Which show was the best on the "Petty Leg" of the tour?

mfogel2002mfogel2002 Posts: 15
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Just curious as to what everyone thought the best show was for PJ while touring with Petty. I know it will be a bit biased people thinking their show was the best. As far as setlist go, who got the best show?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
    .....but night 1 was outstanding.
    1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
  • j88ryanj88ryan Posts: 66
    jasone6 wrote:

Night 2 was better
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    jasone6 wrote:

Night 1 in Milwaukee the fans definately had more energy for Petty, Pearl Jam fans were into it more on Night 2. I can't say which of the shows were better they both were amazing to me something I'll never forget.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • tarasotaraso Posts: 14
    I've listened to all 3 downloads from St. Paul, Milwaukee and Denver and I'd have to give a big nod to the first Denver show. Incredible energy and amazing performance from the keyboard dude from Petty's band...I forget his name. Albeit, all the shows were damn good! PJ is on a roll!
  • Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    From being there, night 2 in Denver had much more energy from the crowd and band than night two and also had a spectacular closing song for the overall night (Rainy Day Woman). However, this sort of things often doesn't translate to a boot so the person listening to all three and forming an opinion based on just what they hear on a boot may think something totally different.