Options

Speaking as a child of the nineties

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Dude, yes! 96-01 for me. Zip disks? Haha!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Pretty good.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    edited August 2015
    The late night booty call was much better than a text!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    eddiec said:

The late night booty call was much better than a text!

I wouldn't know.

:disappointed:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited August 2015
    9 is correct but replace Clinton with Gore since I was only 16 when Clinton beat Dole and 20 when that Texas scumbag was sworn in.

Anyone have a homework hotline when they were in school? I had one at my junior high when I started 7th grade in 1993.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

9 is correct but replace Clinton with Gore since I was only 16 when Clinton beat Dole and 20 when that Texas scumbag was sworn in.

Anyone have a homework hotline when they were in school? I had one at my junior high when I started 7th grade in 1993.

God.... in 1993 I was in Freshman year of University..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

This thread just reminds me that I'm old...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Look at the bright side -- at least it's this thread and not a mirror.

:relaxed:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

I can still pass for older 20s to early 30s...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

I've stopped getting carded.

:confounded:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

If you have facial hair, it could be a reason. I still get carded...for smokes.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Guilty of the graybeard.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Hell, I feel old at times. I graduated high school in 99 and because it was the last year before that decade, I'm hearing songs of that year on oldies stations like Smooth by Santana and Livin La Vida Loca ffs. People born when I graduated are now old enough to drive this year.
  • Options

Hell, I feel old at times. I graduated high school in 99 and because it was the last year before that decade, I'm hearing songs of that year on oldies stations like Smooth by Santana and Livin La Vida Loca ffs. People born when I graduated are now old enough to drive this year.

You're a whippersnapper.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Yeah, beards always add ten years.
    I still get carded once in a while, but I am old enough to be suspicious that they are just doing it because they think it will make me feel good, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Graduated two years early. In 1990. Crazy to think it's been 25 years.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ^^ 1991 here. I still get carded, but every now and then I don't. On the rarity that happens, I admit that it makes me a bit sad. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    dankind said:

You're a whippersnapper.
    Sorry, but you can't be a whippersnapper when someone born the same year as you is filming their 3rd movie as James T freaking Kirk.
  • Options

dankind said:

You're a whippersnapper.
    Sorry, but you can't be a whippersnapper when someone born the same year as you is filming their 3rd movie as James T freaking Kirk.
    Chris Pine is also a whippersnapper -- one lucky whippersnapper (that is, according to Olivia Munn's hacked smartphone).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    I don't remember 1993. There was a 1993?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I don't remember 1993. There was a 1993?

We've gotten to the point where there's a retro coming of age movie that takes place there called The To Do List. Decent movie, actually. It's on Showtime streaming. I was 12 going on 13 so some of the pop culture references and songs were actually accurate to that time compared to most movies. *cough*Wedding Singer*cough*

Even PJ gets referenced with a poster on the wall and Andy Samberg playing a Vedder wannabe rocker.
  • Options
    Isn't there a movie by the guys that made Dazed and Confused...but now it's about kids in the 90s?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Isn't there a movie by the guys that made Dazed and Confused...but now it's about kids in the 90s?

You're off by a decade, RK. Richard Linklater's latest film is called Everybody Wants Some, and it's set in 1980. I think he called it something like a "spiritual sequel" to Dazed and Confused.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

You're off by a decade, RK. Richard Linklater's latest film is called Everybody Wants Some, and it's set in 1980. I think he called it something like a "spiritual sequel" to Dazed and Confused.
    Fine, I'm old and those decades mush together...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Well, they both sucked!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Well, they both sucked!
    The 90s less so than the 80s...we didn't have Reagan in the 90s.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Well, they both sucked!
    I don't know. It was kind of exciting thinking that the world was going to end in a nuclear holocaust at any moment.

All that fun ended in the nineties.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

Well, they both sucked!
    I don't know. It was kind of exciting thinking that the world was going to end in a nuclear holocaust at any moment.

All that fun ended in the nineties.
    But we got Bush twice, we got 2 wars...the US being attacked wasn't exciting enough?

- Christopher McCandless