AND Petty are gonna ROCK!!!
    'NUFF SAID
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    I control alot of shit.

and yetl ill let your boy brian have a breat of fresh air
  • Options
    well I am waiting to see the set list from last night, hoping it has improved (in quantity)....

that quote about the dirty bikers and their liquor is a classic.... I love it. I am sure the pepsi center will be shelling out the booze, hope not too much cuz there has been a lot of threads about pukers...

I am curious to see the crowd mix, I have a feeling the PJ fans might out number the Petty fans here in denver.. I am going with a good buddy on Sunday and he really is not a petty fan so we may not stay for the whole show, I am going Monday with the wife and she does like the petty so I will catch the whole show that eve...

HEY PJ PLAY US 25 A NIGHT IN DENVER........(I will keep trying..)

T minus 1 and counting... Happy 4th of July everyone.. Go online and read the declaration of independence for the holiday.. You'd be surprised how relavant it is today....
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options
    Well 17 songs last night, going backwards not forward. At least they are calling them Encores now...

My best buddy showed up last night for his first show, he could only afford the first night, i dont have it in me to tell him he is only going to get 1/2 a show.

I really really dont like feeling down like this, I get over it for a bit,then it starts bugging me....

I am going to watch storytellers tonight and I am sure that will lift my spirits.

Hoping to hear in Denver :Army Reserve, Gone, Inside Job, Garden, Leash and anything random they might like to throw in.. A good cover maybe. God I would have love to have seen that "Waiting on a friend" I might have to get that boot just for that song....

Oh also thanks to the reviewers in WI trying to pick up our spirits about the show, it helps...
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options
    boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Or maybe a qualude. Dude, one word for you Decaf. I'm glad my dirty hippie/biker without hooch comment could make you laugh a bit. I crack myself up all the time. I'm the funniest guy I know. That's how you make an intolerable situation better, humor. So just relax and enjoy the short set list and the fossil....errrrrrrrrr....I mean Tom Petty to follow the real band. Cheers.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Just think in 15 years when PJ co-headlines with The Killers or something...you can take comfort in knowing that The Killers' fans will be pissed that they aren't getting a full set. Life is a wheel, dude.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    hbrownehbrowne Posts: 57
    Hey Denver Dude (and all Denverites) -

I will be posting the mp3 of Waiting for a Friend on my blog tomorrow in honor of the PJ show in Denver tomorrow night. So check it out.

Hey, I am on here tonight wondering when you Denver folks are planning on getting to the venue tomorrow. I know seats are assigned in order of priority, so I don't have to get there super early, but I wonder if there will be anything interesting going on (soundcheck?) in the afternoon. Ideas? People who know the venue better than I do? (it will be my first concert there) -

Thanks!
    My Music Blog
    I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS
    http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hbrowne wrote:
    Hey Denver Dude (and all Denverites) -

I will be posting the mp3 of Waiting for a Friend on my blog tomorrow in honor of the PJ show in Denver tomorrow night. So check it out.

Hey, I am on here tonight wondering when you Denver folks are planning on getting to the venue tomorrow. I know seats are assigned in order of priority, so I don't have to get there super early, but I wonder if there will be anything interesting going on (soundcheck?) in the afternoon. Ideas? People who know the venue better than I do? (it will be my first concert there) -

Thanks!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=190197

Check out that thread...should be a great time before going in for the show.

Now I'm reeeealy excited!
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • Options
    thumbsthumbs Posts: 37
    I've never been to a PJ concert at the Pepsi Center. When I went to PJ in OKC, we got there about four hours early, got our tickets, and ate dinner before the show. I'm planning on going downtown early, eating, seeing other fans, being excited, having a couple of drinks, and then going to the show. Perhaps someone who has gone to assigned/not assigned tenclub shows can tell us how the two compare.

We're thinking of Dolan's (16th street mall) for food. Drinks, who knows?
  • Options
    hbrownehbrowne Posts: 57
    Thanks BluntManGuy!
    My Music Blog
    I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS
    http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Never been to Denver or a PJ show, being only 20 makes me one of the younger PJ fans and being so young I haven't been able to see them. My time has come though, I'll be drivin up to Denver in the morning (a few hrs) and watchin the show :). Really sucks this isn't a dual-headliner show and that PJ is being the opening act but I guess I'll just get what I can?

I say we all just chant pearl jam pearl jam over and over again till they play again. This may or may not help but we'll see.

See you guys there, look for me in my PJ Alive t-shirt :-P.
  • Options
    Im with Denver Dude, this sucks. I didnt ask for Petty and besides, he does the exact same show every night. I love how on these boards if you say anything negative, you get bashed. Its BS, this is an album tour that should be PJ only, Im going tonight to the show and hoping for the best, but getting a short set for 100$ a person ($400 for both nights me and my girl) is a bunch of garbage.
    And dont throw the same ol " Be glad you dont live in the south" answer, thats bs too!
  • Options
    mfogel2002mfogel2002 Posts: 15
    You are right it is BS that it should be Pearl Jam alone, but they are the ones that signed on with Petty. Everyone knew that it was going to be co-headlined show. Just be happy that you get to see your favorite band. I am not a huge PJ fan or a huge Petty fan, maybe that is why I dont have a problem with it.

I will be honest I never realized how many songs Pearl Jam played until I started looking at some of the set list. You guys are lucky as a fan base that you get to hear so many songs.

Serioulsy everyone needs to quit complaing about how the Petty fan club is taking up half the good seats and we are only getting a half a show. I have said it before we are very lucky to get to see two legendary bands in one night. Not many people can say that.
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    I am sick to my stomach reading the set lists for the Pearl Jam / Petty shows. 17 songs. No encores, no second encore, no pre-opening song.

Why are we being punished?! We paid twice as much for our tickets that the rest of the tour. We should get twice the show not half!!

I love Pearl Jam and so it upsets me that our next show since 03 has to be with petty.

What can we do to help us get the Pearl Jam show the Denver fans deserve?

Pissed in Denver.......

If it weren't for Petty I doubt PJ would have come back to Denver
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.