The Rock Poster Art of Todd Slater Book. On sale now!

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
edited September 2015 in The Porch
http://www.thefloodgallery.com/pages/the-rock-poster-art-of-todd-slater

NEW from Flood Gallery Publishing

PREORDERS OPEN 10TH SEPTEMBER 5:00PM GMT

Coming soon on the 12th of October: a stunning 288 page hardback book of Todd Slater's incredible gig poster art! The first 500 copies will include one of four special signed & numbered 9 x 12" Todd Slater screen prints printed by D&L- each edition is of 125, make sure to preorder early for your chance to own one of these unique prints!

Publication date: 12th October 2015
Size: 333 x 267mm
Pages: 288
Cover: Hardback
Price: £40.00

Todd Slater is one of the world’s leading contemporary artists for rock poster art, with every new release selling out in a matter of minutes. Operating out of a converted garage studio on the outskirts of Austin, Texas, Todd is as prolific as he is piercingly inventive.

In less than a decade since graduating from art school, he has created literally hundreds of dazzling posters featuring the music industry’s hottest acts, including The White Stripes, The Foo Fighters, Radiohead and The Killers, to mention just a few. He draws his inspiration directly from each artist’s music, translating the sounds into gut instincts or vibes that drive colour selection and design schemes.

Now with an impressive back catalogue to showcase, Todd has entrusted Flood Gallery Publishing with producing his first book, presenting a varied menagerie of his best work, cataloguing it by year as his style and influences have evolved. If you are a die-hard fan of Todd or have only recently been introduced to his work, this book will give you loads of his stunning art bestowed in a luxury tome.

http://www.thefloodgallery.com/collections/books/products/todd-slater

PREORDERS OPEN 10TH SEPTEMBER 5:00PM GMT
RELEASE DATE: 12TH OCTOBER

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    On sale today @ 12pm ET.
  • PART.OF.eV3RY.DAYPART.OF.eV3RY.DAY Posts: 146
    edited September 2015
    nice. done. you know if this is exclusive to their site?
    Post edited by PART.OF.eV3RY.DAY on
  • Amazon for $35 free shipping (prime)...above is $75 + shipping from EU with limited edition print.

Doesn't seem much like a "free" print!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    I ordered it on Amazon.

I met Todd at SXSW this year and he couldn't have been nicer. I asked him about working with Ed/PJ and he only had nice things to say.

He's easily my favorite artist right now. The print he did for MMJ in Atlanta this year might be my favorite show print ever.

This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    edited September 2015
    A few of my faves:

Post edited by ComeToTX on
    ComeToTX said:

A few of my faves:

I hope he releases this as an art print edition someday.
    It's beautiful!

He did a foil of that too.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Has anybody else ordered this book?

I pre-ordered from Amazon, and I have yet to receive it...I kinda want to avoid international shipping fees.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Didn't know they were available over @ Amazon. Not fulfilled by Amazon USA right?

The Flood Gallery shipping is intense. £40.00 for the book. £48.00 for shipping Canada.
    GBP £88.00 = $176.5 CDN. Then there's customs charges ...

Was hoping he would sell copies on his website over at http://www.toddslater.net/
    I don't know, it's still showing as a pending order...it looks like they don't know when they will get it in. I got it for about $60, with free Prime shipping.

I'll send them an email tomorrow.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Ordered through Amazon as well.

Was lucky enough to get one of these at mondo con. Absolutely beautiful.

• That is beautiful!
    edited November 2015
    Process:

These prints debuted at MondoCon and were made using a very unique printing process thru a group called Studio On Fire out of Minneapolis. I became aware of their printing capabilities thru projects that Mitch Putnam and Aaron Horkey worked on together. They offer a number of services but the one that really spoke to me uses heated foil and pressure to create impressions onto paper. There are 3 colors in the print, each of which requires a separate copper plate. The heated foil is then stamped into the paper one color at a time. When I really delved into the process and what was needed to make it work I began to realize that much of my art would translate really well to this particular medium. Specifically, the fact that the elements in my image float without any key line layer to lock everything in together (it isn't ideal for the different foil colors to overlap each other). I'm told this is the largest foil print they've done to date. The results in person are dynamic… they all have this refractive, metallic mirrored feel to them. It's something you haven't seen from me in years past and I think you all will be pleased. I've attached some pics here of the print along with the actual copper plates used to produce the print.

The copper plate:
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    Stop! I'm getting more sad I haven't gotten my book yet!

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

I don't know, it's still showing as a pending order...it looks like they don't know when they will get it in. I got it for about $60, with free Prime shipping.

