Only in Florida Thread.

It's about time my beloved state gets some love since we haven't had any from PJ since 08(not counting Deluna,that was basically Bama)
So here is my first addition of awesomeness.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/wildlife/burmese-python-bagged-in-everglades-measures-18-feet-3-inches-and-133/2239273

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited July 2015
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    This just happened in PA. Dude dropped pants and went to town on himself in front of a large window of a crowded bar.

Bath salts are intense
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Clique-ish
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    On my quick lunchtime drives, one of the stations I listen to has a "Florida or Not?" segment, based on some out-of-this-world stories.

More often than not...Florida!

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited July 2015
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I heard about this on our local news here in Palm Beach. Very impressive, now we have hunts for these invasive animals in the Everglades. I saw one 9 footer in Lake Worth in my then community moving across a road after having the tip of his tail run over by a dump truck. By the time a came up to it he crawled off into the bushes, I did get a vague image of its tail. We also have lion fish which are everywhere off our Treasure Coast shores.

However, at least we don't have these bad boys from Down Under.....

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Ani,did you check out the other stories on your link.All top notch.I love living in a big hot mess.It keeps things exciting.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Whenever I want to enjoy the widlness that is Florida I go to Folirda Man on Twitter. All he posts are the crazy news stories. And I agree it would make life more interesting not knowing when you got a motel and get ice if someone on bath salts pee'd in the machine.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    g under p said:

I heard about this on our local news here in Palm Beach. Very impressive, now we have hunts for these invasive animals in the Everglades. I saw one 9 footer in Lake Worth in my then community moving across a road after having the tip of his tail run over by a dump truck. By the time a came up to it he crawled off into the bushes, I did get a vague image of its tail. We also have lion fish which are everywhere off our Treasure Coast shores.

Peace

the fuck is that?!?!? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Just a big ole calf eating snake
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    imalive said:

g under p said:

Peace

rr165892 said:

rr come on man, everybody knows that's not a calf. This image was sent to me years ago from a friend in Australia......the snake is a Olive Python and the animal its pulling up is a wallaroo which is smaller than a kangaroo.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

imalive said:

g under p said:

Peace

rr165892 said:

rr come on man, everybody knows that's not a calf. This image was sent to me years ago from a friend in Australia......the snake is a Olive Python and the animal its pulling up is a wallaroo which is smaller than a kangaroo.

Peace
    Well thank you G.I love learning something new everyday.A wallaroos.I will try to remember that next time I see one being swallowed whole by a snake.lol