2015 Pearl Jam Halloween Men's & Womens shirt - members only! *update Black T-Shirts!

Comments

• I gotta say I don't like it.
    Color esta no bueno.

Also, the pumpkin and zombie shirts rocked but last years scoobie doo shirt sucks. I thought id be doing this every year but this year's shirt sucks and if last years didn't fit right I'm not taking the risk with this hunk I junk.... At $30. What are ya nuts, people?!

It glowed in the dark! What shirt that GITD sucks!?!

C'mon man!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    dankind said:

^^^You say we're nuts. We say we're completists.

Yep, I say you're nuts. You're rocking out with blinders on.... This shirt sucks. A band shirt is supposed to be cool looking, not the emblem of a tool. If Big Bank Hank we're here he'd agree, this shirt totally sucks.

The thing that sucks most to me is that the band isn't even involved in this stuff anymore at all. It's just a company. They used to do their own artwork, now you're just paying the corporation. Coffee mugs?! I mean they look ok but shit man, they've lost the spunk and it's totally starting to show.
    And I get the completist thing, I'm that way with the vinyl, but you realize it's only cool to others in the 10c, right? People don't come over to my house and see all my vinyl and are like "sweet, dude!" They're more like "woah dude, what are you like stuck in 9th grade or something? Pearl jam sucks!"

Anyway, LOVE the music, starting to dislike the merch in a big way
    Rant over!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2015

dankind said:

Yep, I say you're nuts. You're rocking out with blinders on.... This shirt sucks. A band shirt is supposed to be cool looking, not the emblem of a tool. If Big Bank Hank we're here he'd agree, this shirt totally sucks.

The thing that sucks most to me is that the band isn't even involved in this stuff anymore at all. It's just a company. They used to do their own artwork, now you're just paying the corporation. Coffee mugs?! I mean they look ok but shit man, they've lost the spunk and it's totally starting to show.
    And I get the completist thing, I'm that way with the vinyl, but you realize it's only cool to others in the 10c, right? People don't come over to my house and see all my vinyl and are like "sweet, dude!" They're more like "woah dude, what are you like stuck in 9th grade or something? Pearl jam sucks!"

Rant over!!
    Dammit! I forgot to put some sort of emoticon or whatever to show I was joking. Nice rant, though.

FWIW: I do happen to like the shirt. As a huge Oingo Boingo fan and frequent taqueria visitor, I go in for the day of the dead theme. And it kind of reminds me of the old school caricature shirt from 1992, which was probably my first Pearl Jam shirt.

Also FWIW: I do not now nor have I ever given a fuck about what other people have thought was cool, including other 10 Club members. (Unless someone's all like "that's not cool, man," meaning "you're being an asshole, dude," then I give fuck. I don't want to be an asshole.) It's how I geek it real.

:glasses:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

dankind said:

Rant over!!
    Dammit! I forgot to put some sort of emoticon or whatever to show I was joking. Nice rant, though.

FWIW: I do happen to like the shirt. As a huge Oingo Boingo fan and frequent taqueria visitor, I go in for the day of the dead theme. And it kind of reminds me of the old school caricature shirt from 1992, which was probably my first Pearl Jam shirt.

Also FWIW: I do not now nor have I ever given a fuck about what other people have thought was cool, including other 10 Club members. (Unless someone's all like "that's not cool, man," meaning "you're being an asshole, dude," then I give fuck. I don't want to be an asshole.) It's how I geek it real.

:glasses:
    Love you brah! Yeah I hear ya. I just don't like the last two designs. I just feel like as a grown adult I shouldn't be walking around wearing a glow in the dark scoobie doo shirt, and since I live in TX (north Mexico I call it) I can tell ya that this new drawing doesn't light a candle to the day of the dead art around here. It's like a white guy's characature of what it's supposed to be.

Anyway, I'll bag on it today, feel bad about my post tomorrow, and buy it on Sunday. Because I'm a total douche!!!

Happy Friday!
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    zombie tee was the only one worth buying, the rest were just meh...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,406
    Last year there were two versions...think they will do that again this year?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    JV130312 said:

Maybe? Just cause last year they mentioned it was a 10club exclusive. And the other was a regular edition where anyone was able to pick up that variant.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    demetrios said:

JV130312 said:

Maybe? Just cause last year they mentioned it was a 10club exclusive. And the other was a regular edition where anyone was able to pick up that variant.
    I'm hoping there is a darker shirt that's not ten club exclusive somewhere else in a couple weeks. I don't need the thing on the sleeve. Although I'm guessing this one also glows in the dark like last year. I wish I'd bought last year's.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    AO253126 said:

AO253126 said:

I like this design. The last thing I need is another Pearl Jam shirt, but I couldn't resist this one with it's "day of the dead" motif.

Ditto, though I haven't ordered yet. Being from New Mexico (Pearl Jam forgot about us since 2000, though Eddie visited in 2012), Day of the Dead stuff is fucking cool! In fact I am on the verge of ordering this shirt today...
    http://www.target.com/p/men-s-star-wars-soy-tu-padre-darth-vader-t-shirt/-/A-15085564
    OK I definitely don't need to be wearing a Star Wars shirt at my age, but again, that design is too good to pass up, especially at $12.99. Thanks for the heads-up!
    Hey you can wear a Star Wars shirt at ANY age, says this 40 year old.

And... I lucked out, one of my coworkers walked in when I was looking at that shirt on target.com (yeah, busted) and thought it was so cool, I talked her into buying one too. Online special buy one get one half off so came out to like $10 with free shipping. Or, LESS than 1/3 the cost of the ten club shirt. :) Might just be wearing Darth Padre for Day of the Dead.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I get compliments on my Scoobie t all the time, almost every time I wear it...and I'm 50 (yea...50!) The other winner was the pumpkin for sure. This one...I'm out.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Black shirts up are now!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    black is 10 times better than grey
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

black is 10 times better than grey

agree so much I may have spurge
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    can we trade??? rather have the black!
    Yep- I have eaten my words above! I will be buying the black one. Thanks 10c.
    My friend gets the Halloween shirt every year, tradition she said...I hope she can exchange colors if she wants cause that grey is.... well...yuck.
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Cute design. I like it, but wouldn't buy it.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    If your order hasn't shipped they will cancel and refund your original order. You can then re-order with the black shirt.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    for the record..grey is 10c version for members only..and has 10c logo at sleeve
    black is for all and for non 10c members
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    Black shirt was no-brainer. Not buying as a collectible. I'm going to wear it for many years to come.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I don't understand why they made the 10c shirt in that gray color. The black one looks so much better. And I mean it's Halloween! Black and orange are Halloween colors not heather gray. I'm not buying but if I were buying I'd go for the black one.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Ordered the black one for my birthday (31/10) yesterday! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I don't like this tee, give me one of each...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Halloween shirt just shipped. Sweet! Looks like it'll arrive here in Canada before Devils Night. :)
    demetrios said:

Halloween shirt just shipped. Sweet! Looks like it'll arrive here in Canada before Devils Night. :)

:plus_one: Mine is still at the warehouse. I hope I can wear it the night of my birthday. :prayer:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Got mine today!!!! Sticker came with!
    edited September 2015
    It is a darker gray than I thought.

cmalisze said:

The sticker is an extra or another order?
    Pap said:

cmalisze said:

The sticker is an extra or another order?
    1 sticker came with the members Halloween shirt. A nice little throw in.