Options

Michigan State trooper struck by vehicle and dragged for miles has died

Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
This is a horrible story. A 72 year old man driving a car with a trailer behind it hit the trooper and dragged him for miles before pulling over at a rest stop. He did not know he had hit the cop. The trooper died at a nearby hospital. Police have not indicated whether charges will be filed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/28/us/michigan-police-trooper-dies/index.html

It will be interesting to see if this man will be charged with anything. I've been a supporter of anyone over the age of 60 or 65 having to take a drivers test every year. It is too early to tell if the age of the driver has anything to do with this accident.

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    You can't fly commercial plains after a certain age... Just sayin'...
  • Options
    In all fairness, it's also to early to tell if the cop was in a spot he shouldn't have been in as well.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029

In all fairness, it's also to early to tell if the cop was in a spot he shouldn't have been in as well.

Which will bring up age restrictions...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    In general michigan drivers are doucebags. Its possible the guy was seeking to move over as required(or slow down) and was paying to much attention to the side view.

Cant tell you how many people speed up to block when someone tries to get over temporarily for these and other situations.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Also believe these new lighting schemes on LE vehicles are too fucking bright and blinding.

But Mi troopers cars have an updated version of the old school single revolving roof light. As well as other strobe lighting on the rest of the vehicle.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The LED light bars police/fire/and ems use on their vehicles are incredibly blinding. They are cheaper and use less power and last longer. But the fact that it seems nobody looks in their rearview every 30 seconds or so just because is the reason for the incredibly bright lights. They have to get the attention of the drivers that are oblivious to what's going on outside of their car. It really is necessary.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

In general michigan drivers are doucebags. Its possible the guy was seeking to move over as required(or slow down) and was paying to much attention to the side view.

Cant tell you how many people speed up to block when someone tries to get over temporarily for these and other situations.

It's not just Michigan drivers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

It's not just Michigan drivers.
    well aware. they just seem especially so. like Massachusettes. Houston was bad. real bad. surprised I didnt see more dents and damaged car. Body shops must make a killing.