Options

The 10th...

2»

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    So you are mandated to take your vacation? See, I would hate that. I like stockpiling mine up, rolling some over. Pretty fortunate that higher ed has great leave/sick plans. Plus I'm off June and July. Now if we could just get paid maternity leave...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

So you are mandated to take your vacation? See, I would hate that. I like stockpiling mine up, rolling some over. Pretty fortunate that higher ed has great leave/sick plans. Plus I'm off June and July. Now if we could just get paid maternity leave...

Pinko!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466

I don't know if mandated is the appropriate word. I just can't take off 26 consecutive days.

I get 40.5 days off per year which includes 23 vacations days, 14 holidays, 2 personal days, and 1.5 days of comp time. I also get 12 sick days per year which roll over from year to year.

The good thing is that I can use the time whenever I want, but I wouldn't be able to take off 26 consecutive days. I basically take 6 weeks of vacation per year and then save the balance for the odd day off here and there when I have something I need to do. I enjoy where I work so I don't really look at taking time off as an escape from work. I mostly look at it as an opportunity to spend time with the kids and get some traveling done.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

I don't know if mandated is the appropriate word. I just can't take off 26 consecutive days.

I get 40.5 days off per year which includes 23 vacations days, 14 holidays, 2 personal days, and 1.5 days of comp time. I also get 12 sick days per year which roll over from year to year.

The good thing is that I can use the time whenever I want, but I wouldn't be able to take off 26 consecutive days. I basically take 6 weeks of vacation per year and then save the balance for the odd day off here and there when I have something I need to do. I enjoy where I work so I don't really look at taking time off as an escape from work. I mostly look at it as an opportunity to spend time with the kids and get some traveling done.
    Oh no, I'm sorry! I meant to quote Dimi's post. It looks like his job tells him how many days of leave to take per month.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466

on2legs said:

Oh no, I'm sorry! I meant to quote Dimi's post. It looks like his job tells him how many days of leave to take per month.
    No prob. Doesn't sound like his job is mandated either though. His boss lets him exceed the time off limit for that part of the year. Seems pretty generous.

I do like that you're off in the summer though. My next career will include summers off!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    I would very much like to see Ed play the Ryman 2 days in a row.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

No prob. Doesn't sound like his job is mandated either though. His boss lets him exceed the time off limit for that part of the year. Seems pretty generous.

I do like that you're off in the summer though. My next career will include summers off!
    I'd take the extra $20k 12 month salary to be honest, but the time off was restorative and I got some amazing QT with my daughter : )
    www.cluthelee.com