Options

Buenos Aires Travel Advice (Cant find a thread on this in the search box)

joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
edited August 2015 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey guys!! Myself and my wife are flying over from New Zealand to do both Santiago and Buenos Aires shows.
Santiago looks pretty straight forward as the venue is in the city however BA the venue is in La Plata, an hour outside Buenos Aires CBD.
Any advice on how to get to and from the venue, whether there are specific trains running for concert goers etc etc.

Any advice at all would be great. Thanks.

PS. If this is mentioned in another post please post a link here and Ill delete this. Thanks
Post edited by joewalshdc on

Comments

• Options

Hey guys!! Myself and my wife are flying over from New Zealand to do both Santiago and Buenos Aires shows.
    Santiago looks pretty straight forward as the venue is in the city however BA the venue is in La Plata, an hour outside Buenos Aires CBD.
    Any advice on how to get to and from the venue, whether there are specific trains running for concert goers etc etc.

Any advice at all would be great. Thanks.

PS. If this is mentioned in another post please post a link here and Ill delete this. Thanks

Someone mentioned something here http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/243167/latin-america-tour-2015-updated/p15.
    For me, public transportation is not an option. I usually get to shows in La Plata (I live in the city, that`s an hour away from the venue) through a mini van service that´s worked well in the past. The last pick up point is near the Obelisco, at 3:30 pm,, and they wait around 30´ after the show is over and take you back to that spot. Ticket price for PJ show is $190 (which is around 20 dollars). I don´t know how to purchase those tickets from outside the country. I´ll e-mail them and let you know.
    This is their website, it`s only in spanish: www.tiendadeexcursiones.com.ar (go to "recitales").
  • Options
    joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
    That would be perfect. If you would let me know that would be fantastic. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    I bought today the van ticket, but did it personally. Purchasing online can be quite challenging, specially for those who don´t speak spanish.
    I´m sure there will be other options, perhaps a little closer to the day of the show, but in case you want to have this one as back up, these are the steps:

i. Sign up on the website www.tiendadeexcursiones.com.ar (on the right side "Registrese aqui"). "DNI" stands for "ID", in your case you´ll have to fill in with your passport number, and under "Observaciones" specify that you will exhibit passport to get in the van.
    ii. Then log in with your user, go to "Recitales", choose Pearl Jam and complete the order for two tickets (be careful to chose for "Zona,Horario y Ascenso" the last option, 15:30 Capital Federal..., and "cantidad": "2", for you both), once you`ve done that, choose "comprar" and then "ver pedido"
    iii. The next screen allows you to choose between visa or mastercard, then again in "observaciones" right down your passport number and your wife full name and passport number as well.
    iv. Finally, CC info. You´ll receive two e-mails, one regarding the reservation, and the second with payment confirmation. Print both, in case they ask you to show them before getting in the van.

I hope this was usufull and that you enjoy South America.
  • Options
    Superb. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    Hey!! I can't seem to do this because it looks like it's for Argentina residents only. It requires a DNI which we obviously don't have.
  • Options
    I was afraid something like that might happen, but they told me passport number was ok though.
    Perhaps you can post this on the Latin America tour thread, someone may come up with other ideas.
    I don`t know when you are arriving to BA, maybe in time to buy those tickets straight from the mini van office (Mon to Fri, 10am to 6pm), this is their address: Av Presidente Roque Sáenz Peña 1146, San Nicolas, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina (there are services to the venue at 3:30, 4, 4:30 and 5pm).
  • Options
    I get in to Buenos Aires on the Thursday before the show so will try to get to the office then!! Thanks so much