Global Citizen schedule speculation

I got a ticket to see "The Arcs" at the Bowery Ballroom ,which is on the same day as the festival but it won't start until 9 pm or so.In retrospect I think it was a mistake on my end to get a ticket to "The Arcs" ,because even if I can make it there in time , I will still be on a PJ high and I will view "The Arcs" as a letdown. I'm still entertaining the idea of going to see "The Arcs" and I was wondering if anyone knows more or less the schedule? I have been to the first 2 Global Citizen festival(the first one I did leave early to catch Jack White at Radio City)and I cannot recall the time it started or ended.

I assume with a pop-up shop and 4 poster for the show that PJ will be the headliners,but with the state of our music nowadays I'm still afraid that they will go on before Beyonce ,which will work perfectly for me(I can just leave after their set)

There is no way that I will be leaving PJ earlier to catch my other concert that night,or any other concert ,but I would like to make an attempt and I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    My best guess in PJ is closing the festival so they won't go on till about 9 (maybe a little earlier?). I say this b/c in the past the way the announcement is listed is the order they come out. So it will be Coldlay, Ed S, Beyonce then PJ. Unless of course they pull another change like everything else this year.

I was at Global and my friend was at Jack...I remember being soooo jealous until she told me Jack was pissed and walked off early. I had offered her global tix too and she was wicked mad!!!
    You missed Neil...he was Amazing and tore that place up!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,862
    I think the park has a strict curfew and it is not very late. I think the summerstage shows all end at 10pm sharp. TM has the start time at 2pm and past reviews have it being 6 hours long.
    NYC does not want 60,000 people leaving the park late at night.
    Is there an opener for the Arcs? Most shows at bowery start and end a bit later, especially on the weekends
  • Doors for The Arcs open at 8 ,with a start time of 9. If they have an opening act,which most likely they will ,they are not going to go on until 10 or a bit later. I will probably be able to pull it off and catch their set after PJ is done.

I think after seeing PJ I wouldn't care so much if I miss the Arcs or not,but I will give it a shot.

Thank you for your feedback
    Get_Right said:

I think the park has a strict curfew and it is not very late. I think the summerstage shows all end at 10pm sharp. TM has the start time at 2pm and past reviews have it being 6 hours long.
    NYC does not want 60,000 people leaving the park late at night.
    Is there an opener for the Arcs? Most shows at bowery start and end a bit later, especially on the weekends

• MB93672MB93672 Posts: 293
    Directly from the Global Citizen website in the FAQ section:
    What time do the gates to Central Park open? What time does the Festival start and end?
    The gates to the Great Lawn open at 2pm. The Festival is projected to begin at 3pm, and end by 10:00pm. But make sure you get there early to be first in line!
  • MB93672 said:

Directly from the Global Citizen website in the FAQ section:
    What time do the gates to Central Park open? What time does the Festival start and end?
    The gates to the Great Lawn open at 2pm. The Festival is projected to begin at 3pm, and end by 10:00pm. But make sure you get there early to be first in line!

GCF just posted yesterday that Coldplay starts at 4pm. So you know the music starts at 4. https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/get-to-the-2015-global-citizen-festival-early-and/
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    My speculation: PJ: 815pm - 10pm
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7