Options

FS EV Black Wave Zippo 499$

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I'm not complaing by the way. I think people who pay that much for a lighter are out of their mind. I just don't see the difference in the "flippers" intentions. Whether one is available or a lot. They are taking the opportunity away from someone to buy for regular price. With the intention of selling it for profit.

I see a huge difference in hoarding multiple copies simply for resell as opposed to a single item purchase. For a single purchase, EVERYONE had the chance to get it. If someone buys multiple copies, that's not the case. I like the way the 10C has limited featured items to a single-quantity purchase.
    I'm sure that practice helps cut down on the problem for sure. It's just rough for the people who aren't on here constantly. I'm certain there are people who lie in wait for this type of shit specifically to snag them up and make some cash. That seems like a lot of wasted time for the chance to score once in awhile.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

I'm not complaing by the way. I think people who pay that much for a lighter are out of their mind. I just don't see the difference in the "flippers" intentions. Whether one is available or a lot. They are taking the opportunity away from someone to buy for regular price. With the intention of selling it for profit.

You've never sold something for more than what you paid?
    Did I imply that anywhere?
    Never implied that you did, it was just a question. Not talking about you, but most people who bitch and moan about "flippers" are guilty of doing the same thing that they are complaining about.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2015

Never implied that you did, it was just a question. Not talking about you, but most people who bitch and moan about "flippers" are guilty of doing the same thing that they are complaining about.
    I wouldn't even call it flipping. It's straight up gouging people in this case. 500 bucks for a fucking lighter? Just because someone is stupid enough to pay it, doesn't absolve the seller from being a douchebag. Imo. But again, to each his own. Doesn't really affect me.
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    I've got an extra one to trade im looking for the white aussie one I could add cash merch posters vinyl to the trade to make it happen. Pm me if you're interested
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

I wouldn't even call it flipping. It's straight up gouging people in this case. 500 bucks for a fucking lighter? Just because someone is stupid enough to pay it, doesn't absolve the seller from being a douchebag. Imo. But again, to each his own. Doesn't really affect me.
    What if the lighter is immediately traded for a poster with a $500 value with an original purchase price of $30?
    What is an acceptable amount of time to pass before selling or trading it?
    As for gouging - what if it was sold for $200 instead of the $400 it could possibly fetch...is that gouging?
    What can be done to ensure that someone doesn't sell it for under market, only to have the buyer turn around and sell it for market?
    The problem with getting aggravated by this is that there are no parameters for what is acceptable and what isn't. So it ends up sounding like sour grapes.
    Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours zippo.

...and I also doubt there is anyone who sits here waiting for merch announcements. Maybe there are people who are organized and have some kind of alert set up through a network of friends, but I don't see people F5'ing eternally hoping for new Lightning Bolt coffee mugs or anything. I think it's mostly dumb luck, and connections. I was on the porch when this was released, by fluke. I texted a friend before I had it in my cart.
  • Options
    VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    I think it's just sad to see r'that people buy PJ related stuff with the sole purpose of flipping it. The black zippo count is at 8 since they landed in the shop. It might simply be the time the 10C has more inventory for us to buy or move everything to presales like the Vault vinyls but that's my opinion.

Cheers guys !
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    FYI, by PJ's standards, the acceptable time frame to "flip" or trade mech here for a higher value is right after you buy it. Happens all the time here and no threads are locked. Unless of course it's a PJ ticket, those get locked right away.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    If anyone wants to "flip" one over my way for a decent price pm me :)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    Thank God I'm not collecting lighters!!!
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    Lol
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    That website we all know, has one 315$ buy it now....
    Crazy price I know, but the best I've seen in a looooong time....
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,597
    Once they're gone this time, it will be difficult to find again for awhile.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307

Thank God I'm not collecting lighters!!!

No doubt! Shit is whack!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    The prices on ebay are way lower now than before 10C released this batch. From $500 USD to just over $300. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'd give $100 for one...
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960

I'd give $100 for one...

I'll go $101! Tempo has enough in his collection.
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    sdavis said:

I'd give $100 for one...

Just kidding buddy
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,783
    If you do not think this happens you are kidding yourself...

...and I also doubt there is anyone who sits here waiting for merch announcements. Maybe there are people who are organized and have some kind of alert set up through a network of friends, but I don't see people F5'ing eternally hoping for new Lightning Bolt coffee mugs or anything. I think it's mostly dumb luck, and connections. I was on the porch when this was released, by fluke. I texted a friend before I had it in my cart
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    sdavis said:

I'd give $100 for one...

Hahaha! I don't have one of these though!