I'll send them an email tomorrow.

$60 with free shipping? Now that's a sweet deal.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    Amazon cancelled my order. Anyone else's?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
    not here, you have me scared now...

- Christopher McCandless
    No. They asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to cancel or wait.
    ComeToTX said:

No. They asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to cancel or wait.

they asked me as well...

- Christopher McCandless
    Todd will hopefully have some for sale at his store down the road. I'm pretty much gonna wait till then.

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Poster-Art-Todd-Slater/dp/099283662X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1447264861&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Rock+Poster+Art+of+Todd+Slater

The one that's $78.77 from Daily Deals doesn't ship to Canada.

The one from Book Depository USA say's there is 10 left. $78.79 each with $24.95 shipping & handling to Canada.
    My order was cancelled, but I was able to buy from a retailer through Amazon for less than $50 shipped.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

My order was cancelled, but I was able to buy from a retailer through Amazon for less than $50 shipped.

Sweet score! :)
  • JedJed Posts: 1,176
    Yeah I bought it "used" on amazon for $42.83 +$3.99 shipping, and it was still wrapped in the plastic when it arrived. By the way, this book is HUGE.
    edited January 2017
    Book & combos are on sale now over @ https://www.toddslater.net/

The Rock Poster Art of Todd Slater
    $ 60.00

I've been approached twice by separate publishers throughout the last 4 years about putting together a book but resisted due to compromises on things like hardcover, larger page size and the actual number of pages. The patience ended up paying off and after meeting with Chris from the Flood Gallery during SXSW in 2014 and I knew I had found the right partner. Flood has produced a stunning product and you can see some past work here on David Bowie's Golden Years to The Cure Photographs along with Unseen Beatles Photos. Upon meeting with them it became apparent to me that they weren't cutting corners and that the art truly transcended everything else. The Rock Poster Art of Todd Slater is hardback, clocks in at 288 pages and measures 13.1x10.5 inches. It is a coffee table book in the truest sense of the word.

We organized the book by year starting with 2004 and ending with 2015. It shows a nice progression in my work and also features full page images of the prints; no thumbnails exist!

There's other nice surprises spread throughout the pages including a foreward that's both thoughtful and hilarious by the unfuckwithable Rob Jones. You'll find a number of quotes throughout the pages from my peers as well. Please visit their sites and support them, I'm honored they would be *forced* to say such nice things about me: Here is a list of the contributors in the order they fall in the book: Methane Studios, Jeff Kleinsmith, Ken Taylor, Brad Klausen, Jason Edmiston, James Flames, DKNG, Jason Munn, Dan Stiles, Emek, Mark Brickey, Kevin Tong, Jay Ryan, Tyler Stout & Chuck Sperry.
    So here's the goods: anyone who purchases the book from me gets one exclusive 9x12 print randomly. There are 4 total (each S/N to 200) and the only way to get them is to buy the book. The Flood Gallery has their own 4 that are exclusive to their site. The print will be inserted into the book in its own poly bag to prevent surface scratching. Random orders will receive a foil version of the print and are numbered to 30 copies each. Also, all books from me come signed and are bubbled wrapped and packaged in a thick literature mailer. I've got roughly 200 left of these and considering the cost to ship a palette from London to the US I suspect this will be the only time I have these for sale.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    edited January 2017
    And here are some nice incentives to buy direct from Todd:
    "Anyone who purchases the book from me gets one exclusive 9x12 print randomly. There are 4 total (each S/N to 200) and the only way to get them is to buy the book.
    Also, all books from me come signed and are bubbled wrapped and packaged in a thick literature mailer."

I just ordered mine from Todd. Shipping is $12.00 but it's via USPS Priority Mail (apparently the book is heavy).
    Post edited by shecky on
    shecky said:

And here are some nice incentives to buy direct from Todd:
    "Anyone who purchases the book from me gets one exclusive 9x12 print randomly. There are 4 total (each S/N to 200) and the only way to get them is to buy the book.
    Also, all books from me come signed and are bubbled wrapped and packaged in a thick literature mailer."

I just ordered mine from Todd. Shipping is $12.00 but it's via USPS Priority Mail (apparently the book is heavy).

Plus shipping to Canada is only $16. Flood Gallery from the UK wanted £48.00 & Amazon USA asked for $25 US on shipping .. back then.
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Posts: 1,094
    Does it come with the Big Lebowski images of the Dude and Walter?

Does it come with the Big Lebowski images of the Dude and Walter?

i have both of those shirts.