R.I.P. Oliver Sacks

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Saw this on the news this morning. :frowning:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Very sad. A brilliant man, compassionate and caring physician, insightful writer. I will so miss reading his work.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh my gosh, I just loved that bearded motherfucker. What a mind he had...and how he understood and loved how minds themselves worked (along with the people attached to them).

The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat is among my favorite books. Opened the door not just to how the brain works and compensates, but also how its author operated.

Compassionate indeed.

RIP, sir.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    hedonist said:

Oh my gosh, I just loved that bearded motherfucker. What a mind he had...and how he understood and loved how minds themselves worked (along with the people attached to them).

The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat is among my favorite books. Opened the door not just to how the brain works and compensates, but also how its author operated.

Compassionate indeed.

RIP, sir.

Yes! An amazing book!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.