PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
edited December 2015 in All Encompassing Trip

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    With family, I sit quietly. I may or may not mumble amen (should I add a 't' at the end?!?)

But if it's people I don't know well, I stare at my food. Maybe I should make everybody listen to a PJ song before they eat at my place.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I think that you would be just fine to stare at your food. I'm a prayer girl at dinner at home, but I have to say that should I be in the company of my friends who aren't prayer people, I skip it. There is no need to expose people to religion when they don't want to be.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Aside from the prayers my dad and other family members have made before/during meals for the Jewish holidays, I haven't really been exposed to it in that sense.

But...I figure nothing wrong with my sitting in silence for a minute or so while others give thanks for what they have.

(that IS saying grace, no? Like I said, not much experience from here).
  • I am not a believer but I do bow my head in silence out of respect for others and I am thankful for the food I am about to receive. I just don't know who or what I am thankful to.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I'm not a very religious person, but I say grace before each meal. Same one we said when I was a kid.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I'm not a very religious person, but I say grace before each meal. Same one we said when I was a kid.

"rub a tub tub, thanks for the grub"

Yes/No?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

"rub a tub tub, thanks for the grub"

Yes/No?
    +1
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    No, but when we are out and I get hungry I have said

Rub a dub dub
    I need some grub
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015