Options

psst...

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    FoxyRedLa said:

Yeah....a...lighter...
    I don't smoke so I have zero use for this. How about some reissued vinyl or some decent looking simple t-shirts.
    How about to light some candles? Umm...oh burn the end of a shoe lace? Or I dunno just to flick open and light your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night..? :lol:

Start fire in your fire pit or when camping
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Throw it in the closet and use it to buy a car in 20 years? lol
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Can someone explain why this sells for $500 on the secondary market? Is it limited or numbered or something? That's madness.

Kinda wish I would have seen this sooner though. For $35 it's kind of a badass lighter, whether it's worth 5 bills or not.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,249
    Saltzy23 said:

Can someone explain why this sells for $500 on the secondary market? Is it limited or numbered or something? That's madness.

Kinda wish I would have seen this sooner though. For $35 it's kind of a badass lighter, whether it's worth 5 bills or not.

Yah I think it's simply that it's rare. Something cool and there' aren't many around so the few that turn up for sale go for a lot. I didn't really want this one, but I'd love to get the one with the Into the Wild logo on it. Wouldn't pay $500 though :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Zod said:

Saltzy23 said:

Yah I think it's simply that it's rare. Something cool and there' aren't many around so the few that turn up for sale go for a lot. I didn't really want this one, but I'd love to get the one with the Into the Wild logo on it. Wouldn't pay $500 though :)
    Yeah, exactly. They are just really really hard to find. The one that popped up on ebay last month was the first one listed since I started looking for it well over a year ago. Luckily you can still find the Into the Wild one pretty easily. They seem to be going for around $120 still.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    PP193448 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Yeah....a...lighter...
    I don't smoke so I have zero use for this. How about some reissued vinyl or some decent looking simple t-shirts.
    How about to light some candles? Umm...oh burn the end of a shoe lace? Or I dunno just to flick open and light your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night..? :lol:

I usually do those tasks with the 79 cent lighter thingy from Target. Much better bargain...
  • Options
    edited August 2015

PP193448 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Yeah....a...lighter...
    I usually do those tasks with the 79 cent lighter thingy from Target. Much better bargain...

You can get a lifetime supply instead of only 1 $500 EV zippo
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Saltzy23 said:

Yeah, exactly. They are just really really hard to find. The one that popped up on ebay last month was the first one listed since I started looking for it well over a year ago. Luckily you can still find the Into the Wild one pretty easily. They seem to be going for around $120 still.
    There is one on ebay right now for $75obo
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Saltzy23 said:

That's a really good deal for recent days. That's last year's price, lol. Someone should get on that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    Ten Club LLC Your order is in queue for shipping emails are too freaking sweet! B)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Saltzy23 said:

That's a really good deal for recent days. That's last year's price, lol. Someone should get on that.
    Meh :) Shipping is 26 USD on top of that (to Canada). That makes it over $100 USD which is about 135ish Canadian. I guess Zippo's aren't on the top of my PJ things to collect. Maybe they'll put out more one day (maybe a PJ one opposd to an EV one). I'd pay retail price for one.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I have a deck of EV playing cards if anyone's them. $520. $10 a card sounds about right. I'll give you the jokers free
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

I have a deck of EV playing cards if anyone's them. $520. $10 a card sounds about right. I'll give you the jokers free

i guess the silver tin ups the ante more? hehe who needs rrsps when i gots pj goods....hahaha.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    Damn. Wish I would've seen this while it was available. :disappointed:
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    These are being flipped in Lost Dogs before they even ship out. Crazy.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    RP112579 said:

These are being flipped in Lost Dogs before they even ship out. Crazy.

I was cool missing out on these until I learned I could score a copy of Lost Dogs for $35 plus shipping.

Shouldn't have been out pounding happy hour beers.
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought of trading it for an album i don't think..... I've had Soldier Field in my sights for a long time.... :pensive:
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,776
    PJ_Soul said:

I hadn't even thought of trading it for an album i don't think..... I've had Soldier Field in my sights for a long time.... :pensive:

+1 or Benny
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    edited August 2015
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

+1 or Benny
    I did once mention a Benny as a trade for it to someone, but I was just kidding. :tongue: But maybe Soldier Field is actually realistic, i don't know. Would have.to be someone who prefers EV zippo to vinyl, so here's hoping someone who reads this is crazy like that. :lol:
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I bought one only because I know what the last one went for on ebay (although this release will/has already affected the value)....Im not looking to trade for anything near that value at the moment, but for $35 it made sense to get one for future considerations. Maybe I'll miss out on a popular poster from a future show I attend and this will be trade bait. Maybe I will lose my job and need the money....If they're ever reissued or something, I own a cool zippo for a justifiable cost. Low risk on this investment/collectible. Hopefully smokers aren't too upset about my approach :wink:
    (I know if it was vinyl the purists would crucify me for calling it an investment/collectible)
  • Options

I bought one only because I know what the last one went for on ebay (although this release will/has already affected the value)....Im not looking to trade for anything near that value at the moment, but for $35 it made sense to get one for future considerations. Maybe I'll miss out on a popular poster from a future show I attend and this will be trade bait. Maybe I will lose my job and need the money....If they're ever reissued or something, I own a cool zippo for a justifiable cost. Low risk on this investment/collectible. Hopefully smokers aren't too upset about my approach :wink:
    (I know if it was vinyl the purists would crucify me for calling it an investment/collectible)

I think this post should prompt the lighters are made for lighting posts.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Don't they make these already as bootlegs... Called Bics...can get them in all cool colors too...
  • Options

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5871469/#Comment_5871469
    :wink:
    is mild shit disturbing the same as trolling? :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    PP193448 said:

Don't they make these already as bootlegs... Called Bics...can get them in all cool colors too...

but no PJ/EV logo.....someone is firing up an etsy account as I type this....
    It doesn't get Eddie Vedder than that.
  • Options

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5871469/#Comment_5871469
    :wink:
    is mild shit disturbing the same as trolling? :lol:
    Hahahaha!

Classic.
  • Options
    Fire
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry to have missed this one!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I lit some fire last night. I clicked a long necked Bic lighter to ignite my barbeque and then grilled some meat.

I use my Bic lighter. I don't just leave it in a package to stare at. Lighters are made to light fire. Flick flick flick the Bic lighter.
  • Options

Zod said:
    I lit some fire last night. I clicked a long necked Bic lighter to ignite my barbeque and then grilled some meat.

I use my Bic lighter. I don't just leave it in a package to stare at. Lighters are made to light fire. Flick flick flick the Bic lighter.
    I use an EV zippo to light cigarettes.