Options

Physical albums or downloads (or even streaming)

Who does what as their primary source of music and why? I'm just curious. I've been thinking that it's probably inevitable that one day the majority of my music will be from downloads... I have some friends who recently sold all their albums and subsist entirely on streaming services alone. Don't think that'll ever be me though!
Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
Memphis, 14th October 2014
Krakow, 3rd July 2018
London, 8th July 2022

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited September 2015
    I keep CD's and/or vinyl of my top 5 or 10 favorite bands, or really exceptional albums here and there. Everything else is downloads. Even most PJ bootlegs I have are digital. I only buy the CD if it's a show I attended. I don't stream at all.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    Vinyl in my #1 technically... that's what I spend all my money on, anyway.
    But I actually spend more time listening to digital or streaming (if youtube is considered streaming - I guess so), since I listen to my mp3 player any time I'm out of my house, and to music all day on my computer at work. So while my heart is with vinyl, I still couldn't live without digital music.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    Thanks for your thoughts. We've just moved to a smaller place in a new city so all our albums are currently stored in the loft. I've been downloading new music since then and they feelings of guilt at not buying physical are slowly abating - terrible first world problem for sure!
    I saw a pic on here a while back where someone had wired their iPad up to an old jukebox - I'd love to do something similar and get my iTunes played through my amplified speakers - they sound kick ass and I need to keep using them.
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022