brianlux 1 vote
Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Fuck plasma
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    LED
    I really don't know if there is a difference. I just know that I love my LED.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • elenelen Posts: 188
    Plasma
    And when our Pioneer will die my husband will too...
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    LED
    I believe most manufacturers have stopped making plasma's as of last year. They worked great in dimly lit rooms though.

I'm in the market for a new tv myself...
    www.myspace.com
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I have a 200 pound tube TV. Works great, though!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    deadendp said:

the kind you need two people to carry to the curb when it gives out.

LED
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    Can't Tell The Difference
    deadendp said:

LOL! Me too

Plasma? That a component of blood, right? Led? Past tense of lead follow or get out of the way?

But seriously, I have no idea what the difference is. We still have an analog TV It's hooked up to a digital converter for those rare time we watch TV. Mostly it's used to watch movies on the DVD player. I also still have an old Hitachi tube TV that you have to get up and go over to and turn the volume knob. And in my office I have a TV with a built in VCR player. I'm a fan of old technology. It last ten times longer than new shit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    LED
    I disagree Brian. I think TVs in particular are pretty damn good now as far as lasting goes. I only dropped my analog TV maybe 5 years ago, but had to because the damn thing died on me, and it was only 10 years old. Also, I have had every single VCR I ever owned cop out. And i don't buy cheap electronics. Meanwhile, I am still using the first DVD player I ever bought and it works great, and i don't know anyone whose flatscreen has died on them yet (i'm sure it happens, but it's not like they only last 5 or 10 years and then stop.worming like my old fashioned technology always seemed to).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Sucks when they stop worming!
    =)

I inherited my sister's Sony tube TV from 1989...that thing made it a good 20+ years and we switched a couple or so years ago to a Vizio.

Vive la difference! Much easier on my eyes too.

Our VCR blew awhile back, but it's good motivation to get the few precious dinosaur videos transferred to DVD. And our DVD player is the Playstation.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    Can't Tell The Difference
    PJ_Soul said:

I disagree Brian. I think TVs in particular are pretty damn good now as far as lasting goes. I only dropped my analog TV maybe 5 years ago, but had to because the damn thing died on me, and it was only 10 years old. Also, I have had every single VCR I ever owned cop out. And i don't buy cheap electronics. Meanwhile, I am still using the first DVD player I ever bought and it works great, and i don't know anyone whose flatscreen has died on them yet (i'm sure it happens, but it's not like they only last 5 or 10 years and then stop.worming like my old fashioned technology always seemed to).

Hey, stop raining on my Luddite parade :lol:

You're probably right. I just need every excuse I can get to keep the old shit running!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.