MLB post-season package 2015. Need some help.

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
Calling all you fellow cord cutters. This will be my first post-season without TV in my life. I can't seem to find reliable information on the interwebs, so anybody here provide some guidance? Experiences? Thanks AET friends!
www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I should clarify, I have a TV, just no cable TV. We use a Roku stick and have several computers that can stream.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I think you can buy mlb.tv for the playoffs. Not sure how that works with local blackouts though.
  • Roku has the MLB At Bat/TV app on it. Download the app to your Roku and just follow the steps to order the remaining regular season. For the postseason us cord cutters are SOL. You have to authenticate your user through a cable provider. MLB sold all the rights to those games to other channels.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Roku has the MLB At Bat/TV app on it. Download the app to your Roku and just follow the steps to order the remaining regular season. For the postseason us cord cutters are SOL. You have to authenticate your user through a cable provider. MLB sold all the rights to those games to other channels.

Oh, so you have to go through the Fox app rather than watching through mlb.tv? What happens with the TBS games?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Become a Phillies fan and you don't have to worry about it.

MLB.TV was my other answer
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2015
    From the mlb.tv website:

"Postseason.TV: Subscribers to Postseason.TV, available only during the MLB Postseason, will be able to view live alternative video feeds (excluding the broadcast feed) from MLB Postseason games without blackout restrictions.
    Live Audio of those games subject to the blackout restrictions reflected above is available as part of any MLB.TV subscription, as part of MLB.com Gameday Audio."

I think I've watched it before. If you can deal with no announcers and having to switch camera views yourself (I believe), there you go.
    Guess I'll have to go the bar and drink. Damn.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Guess I'll have to go the bar and drink. Damn.

Poor bastard! Hahaha

Roku has the MLB At Bat/TV app on it. Download the app to your Roku and just follow the steps to order the remaining regular season. For the postseason us cord cutters are SOL. You have to authenticate your user through a cable provider. MLB sold all the rights to those games to other channels.

I just want to say that this is a fucking crock of shit. Not all of us can afford to 'get to the park' for a playoff game and would love to have access to watching the games at home.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I think it's totally stupid to have to verify your cable subscription to watch games on the apps (whether it's the Fox app, NBC Sports, or whatever). I mean, that's fine if you subscribe to cable and want to watch a game on your phone when you're not home. But most people want to watch at home thru an Apple TV, Roku, or other device and the reason we have those is because....dunt dunt dunnnnn... WE DONT HAVE CABLE!
  • There is a site I use for Sundays for football that also does all sports. Just Google Vip Box sports. It has a bunch of annoying pop ups where the 'X' in the top right corner takes you to a different site for the ad but works well once you get the hang of it. You have to find the tiny 'x' on the ad somewhere to actually close it out. Sometimes you also have to go through many of the feeds to a game to find a working one but I can usually see any game I want with it.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Thanks for the tip. Going old school and will just listen on the radio. That costs me nothing.
    www.cluthelee.com